Best Method To Clear Out Volcano Cave For Mining

Homith

Good Morning Everyone,

Just wanted to reach out to the community seeking the best method to clear out the Volcano cave of Magmasaur's. There seem to be approx. 20 of these beasts that keep respawning. I attempted to go down with a shotgun however that didn't end well :) Would love to hear how the pro's do it and mine all that lovely element crystal down there :)

Cheers & thanks in advance

5 hours ago, Homith said:

Good Morning Everyone,

Just wanted to reach out to the community seeking the best method to clear out the Volcano cave of Magmasaur's. There seem to be approx. 20 of these beasts that keep respawning. I attempted to go down with a shotgun however that didn't end well :) Would love to hear how the pro's do it and mine all that lovely element crystal down there :)

Cheers & thanks in advance

If you got yourself a adult breeded Magmasaur, just go down there and cleanse them with your fireball attack?

It may be worth mentioning that 2 Magmasaur will keep spawning regardless whether or not you are near their spawn (two pits). Simply clearing it won't be enough.

Going with a shotgun? Really terrible choice. Those creep's searing spit melts your armor like hot butter through knife.

Would advise a Magmasaur with decent health and melee, or for transfer purpose, a Reaper King or a Giga with decent damage to clear them up. Just be mindful not to get yourself killed by their fireball if you are using the latter 2.

Magmasaur's spit and swing destroys the crystal. If possible, either lure them far away from the crystal, or rush to them and quickly kill them before they get the chance to spit searing spit at you.

On 5/7/2020 at 3:01 PM, Markdh31788 said:

Lol wish that stuff worked on ps4 we’ve tried to clear them out before but the second one dies another spawns 

It will always keep respawning over time without needing to de-render in all platforms, meaning someone has to be actively dealing with them the moment they respawn while another mines.

2 hours ago, Vaculity said:

It will always keep respawning over time without needing to de-render in all platforms, meaning someone has to be actively dealing with them the moment they respawn while another mines.

Nah it’s instant on ps4 once 1 dies another appears if 2 die 2 appear kill them fast enough and you end up with a pile of them in the center 

Craft a MEK, easy wipe, also you are safe from volcano eruption while in the MEK

If you can't craft a MEK, then tame a high level rex, this will easily do the job aswell. Just watch out for the magmasaurs fireball, they can hit you while riding the rex. From hide and sink mission, you can easily get a 80+ armor saddle for your rex. 

Then have an ankylo in a cryopod and use it when it's clear. Takes no time. 

First off, no matter what advice anyone here gives you, 9 out of 10 times its going to be a situational thing, not a solid tactic to clear the cave and get down to the den for egg/element farming.   What you have to understand is, the lava golems are going to be moving around occasionally, and lately I've noticed more than usual in the volcano, so you have to keep that in mind at all times.  My general tips would be this:

1. Bring a bloodstalker (if you wanna try swinging by most everything) and/or a basilisk (the poison attack works well in clearing), 2 magmasaurs, and an anky.

2. When you enter the cave, turn your gamma up to 4 and watch for the oddly shaped rocks (lava golems).  Your task here is to avoid them and try to make your way down to the small stone rampway leading into the den, in most cases if you can get there without aggroing the golems you can start your clear of the magma pit.

3. Bring 2 friends, you'll find that the respawn rate on the den is fast, you'll end up having little to no time at all to actually clear it out, then get off the magma and onto the anky to farm the element.

4. load your Magmasaur up with plenty of ambergris, force feed it to the magmasaur when they start taking too much damage, it'll save you from having to raise another one that night.

5. Use your location to your advantage, if you sit on the high rocks near the rampway you can avoid being shot in the face with fireballs, you don't want to get hit by em. Strangely enough the wild dino damage will melt your face, but raised ones suck lol. 

6. Do not grab eggs unless you are prepared to fend off the onslaught of Magmasaurs that will attack, I never touch them until the clear is done, then and only then do I grab eggs if I have time or need more Basilisk taming eggs.

7. Keep your head on a swivel, Magmasaurs will creep up behind you along with golems, the minute you think your safe it usually ends in being dead.

Other than that, it's a coin toss, you could get lucky and clear the den out long enough to get the element, or you could end up losing your dinos, make sure you do everything you can to prepare for the attempt before you set foot inside the volcano.

rio has it right, remember ambergris and ingots for your magma. aiming your searing spit just under the magmas does a tonne more damage also you want all the small shrapnel from your spit to land to get your full damage potential. the initial blast from magma doesn't do a huge amount of damage but will light things on fire as will just being above 50% charge for your spit will light enemies around you on fire for a nice constant burn.

we have 2 tactics to go down in the lava pits.
If you are on official, dont bother mining there, they respawn to fast so you will not have a ''safe'' moment to farm.
If you want the red crystals they are outside the vulcano too and there is one safer pit when you enter.

Most dangerous but fastest:
- take a bloodstalker and jump in, loot, jump out.
If you have 2 people, one can lure the magmasaurs so it will be a little bit easier.

Safest but slow:
- we will bring about 5 x-rexes (nothing special in stats) and wistle them on aggresive. 
Let them go wild in the pits while you loot the eggs. The lava dont hurt them that much.
If you are on a magmasaur yourself you can stay there during the eruption. The rexes will not die from the eruption but you will if you are not on a magmasaur.

There are more ways to go in but it is a madhouse on official.
Just be ready to lose some tames when you are in there. If you only have one bloodstalker or only 5 rexes just dont try it.
Make sure you have a back-up.

Archived