Building System Rework

Xandarel

Suggestion

Building System Rework

Im Pretty Sure its an Outdated Thematic but i will try my Best and lost again any Hope that something in there will be done -.-

This is just an List of Stuff what im Learned and Experienced of the Hardway in all my Hours in this Game.

- Im am Pretty mutch miss Inverted Slopy Wall  Same for Roofs
- I am Miss Invertes Roof Edges
- Why there are still no Real Windows Parts? I mean Greenhouse right but this isnt any Solution then the Snappoints are really bad and Floating more higher then the normal Walls
- Missing Direktion Indicator, its still missing since AE ...
- Snappoints need an huge overhall there are to many in some kind, when i want to Place an Wall of an outer Foundation or Ceiling ok there is one. But in the Time when u start Mixing the Structures Metal / Stone / Greenhouse , and go Deeper in the Base also on Field u have more then 2 even to the Sides and Height! Whats made many Problems in getting the Shelter Buff.
- Also Please made one Snappoint for Walls and when we Press " E " so it Only Switch the Side and not gain an new Snappoint.
- Pillars , rly how hard could it be to made them Snap under the Ceiling ? Since AE still no changes, and when we use the Snap Trick u Gain badly more Snappoints in the Height -> wwhat most Result in 4 or more Snappoints for Walls.
- Please Fix the Windows everybody can crouch and Enter the Base, how could this small Hole to be use as an Door, also why we need Doors when we can use this?^^
- For the God and Sake PLEASE give us Stack able Foundations whit an little NO Collision Space / and or an Little Stretch able to that there allways Fit the Ground.

*Under Construction* Maybe u Guys out there can add some Ideas more , Its to late today for me to Continue ^^
and English is not my Native Language but i Try my best.
Thx for Reading.

2 replies to this server topic

I am a firm believer that the building portion of the game, while it works as is, certainly needs could use some TLC as you have suggested.

Snap Points: They are crazy wonky. The showcase when you go to put something down, but then half the time the snap to the wrong point, rotate on you during placement to face the wrong way, or they don't exist when they should. Ceilings and such not snapping to foundations flush but with a lip. There is so much wrong with them. 

Building Items: Not to go into too much detail, but we are missing several pieces. Roof Corners, Larger Pillars, Larger Foundations, Larger Ceilings, Larger Wall Segments, Bridges, Ceiling tiles vs Ceiling floors (visual difference), Wider Dino Gates (removing the need for the excessively tall behemoth with something that is just a bit wider), stack-able foundations etc.. So many little thing that if added could add to the creativity of a build, some could cut back on the lag created, and others would just replace the use of others such as having larger wall segments you could build a perimeter wall with as opposed to several small walls on foundations/fence foundations or gateways. 

Building Types: When was the last time a new building tier has been added? Scorched Earth. How many DLC maps have come out since then? 3. How long before we get something new to build with? (and I do not include mods in this statement. They are great, and many look amazing, but they are not accessible by everyone). At the very least, even if the rest isn't added, how about some of the items from Primitive Plus? Lumber would be awesome to have with the main game, same with the brick building. 

Building Decor: Here, have a chair, a bench, and a table. They look great with the wood and stone building pieces.... Apparently by the time you move up to metal and tek though, you aren't supposed to decorate.... or sit....? Sure there are a few things that fit well, perhaps a rug or some flags - but not much else. It would be nice if they had upgraded versions of the few decorations we have and that we would be able to keep those found during holiday events. If you do the work to find the Christmas lights, shouldn't we be able to keep the lights? I know I have stopped hunting them since we cannot continually use them. I would rather box them up like normal Christmas decor then to have the vanish on me. 

Building Item Progression: This is a big one, and I will only give a few examples. Basically though, I am referring to how some item exist.... but they never progress.

• Preserving Bin - The refrigerator is an upgrade to the preserving bin in that it extends the life of items, but not for the "smoking" qualities of the bin to make jerky. 
  • Bookcase - It would be nice to have 1 or 2 upgrades. Perhaps one that looks better and holds more and another that better fits in with the metal and tek level items
  • Storage Case - Storage bin, Storage box, Vault, Dedicated storage.... Is it just me or doesn't it seem that a few steps were missed? Perhaps a level between box and Vault? Or perhaps a box that can act as a dedicated storage with far more limited storage capacity but which has the same images? 
  • Beds - Sleeping bag, Simple Bed, Bunk Beds, Tek Beds - Again it seems we are missing something. Whatever happened to a double, queen, or king sized bed? Historically wouldn't it be more accurate to have something larger and nice as opposed to jumping to metal bunk beds? Not that they are horrible, they are great when building a dormitory or something, but visually not fitting. 
  • Campfire - Primitive Plus did it best, with a few different sizes in campfire giving you more options to play and use while on the go depending on what you had available. In the standard version we go from campfire to industrial grill and cooking pot to industrial cooker awfully fast with nothing in between to bridge the progression of items. 
  • Lights - Can we get a few more options? Lamps? 
  • Power - Wind and Gasoline. Where is Solar? Hydroponic? Both could be added just as easily as wind and give players an alternative fuel source to utilize depending on where they have built. 
  • Fireplace - It is nice to have one, but it would be nicer to have a smaller and larger version to play with. It can look a little silly to have a room filled with them just to keep warm. 
  • Air Conditioners - We only have the one, shouldn't there an upgraded version? perhaps not an industrial version but at the very least, a tek version? 

That said, I could go on and on about how the building aspects of the game could use a little tweaking. And I would be ecstatic if even some of it was realized. And quite honestly, this list only scratches the surface. I didn't even include the re-organization of the engram menu, the other items from Primitive Plus that could be added, the item selection adjustments to simplify the building process, or the massive list of larger building segments I would love to see included to help cut back on lag for larger bases. 

Yes, the building process itself needs some TLC. Hopefully we someday get some. 

Archived