Sponsored Mod Program Update

ZenRowe

On 5/5/2020 at 7:03 AM, BrokenArkGame said:

Can xbox get mods because this really doesnt include console I have been dying to try primal fear I cant enjoy all off this hard work people are doing and have fun with everyone else if mods are just PC pretty please primal fear for xbox?

Consoles can't really handle mods which sucks but ark was one of the first games to give console mods (p+, rag, Val, the center)

On 5/9/2020 at 6:56 PM, DragonX1 said:

Why can’t we ark console players get mods people say console can’t handle mods then why can a lot of console games get mods like fallout 4 and others

its because platforms like ps4 do support mods the mod can only be one file thats why we cant get mods on console because most ark mods are more than one file but if wild card adds those mods as official parts of the game like val then they can bypass that thats why the mod support program is a thing

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2020 at 3:56 PM, DragonX1 said:

Why can’t we ark console players get mods people say console can’t handle mods then why can a lot of console games get mods like fallout 4 and others

Well there’s some roadblocks and the way they and Xbox set it up makes it hard. The only way to include them is have them be part of the game 

On 5/6/2020 at 12:03 AM, BrokenArkGame said:

Can xbox get mods because this really doesnt include console I have been dying to try primal fear I cant enjoy all off this hard work people are doing and have fun with everyone else if mods are just PC pretty please primal fear for xbox?

It will be a great deal for this I agree all they have to do is create a mod website that allows players to download mods onto console something like Bethesda how they implemented a modding website for Skyrim SE or Fallout 4 for console sorry if that went off topic for a moment I vote yes to modding for console.

50 minutes ago, AcexHellhound21 said:

Well they can but it will be more tedious the author of the mod would have to update the code and then send WC the updated files for upload to consoles so it updates the DLC

Yeah, so basically WC owns the mod and the Modders aren’t stupid enough to try...

also can SOMEONE explain how sponsorship works, like what the modders still can and can’t do afterwards and what kind of approval prosses?

• 2 weeks later...