Valguero Manticore not landing FIX IT

Dalanna

Manticore in Boss Arena

Right.

Long story short, did arena, unbeatable because Manticore in the whopping 30 minutes of the fight refused to land more than twice. Dragon and megapithecus both died within 3 minutes, manticore was not even half health at the end. The pathing and landing mechanics really, really need fixing, badly. And  this was GAMMA.zTOV7nN.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is really well known for Manticore in every arena, doesn't matter if its SE or Rag (or here evidently).  Many people have lost squads, I've lost 2 squads personally...  Sorry for your loss.

And before someone chirps in with the "one real solution to make Manticore land every time guaranteed 100%," just don't bother.  Nothing works, if he's not gonna land, he just won't land.  If his flight/pathing AI works normally, he will land, and no amount of supposed voodoo-fixes or "I did this one single time and he landed so do that and it works" is really having an effect.

To make no mention of said voodoo-fixes that don't actually work, we always try to take a big amount of shotgun ammo and shotguns to the fight so we can trim off HP as the fight goes on, and if he is staying airborne and the fight gets to under 5 minutes, we cut him down to almost dead with them, and in the final minutes finish the deed if the situation calls for it.

1 minute ago, TheDonn said:

This is really well known for Manticore in every arena, doesn't matter if its SE or Rag (or here evidently).  Many people have lost squads, I've lost 2 squads personally...  Sorry for your loss.

And before someone chirps in with the "one real solution to make Manticore land every time guaranteed 100%," just don't bother.  Nothing works, if he's not gonna land, he just won't land.  If his flight/pathing AI works normally, he will land, and no amount of supposed voodoo-fixes or "I did this one single time and he landed so do that and it works" is really having an effect.

To make no mention of said voodoo-fixes that don't actually work, we always try to take a big amount of shotgun ammo and shotguns to the fight so we can trim off HP as the fight goes on, and if he is staying airborne and the fight gets to under 5 minutes, we cut him down to almost dead with them, and in the final minutes finish the deed if the situation calls for it.

Glad to hear it's at least an acknowledged problem. The only thing that seemed to even remotely help at all was wiggling our whole dino army from one end of the arena to the other continuously to bait him. Which is kind of difficult when you have 14 rexes with only two riders.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, not sure if this belongs in here or if i should have made a new post but out of 5 beta runs in the arena (i made a few test runs in single player before going in with my actual raid dinos.. knowing that this could happen.. stupid right?) the manticore got stuck 5 times, mid air, not attacking, not fighting back, only reachable with ranged weapons.

Anyone else experienced this?
Im kind of used to awkward flight patterns in SE and Ragnarok but this was new.

Only been in once and managed to beat it but think it tried to take off as the final hit went in as we only got 60 element, can't believe this issue is still in the game, at least farming the tribute is a bit easier than Ragnarok

On another issue, I tried to solo it Saturday morning to get the element we needed for the replicator, we'd had problems at green obi the previous night when we did the first run with dilos/raptors attacking us while setting up and the rexes on neutral getting pulled off the obi so had to put them all on passive, when I went to do my solo run on Saturday I'd cleared the area then got everything set up, sat on the yuti buffing everything while it was counting down then jumped off with about 5 seconds left, as it hit 0 a raptor jumped me, all the dinos teleported in leaving me on the obi wrestling with a raptor, several days work vanished into thin air, cue a 24 hour rage quit ?

If you put 1 rex in the middle of the arena and keep every other dino and player on the side by the terminal, manticore will 100% land on that one rex. It's just a pain to run back and forth, but this is the method we've used for months on alpha rag and have been using it for beta Valguero as well. Keep in mind this rex is very likely to fall asleep after the fight, so if you're doing multiple consecutive fights you'll need a replacement for him.

Manticore won't land if it has too many targets underneath it, nor if those targets are moving, it'll just constantly readjust. Kind of like when you try to land your wyvern over a group of your own Dino's.

We just use unridden Rexes, one yuty, and ridden rhinos for Valguero, haven't had any problems and we're at about 15 gammas and 4 betas. (On official)

On 7/16/2019 at 8:13 AM, Lycan187u said:

Use shotguns^^for manticore

I believe they did. It wasnt enough DPs to beat the timer. I was not there so I cant be sure.

Regardlesss, the AI needs to be changed so it will be on land long enough for non-flying tames to attack it.

But... after some searching, this has been an issue since 2017... My hope for a fix has died.

The Rhinos at a distance with a Bait Rex near the Manticore... this seems to be the do-able work-around, but it feels like this isn't the intended way to defeat the Val Boss Arena. It feels so awkward to me to have to do it this way.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/11/2019 at 9:46 PM, aflyingcougar said:

spent weeks getting ready to fight the alpha bosses on valguero only to lose because the manticore wouldn't land. Killed the megapithecus and dragon within 10 minutes. spent 20 minutes only getting a few seconds to attack the manticore before it just flies around.

You only get 22 minutes even on alpha.  You get more time on the Rag arena with 2 bosses than you do in the Valguero arena with 3 bosses. Let me let that sink in to the Devs.

This is ridiculous.  He gets bugged in the air where he just doesn't even seem to be targeting anything.  I have a tribe of 3 people, and even with max damage shotguns and 12 minutes on the clock to kill him, we can't, because he won't land. and 3 people just can't pump him full of enough ammo.

This means that even with hyper leveled boss rexes, it's a hard fight with a tight timer for any tribe less than 4, because hyper inflated boss rexes mean nothing if they can't actually hit manticore at all because he won't land.  

Manticore was designed with fliers in mind, but in 2 of the 3 arenas he's featured in, we cannot bring fliers and they won't fix his landing mechanics.

Still same issue since game release.Wildcard patched once its landing AI seems like not working.No idea about how they made succesfully landing AI for Dragon but not Manticore.

Boss run has no joke.Players loosing 1-2 weeks work of breeding just in seconds.Devs need to do sth about it.

Yes shooting it working but its expensive way to get element and not everyone has huge tribes and allies.

i have done the alpha many times on official i have not lost but a few tames to the alpha bosses.. tonight i decided to do the easy the bosses just for fun again i lost all my tames because of this stupid glitch it was completely stuck in the air with no way to bring it down i had no grapples and no flyers i sat there for 13 mins after killing the first two just running around trying to get it down nothing happened no matter what i did i lost all of my tames and all of my gear over this hours upon hours of hard work just gone because of this it did not land once it did not move the whole fight it was just staring at me whereever i went i shot it with all my shotgun shells i brought about 100 because i didnt think i needed any at all i have played ark for years now but this is my last straw i will not play this game again because of this 

We left our yuty unridden last night in Valguero beta so that we could DPS it with shotguns while on rhinos (5 rhinos). We lined the rhinos up in a circle around the yuty and the manticore seemed to land a lot on it. 

So I agree an unridden larger dino works wonders (at least the one time we tried it). Definitely worth giving it a go. Maybe use a tank rex or yuty if you have the HP. We also had a few  unridden deinonychus in there with us that we whistle attacked to the manticore.

3k rounds of ammo and we have about 1k left - that was running gamma and beta back to back. We did get the kill with the rhinos as well. 

• Volunteer Moderator
30 minutes ago, Reckless9000 said:

The Body of the Manticore when you do Kill it, instantly disappears on Valguero so no way to get Dermis.

Are you sure it isn't in any of your tames inventories? Element at least often goes straight into the tames inventory that killed it. I know on Rag the Manticore usually disappears straight away but the rewards are always there.

2 minutes ago, GP said:

Are you sure it isn't in any of your tames inventories? Element at least often goes straight into the tames inventory that killed it. I know on Rag the Manticore usually disappears straight away but the rewards are always there.

I'm positive. The second you kill the Manticore, He Disappears so you can not jump off and hit it with the Dermis tool to get the Dermis from it. We still get the Element and Wall mount in the Dino that last hit it.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, Reckless9000 said:

I'm positive. The second you kill the Manticore, He Disappears so you can not jump off and hit it with the Dermis tool to get the Dermis from it. We still get the Element and Wall mount in the Dino that last hit it.

Ah of course sorry I forgot what Dermis was. Yeah that's an issue then.

11 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

And then you wouldn't get its element. Bad trade. Lol

It’s an interesting theory. Since you’re killing it by hand, would the element go into your inventory? For Valguero, i think Manticore only gives you 25 element on gamma, so if the dermis trophy is more important than that, it’s worth the risk I think. 

On 8/29/2019 at 6:22 AM, GP said:

So, whichever boss you kill last will instantly disappear on death. Usually (but not always) this is Manticore, which is why if you shoot him in the air, you don't get the element. (Must be killed by a dino with gather enabled to get the element to transfer.)

Archived