qol Perform character backups daily with automatic restore.

kues

Suggestion

26 replies to this server topic

right, but the thing is we never keep the implant I always throw that on the ground but you know the boss for me are not really important I can do them again. I just need to get back my imprints on my dinos.  I will get back to lvl 105 very fast on extinction with red and purple drop if they can give me back my imprint.

(PvE) anti-character loss update

Add an option "replicate" character when character is transferring from a server. If option is not checked, then character will transfer as usual.

If option is checked, then original character is transferred as usual, but a copy of original character will remain. The copy is identical to original (ID, tekgrams, and ascensions) , other than its experience will be zeroed.

If an character is transferring into a server and a character with identical ID exists on server, then the tekgrams and ascension of the two character will complement (if one character has aberration ascension and the other has island ascension, then both character will have both ascensions). The character transferring in will remain in the cloud and transfer will be cancelled)

Why this might be a good idea: 
The servers are ridiculously unstable now and character loss is highly likely.

Even if the servers are stable, a character will eventually be lost if one transfers it, its only a matter of time.

With missions system introduced by genesis, players will lose a lot more from a character loss.

This eliminates the need for enforcers to recover tekgrams and imprint upon restoration (I believe they don't recover ascensions in official pve) making their job easier.

If enforcer response is slow, player without a tribe will not lose their base and dinos, since copy has the same tribe and imprint as original due to identical ID.

The following should happen:
# backup cron
1/ A daily cron should run which automatically backs up every character

# automatic restore cron
1/ A daily cron runs which checks for characters that have been lost
2/ Restores character automatically to last known official server if it doesn't exist.
3/ Automatically emails a survivor the character location and that a restore took place.

After losing my level 135 character on Official PVP SmallTribes due to the recent technical issues here. I tried to get it back by opening a ticket. As some of you may know, the customer support does not restore characters past level 105 and only restore few Tekgrams (Replicator, Generator, Transmitter, Teleporter, and Cloning Chamber) even if you can show a proof of your implant. 

A high level character is a lot of playtime, losing it is not something small for most players. Wildcard seems to not take that seriously and simply do not fully assist their customers who paid for their game in this situation even if it is because of technical issues. This is just not acceptable when they have the commands to restore a lost character:

DefeatBoss <Player ID> <Boss ID> <0 / 1 / 2>
GiveExpToPlayer <Player ID> <Amount> <Tribe Share> <Prevent Sharing With Tribe>

And the tools to check if your character was really lost (check connection to the official network with the lost character).

From my talk with GM Aytho, I learned that this is the policies they need to follow and that as customer support they can't change it. He suggested me to make a Game Suggestion here (see attached images).

So here it is, if you lost your character and are tired of this or are just worried to lose it, please upvote this suggestion. It's time for this to change and for us to get proper support.

Capture d’écran 2020-09-30 à 17.43.28.jpg

Capture d’écran 2020-09-30 à 18.41.06.jpg

11 hours ago, QcHsLeRocker said:

2hr ago, I lost my lvl 109 with 6000 hours spended and maybe 2000 imprinted dinos. Worst thing ever. I think I need a backup for my character, If you know a way to fix it let me know thanks. I tryed to contact the support but as I can read on the forum.. people say they never answered about that case so I dont know what to do next maybe I should call them 

I filled a ticket. Got an app with a GM in 11 days (ticket was submitted 6 days ago). They can recover your imprints and give you the level back, but you have to make a new character and the bosses if you were over lvl 105.

And you need to have a clear screenshot of your character level and implant as well.

Cloud Save of Character

Please try to implement a Cloud save of character on Official. Single character up-loadable with no equipment.

Storing XP Level distribution and Engram unlocks. Upload interval 1 week, download interval 1/Day(24H)  with some duping prevention.

This would save a lot of GM work and they can't restore fully developed characters like 135+ levels, all engrams unlock, chibi pet levels.

This would also save work on Guild ownership, Dino imprint.

I guess the amount of data would be the same data as upon transferring from 1 server to other.

Yes, it happened to me too, lost everything and it was not my fault. This brings a lot of frustration to a player, ranting about the slow support//broken game (high ticket volume) GM intervention schedule is longer then 1 month.

If you plan on doing any QoL improvements, this would be the the one great thing.

Thank you for your time to read this.

not sure what you mean by beyond their capability, but if server scripts and databases are beyond their capability, how the hell did they design a game with cross server transfers to begin with?

since character data creation, copying, deleting is already part of the automated cross-ark system, i'm inclined to think you don't know what you're talking about

Character Automated Back ups

All a character is can be stored as a single line of information. WC needs to put into place a once a 24 hour character back up system along an automated restore option  managed from the website. 

Character loss represents too much of a loss and too much a burden on customer service reps to be ignored. 

Please upvote

Option to Manually Backup Your Character

Maybe with a limit of once per week. So, worst case scenario, you'll lose a few dinos in your inventory and a few levels. But you'd get your character back.

So:
1) Backup available once a week. Manual. (If you don't back it and you get your 4 week's ago character, it's on you)
2) Naked backup. No items or dinos. (To avoid duping).
3) Obelisk option.
4) Tribe information, Implant, Bosses and Imprints should be backed up too.

2hr ago, I lost my lvl 109 with 6000 hours spended and maybe 2000 imprinted dinos. Worst thing ever. I think I need a backup for my character, If you know a way to fix it let me know thanks. I tryed to contact the support but as I can read on the forum.. people say they never answered about that case so I dont know what to do next maybe I should call them 

Character backups for transfers

I play console and people losing characters from transfer isn’t super common but it does happen. I was thinking maybe we could create and object or maybe make a character backup option in transmitters or obs to create a character back up incase our character is lost on transfer. That way we can recover our character if it’s lost, and not have to lose all the Tek engrams and imprints. If it could be put it in place so that people can access it themselves it could reduce volume of tickets as well. I feel like most of the player base would be pretty happy to hear about a system being put in place. Quite often character loss is a dealbreaker for playing the game, this could help maintain player count as well, keeping more active servers.

13 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

It's mostly software and coding that would need to be created, tested and properly implemented, not just a couple servers to work some magic.

yep. i'm aware of that. but the man hours spent doing that once, to prevent needing all the staff handling the issue on a full time basis, is still worth the effort/expense

15 hours ago, Xandarel said:

looks like still no changes?

Still no changes. I lost my char with the error 007 lastnight. 12/10/2020 nothing solved and IDK why WC do nothing with this, this will take they couple of weeks to code some algorithm to fix this, IDK WHY STILL WITHOUT FIX. I lost my char after some hours of run succefully MC alpha on official pve sv and have 5 bases all mines.

Archived