What is the most stable map for PVE?

hugozilla

Our main base is on Extinction 454. That server has basically become unplayable with lag, disconnects... That seems to be common among Extinction PVE servers.  Thinking of moving to another map what would you suggest.  The island map is probably the most stable but usually suffer from over population.  I have heard aberration servers are usually good. 

3 hours ago, hugozilla said:

Our main base is on Extinction 454. That server has basically become unplayable with lag, disconnects... That seems to be common among Extinction PVE servers.  Thinking of moving to another map what would you suggest.  The island map is probably the most stable but usually suffer from over population.  I have heard aberration servers are usually good. 

The Center. All the island stuff but lower pop from my experience. 

I played on almost every map and i can tell u that there is no big difference.

Extinction is the worst. I cant fly to the city on our server because i get disconnected every time. I got about 10 disconnects after every 2 minutes and a tribemate had to get my wyvern so i can spawn somewhere else. I also get a few second long freezes everywhere on the map.

On Aberration and scorched earth ragnarok or valguero i get sometimes disconnects, no difference

On Genesis i wasn´t in the water for weeks because i got disconnected too often. Also teleporting lets u disconnect very often. Only volcano or lunar where somehow stable.

• 7 months later...

The map doesn't matter as much as server population and how many bases filled with tames are on the server. Scorched Earth server are generally better for this because not many play on SE, but a high pop Scorch will be just as bad as any other map.

Look for servers with low average population, and then quickly scout the map to get an idea of how many bases are around. More active bases with tames left out = worse performance.

AB is most stable by far.  That's mostly due to low player counts, not as many buildings.  not as many buildings decaying.  Each time a base breaks down the server hiccups.  On free maps or the base maps, there are hundreds of tribe structures in various states of decay.  Lots of leftover stuff breaking down constantly from those free players who join, quit after a while and their stuff breaks down and decays at different times.  There was a massive patch of that going on 2-4 weeks after epic had the game listed for free.

On 5/5/2020 at 11:30 AM, hugozilla said:

After dealing with aberration, Im 100% sure there shouldn't be an overpopulation. XD
With that said, I had a decent run on a legacy server and while yes, there was some super mega bases, it wasn't nearly as bad I had expected In fact, my one place I really wanted to build at was indeed empty. Now I was somewhat affraid of the rest of the server, Iv delt with PvP ding dongs before, but it turned out that a lot of the other players was kinda chill. One even told me about and helped me tame a giga......Honestly I dunno why I decided to do it, but since he offered I decided to go ahead and do it. It was cool.

Archived