Mid-game tips

ARKPOTATO

Harvesting I would suggest adding a beaver/mammoth, doedi

Lots of choices for carnivores. Bear or thylas would be a good upgrade.

Note: bary spin attack makes taming a baslio easy. Easy to clear mantas. Consider getting into the water.

Argy would be a good upgrade to your flyer. But you also want some backups for corpse runs.

argy is a must have u can do all with an argy ok is slow but can carry really tons of stuff (dino wise and weight wise) and well… a rex is also a must have u need to tame at least one rex in your life, will be a little bit of a challenge but well u are a survivor! (in the future u will just raise rex and stop taming in the wild "almost") i still have my first rex in a cryo as a memento xD

7 hours ago, Cymas said:

If you're planning to do bosses and whatnot you'll want to start setting up your infrastructure for that asap. It takes a long time to grind out some of the stuff that's needed so the earlier you start working on it the less likely you are to be bottlenecked and waiting for rng to spit out something you really need.

I was interested in what you mean by this - which elements of your 'boss infrastructure' are worth working on early to avoid a bottleneck?

3 hours ago, Goram said:

I was interested in what you mean by this - which elements of your 'boss infrastructure' are worth working on early to avoid a bottleneck?

Breeding is the bottle neck. It's hard to do the bosses with out "boss dinos" which most people consider to be highly mutated in heath and melee, rexs and theriz. Unless you are on official or something, and there are boss dinos for sale. But if you're a do it your selfer you're gonna want to tame rex, theriz that you find lvl 130 and above. Try to go for the females as having lots of females means getting lots of eggs. Look up tutorials on breeding, because it's complicated.

7 minutes ago, sjskdjkfa said:

Breeding is the bottle neck. It's hard to do the bosses with out "boss dinos" which most people consider to be highly mutated in heath and melee, rexs and theriz. Unless you are on official or something, and there are boss dinos for sale. But if you're a do it your selfer you're gonna want to tame rex, theriz that you find lvl 130 and above. Try to go for the females as having lots of females means getting lots of eggs. Look up tutorials on breeding, because it's complicated.

Perhaps another bottle neck is getting a really good blueprint for the saddles.

Yes, breeding and a saddle bp are the big bottlenecks, if you don't start grinding either of those early enough you will get stuck there. I wish I had set up an outpost and started farming Swamp Cave way earlier than I did because that's where I got stuck, even doing it constantly it took me a month to get a rex saddle bp. Theri bp isn't any easier if you go that route.

Breeding is absolutely something you should aim for as early as possible, you can do everything up through gamma Dragon with bred and imprinted, unmutated rexes and good saddles, but Beta/Alpha Dragon and the Overseer you want to beef up your stats as much as possible. That means as many mutations as you can stack, which means breeding as early as possible. For me midgame was basically all about setting up my breeding. Getting a beetle, setting up my kibble farm, hunting down decent rexes, establishing the breeding line. Tip: If you're playing on SP, play with PVE settings off and level up your rexes on the thousands of babies you'll be hatching and discarding while mutating.

The other big thing to work toward would be an industrial forge. You're going to need a lot of metal for high tier saddles, more if you wipe to a boss or can't salvage the saddles if you lose rexes in the boss fights. If you're running with theris get that sap production going early and often, you'll need it to mass produce the cakes later on. Honey, too.

Basically when figuring out what to do next, look at what your ultimate goal is and work backwards from there to figure out what you need, then use that as a roadmap to build up. There are also a lot of things you can do simultaneously if you have the infrastructure in place to handle it. That's how I've been doing it anyway, I'm playing through the maps in order and am almost done with The Island.

Archived