How to modify things on a global scale?

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to modding in the Dev Kit and I have a few questions about some of the mods I'd like to make. I've seen about 30-40 ark tutorials at this point and none of them have given me much of a clue as to how to accomplish what I want.

1) First up, does any one know how I would go about making a mod that will allow me to globally and dynamically apply a multiplier to the durability damage amount of all equipment in the world, including mod items? Basically I just want to be able to either raise or lower how much durability is lost when an item is used (weapon) or hit (armor/saddle). Is there some way to script in something that will trigger this stat change when any equipment spawns into the world or maybe upon being equipped to a player/dino? I'd also like to ensure that it only hits each item once so that if the multiplier is set to 0.1 it won't keep lowering the durability damage to a tenth of what it was every time it is spawned or equipped.

2) Similar to the 1st question, is there a way to globally change the weight of all items in the world by using a multiplier? Taking it a step further is there a way to hit structures with a separate multiplier so that all items could be set to 0.1 of their vanilla weight while all structures would be set to 0.5 of their original weight? I'd like to do this dynamically to avoid remapping anything and to keep modding compatibility.

3) Is there a way to globally control the min and max levels of wild spawned dinos by having the mod look at blueprint path or dino name? I'd like to be able to pull off something like setting all rexes to spawn between level 120-150 on any map, raptors would only spawn at levels 50-75, etc. Again I'd like to avoid remapping dinos in order to keep mod compatibility which is why I'm wondering about using some kind of global script that looks at the name or blueprint path of dinos at spawn and either lowers their or raises their level depending on what level the game was originally thinking of making them.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived