Why does the Magmasaur take fire damage?

Chrysa1is

Why does the Magmasaur take fire damage?

The Magmasaur; A large volcanic lizard, imbued with the power of fire and magma can, for some DUMB AF reason, be damaged by fire.

Why? 

Under no circumstances should this even be a thing in the game. Id even go far as to say that it should be immune to getting frozen solid by the Managarmr.

Seriously though, the Magmasaur should not be able to take any fire damage or have a fire debuff.

Change this to cure my AIDs

Because the majority of players are on pvp servers and there needs to be balance. With that said, I have been advocating for separate abilities between pve and pvp servers for a long time. But it almost will never happen, would require a lot of work, but the outcome would be much better than current situations like manas still too strong on pvp, but rather weak and useless on pve.

2 hours ago, Usuallyafk said:

Because the majority of players are on pvp servers and there needs to be balance. With that said, I have been advocating for separate abilities between pve and pvp servers for a long time. But it almost will never happen, would require a lot of work, but the outcome would be much better than current situations like manas still too strong on pvp, but rather weak and useless on pve.

No such thing as balance in Ark. Balance isn't an issue. There are gigas in circulation with +800% melee. It's only common sense for the magmasaur to be immune to all sources of flame debuffs and damage.

4 hours ago, Chrysa1is said:

No such thing as balance in Ark. Balance isn't an issue. There are gigas in circulation with +800% melee. It's only common sense for the magmasaur to be immune to all sources of flame debuffs and damage.

You're referencing a breed line that took a very long time to aquire, months if not years to just an egg I can grab and raise easily solo if I had to. The analogy does not really work. I am not disagreeing with your suggestions, but many dinos are still far too strong on pvp, including the magmasaur, but we all know WC balances where they can and not where they should. Every single established player on small tribes pvp is on a mana, at all times, even after all the nerfs. There shouldn't be so much focus on one dino.

20 hours ago, Usuallyafk said:

You're referencing a breed line that took a very long time to aquire, months if not years to just an egg I can grab and raise easily solo if I had to. The analogy does not really work. I am not disagreeing with your suggestions, but many dinos are still far too strong on pvp, including the magmasaur, but we all know WC balances where they can and not where they should. Every single established player on small tribes pvp is on a mana, at all times, even after all the nerfs. There shouldn't be so much focus on one dino.

Something made of fire should not take fire damage.

Archived