Buff Allos

TheDandy

Suggestion

Buff Allos

Leave pack minimum requirement at 2, set max at 4, add damage resistance buff to non alpha allos, increase base damage to 42 from 35, decrease stamina drain, change drag weight, no longer able to be grabbed by wyvern, plant z no longer effects it, make the roar do literally anything... Here just watch these videos.

15 replies to this server topic

On 5/1/2020 at 6:50 PM, TheDandy said:

Carno needs TLC rather than a buff. If you watched the videos, I explain that a carno is an early game tame and an Allo is a mid late game tame. Allos should not just be a reskinned carno that can bleed things when you have a bunch. I can just go get deinonychus to bleed.

You realise allos have higher hp gain per point...plus lethal alpha bonuses right?  Dunno I'd love knockback reduced and a functionality to the roar....but as is my allos can handle anything I throw then at

Allos are awesome. Don't know what you're talking about. You can even fight the overseer if you have really good ones. Carnos are the ones who need some work.

Edit: And what's going on with those graphics in the videos? I play on a laptop, not even close to a gaming PC, and it looks better. Those creatures look like they're made of clay.

On 6/24/2020 at 10:06 PM, TheDandy said:

My man, I don't think you get it. Allos got nerfed after legacy because they were hard to counter. With so many changes to the game, they're incredibly easy to counter now. Before, you could not have just picked up a pack Allo, you had to kill it. And my god, without the pack it's just a faster carno with sightly better HP. Happy? It can't bleed without pack buff and has literally the same base damage as a carno... Meaning that the pack allos are still kinda trash. I don't know why anyone would use allos for boss fights unless they can't tame rexes for god knows what reason

if you are stupid enough to charge a base with allos leading the column then yeah, you are just poop at pvp

You are saying allos are poop because the betas arent as strong as the alphas.....think about that for a sec.   And again, your argument about being able to pick up allos to seperate them fron the pack......read the previous sentence.    

And no I can tame rexes just fine.   I started running allos because they were easy to raise and had an incredibly forgiving imprint timer, as with my schedule spending 4 days every 8 hours to print a rex was not feasible.   

On 6/22/2020 at 10:47 AM, TheDandy said:

It's a reskinned carno.

No it's not. If you honestly think Carnos can hold a candle to Allos, you've been getting Allos whose wild levels all went into speed. Allo will always outperform Carnos, the only thing their missing is knockback(Which is really weird, seeming as most creatures have a decent degree of knockback on their attacks). 

Plus, the scenario you described probably wouldn't have gone differently with any dino other than a Giga or Managarmr. Allos aren't quite as physically strong as the Giga, Spino, Rex, or Yuty(Carnivores in the same weight class) but are the only one of those creatures that has percentage damage, making them ideal as tank killers, especially in larger packs. The only buffs Allos need is a boost to their knockback and the ability to bleed bosses(For a heavily reduced amount) to push out the Deinonychus a little. If that's not enough, add a little damage resistance to beta pack members(Honestly don't think it's needed though). 

5 hours ago, TheDandy said:

That's weird because in PvP when I use allos I just get hit with plant Z for 10 minutes until a quetz comes to grab it for 3 Gigas to munch on... Oh and that's the pack Allo, not the alpha, so it becomes useless. It's a reskinned carno. 

A reskinned carno? What about the bleed, higher speed, better stats, etc. Look on Youtube, and you'll find plenty of videos of people using them to fight bosses. I wouldn't be caught dead taking a carno anywhere near a boss arena. This sounds like the enemy had a plan to defeat the pack and it worked. That can happen to most dino. A plant species Z, a quetzal, and three gigas could kill a lot of stuff. Including deinochuys. If they have three gigas, sound like you need some tamed gigas of your own before raiding them. 

On 6/11/2020 at 8:04 AM, TheDandy said:

Maybe in PvE

No the stats dont change switching between PVE and PVP.  Allos will always have a higher HP pool than carnos, will always get alpha bonus' in a pack.   I know of several people who use them successfully in base defense for their ability to bleed out soakers and being incredibly easy breed and replace

My man, I don't think you get it. Allos got nerfed after legacy because they were hard to counter. With so many changes to the game, they're incredibly easy to counter now. Before, you could not have just picked up a pack Allo, you had to kill it. And my god, without the pack it's just a faster carno with sightly better HP. Happy? It can't bleed without pack buff and has literally the same base damage as a carno... Meaning that the pack allos are still kinda trash. I don't know why anyone would use allos for boss fights unless they can't tame rexes for god knows what reason

Archived