Mission scaling and instancing strongly recommended

Thaledwyn

Mission scaling and instancing strongly recommended

Hi,

so my wife and me are playing on our private dedicated server (2 players only) and enjoying the new DLC (both over 800 hours playtime on ARK).

Unfortunately, when it comes to missions, the fun is gone:

1.) Missions for 1-10 (!) players (e.g. Bog Beatdown) seem to be scaling extremly bad:
- With 2 players it is almost impossible even to do Gamma difficulty... Just too much dinos to kill...
- If you compare this to a single player Gamma attempt, the single player version is a joke!

So please add proper scaling!

2.) There is no mission instancing:
- When doing a 1 player mission, all others seem to have to wait until his mission is done?
- We are just two poeple so we can wait, but what are people doing on servers with hundrets of players on it???

I mean we have 2020, just look at World of Warcraft how to do it.

I hope the right guys read this and start improving these issues.

I play on Official PVE, highly populated server. Here is my words on it:  (3.500+ hours in ARK, like it matters.. Weird flex, but okay)

1. Missions are super easy, if you are having a hard time beating bog beatdown on gamma as 2 players, i'm sorry to burst your bubble. But then you are not very good at the game. Everything is a 1 shot kill and deal very little damage, you can basically go in naked on gamma and win.  To be honest, the scaling is very small and barely noticeable. 
When transfer opens up very soon, all Alpha missions will be a joke to long time breeded tames, gigas or whatever we can transfer in...

2. Waiting is no a problem on a high populated server. You can just view mission list and see what is in progress (and time remaining), worse case you have to wait 5 minutes, so what? Most players are actually teaming up anyway, even if they are not in tribe. It's called communication.

- Imagine if different players where able to start the same mission at the same time, how many mobs it would spawn and how much lag it would create and interfere with each other missions. Or you would collide in races. No thanks

The BIG problem here is, that the majority of the missions are broken / bugged, meaning they don't even work half of the time... Oh yeah and the loot we get as reward is useless... 

1. Missions are super easy, if you are having a hard time beating bog beatdown on gamma as 2 players, i'm sorry to burst your bubble. But then you are not very good at the game. Everything is a 1 shot kill and deal very little damage, you can basically go in naked on gamma and win.  To be honest, the scaling is very small and barely noticeable. 
When transfer opens up very soon, all Alpha missions will be a joke to long time breeded tames, gigas or whatever we can transfer in...

Did u test Alpha missions with gigas? I heard it was impossible and tried it out. My giga (25k and 1000%) was enraged with the second hit in the yuti mission and killed me. I don´t think gigas or a rex army could make it easy.

But with the rest you´re completly right. Waiting is no problem and missions are very buggy.

2 hours ago, eronsyla said:

Did u test Alpha missions with gigas? I heard it was impossible and tried it out. My giga (25k and 1000%) was enraged with the second hit in the yuti mission and killed me. I don´t think gigas or a rex army could make it easy.

But with the rest you´re completly right. Waiting is no problem and missions are very buggy.

Current Rex's with capped saddles will be fine. We almost beat Alpha Magmasaur with 10 basic raised Tek Rex's (11k hp, 408 melee) and a Yuty. Leveled to 30 or 35k hp, 700 to 800 melee and wearing mostly 75 armor saddles, we lost one and biggest issue was time. These 50 to 100k, 2000 to 2500 melee Rex's with max saddles will house all but perhaps the Giga.

21 hours ago, eronsyla said:

Servers haven't opened up for transfer yet and therefore you can't transfer in Gigas, so my answer is no. ?
I'm sure you are right about the giga getting enraged fast. But i'm going to use our rexes with 80-100k HP with 2.3k+ melee damage, so it's going to be pretty easy to be honest. 
We also have theris with base stats of 25k hp and 1k melee (100% imprint), this plus veggie cake will be a walk in the park lol :)

On 5/4/2020 at 8:21 AM, Thaledwyn said:

1.) Missions for 1-10 (!) players (e.g. Bog Beatdown) seem to be scaling extremly bad:

- With 2 players it is almost impossible even to do Gamma difficulty... Just too much dinos to kill...
- If you compare this to a single player Gamma attempt, the single player version is a joke!

With your example here - use the spears, second wave - use flame spear, as soon as the flame thrower becomes available use it.   have stimulate or stim berries hot slotted to use when it comes time to kille brood mother to keep from passing out., try to stay on her side or behind her. 

With spears point slightly up and continually stab.  With flamethrower  hold fire in and just spin in cicles to kill everything around you.

our issue with bog beatdown is different, it keeps spawning 1 dino under the platform every time anymore on round 3.

On 5/4/2020 at 8:21 AM, Thaledwyn said:

2.) There is no mission instancing:

- When doing a 1 player mission, all others seem to have to wait until his mission is done?
- We are just two poeple so we can wait, but what are people doing on servers with hundrets of players on it???

I mean we have 2020, just look at World of Warcraft how to do it.

I hope the right guys read this and start improving these issues.

each official server can have up to 70 players playing, but its really rare to see that, at most the average seems to be about 30-35 people.  But, even with that,  In all the time that genesis has been out, other then 1 race mission (WAVE RAY 64)  I've only ran into someone doing a mission instance twice.  Once I accidently got sucked into their bubble while trying to get to a glitch in the lava biome on foot,  the other time I was looking for a rex to tame there.  other then that, and waiting the 2-3 min for the ocean race to complete, I haven't had any problems doing missions on the server (not that im really trying to do a lot of them) .  Most people rushed the missions in the beginning, so now those of us who wish to take our time and do them at our leisure, can without much trouble.

Archived