Friends losing many chars in the last hours

arkark

Friends losing many chars in the last hours

After the last patch some friends (PC Steam, Official network) lost their chars while changing servers in some non-common ways (not the classic server crash right after  joining a server), with the transfer suddenly stopping after some unresponsive behaviour.

They all had in common that they had a large number of Genesis missions completed. Thinking out of the box I could imagine some kind of overflow during the transfer process, leading it to fail and character deletion/dissapear.

Idk if devs would read this, or even they are aware cause this guys sent tickets I think, but if u have chars with all tek, ascensions, and lot of mission, I think its not the right moment to transfer them.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We ran a ALPHA Controller boss today and finished it at the end did the cut scene and came back as level one since island tek cave came around still not fixed   … its a joke so we  spawned back as level 1 then we logged of like you usually do came to find 9 characters when I hosted a boss fight all erased from a boss fight ???? really ….. This anti mesh tool has messed everything something needs to be done . same here 168/176 Missions just gone and a 154 character along with that something needs to happen or your gonna lose a big community . This happened on Genesis Official 643 made a ticket now to wait for a reply . 

Since many people lost characters today after boss fight on 643 genesis a roll back could help. Some of us had level 155 characters with over 160 missions on genesis and not to count the usual dino imprints that ware lost. The amount of time its just ridiculous not to be done anything about. I hope they reconsider. I'm sure there are may other people on other servers with the same problem. This kind of boss "ascension" should never happen. End game boss or just fail end game ...

20 minutes ago, BobbyNator said:

We ran a ALPHA Controller boss today and finished it at the end did the cut scene and came back as level one since island tek cave came around still not fixed   … its a joke so we  spawned back as level 1 then we logged of like you usually do came to find 9 characters when I hosted a boss fight all erased from a boss fight ???? really ….. This anti mesh tool has messed everything something needs to be done . same here 168/176 Missions just gone and a 154 character along with that something needs to happen or your gonna lose a big community . This happened on Genesis Official 643 made a ticket now to wait for a reply . 

Yeah one of my friends had this lvl 1 new char error. Changed server from transmitter. The game crashed during map load so he joined the server, selected his char from the Download Button and was stuck in this screen for one or two minutes:

aaa.png

Then when the map loaded he appeared as a "Survivor" lvl 1 and his char with all tek and ascensions unlocked and lot of missions done vanished.

9 of 10 People on Boss-Fight lost their Main character on Genesis and thats just the Character we lost today.

We're in a Stage in the game where a new Character without getting imprints, Tek-Engrams, Chibi-Levels and Ascensions restored is just inacceptable. So a rollback on these servers is the only way. And even if its impossible to restore a character, which i highly doubt, it is unacceptable that most player only get a level boost to 105 on their new character, while other get back everything including imprints, engrams, ascensions and their previous level.

But you dont even get an reaction from @complexminded , dollie or any other person in charge, on anything anymore. 

29 minutes ago, Mucheng said:

9 of 10 People on Boss-Fight lost their Main character on Genesis and thats just the Character we lost today.

We're in a Stage in the game where a new Character without getting imprints, Tek-Engrams, Chibi-Levels and Ascensions restored is just inacceptable. So a rollback on these servers is the only way. And even if its impossible to restore a character, which i highly doubt, it is unacceptable that most player only get a level boost to 105 on their new character, while other get back everything including imprints, engrams, ascensions and their previous level.

But you dont even get an reaction from @complexminded , dollie or any other person in charge, on anything anymore. 

Well they usually wont respond while being flooded with a major issue like this until they find out the cause. 

If you try to tag them a little kinder they might reply!

@complexminded @Jen @Cedric  or try some of the newer guys: @WildcardJaeger @WildcardLelantos

Or even tag a forum mod to forward the issue: @GP even though I'm sure they're aware of it. I heard Jat is around helping with ARK server loads, @Jatheish

• Administrator

We're preparing to roll out an urgent fix for character loss related to Ascension completion today. In the interim, I advise players hold off on doing Ascension until the deployment. 

Unfortunately, a rollback will not recover lost character data. If you were affected, please contact our GM's via Support for a character replacement.

18 minutes ago, Dollie said:

We're preparing to roll out an urgent fix for character loss related to Ascension completion today. In the interim, I advise players hold off on doing Ascension until the deployment. 

Unfortunately, a rollback will not recover lost character data. If you were affected, please contact our GM's via Support for a character replacement.

I also lost my character. I submitted a ticket already, and just found this thread. I had every boss (besides master controller who i had beta), and 91 missions. When we did it someone else mentioned they lost there character, and he also has a lot of missions. 

Please tell me they are not going to give us some poopty replacement character without engrims to replace our characters we have been working on for countless hours. I want MY character back, and it is TOTALLY unfair that i could lose my character because of a bug like this just because i did a lot of missions on the new server. I should NOT have to do every boss again.

Also give us our ascension! I ended up doing it on a crafter alt after losing my character along with everything in upload. I am more then happy for you to remove that from my crappy alt and give it to my actual character, but i am sure most probably just rage quit after losing everything.

18 minutes ago, Dollie said:

GMs won't restore boss fights or missions so what's the point in contacting support?

so many people lost their characters... surely it would be worth rolling the server back for all the lost characters, compared to some ingame progress in that time.. 

trying to contact support is just not worth it.. there is weeks and sometimes months of waiting just to get a couple lvls.. not even engrams... this is ridiculous

i lost my character i had all ascensions and beta controller with 138 missions completely sucks i transferred to another server and soon as i spawned my character got stuck in a downloading character screen and then eventually i had to alt f4 out and my character was gone if this is happening to multiple people the devs should sort it fast its not right people invest so much time to get these characters!

15 minutes ago, EbxInsidious said:

Same, I transfered from an Island to a Genesis server and lost character in transit its definitely not just Ascensions that are causing this

Like OP we were doing Ascension, but its not like i was actually doing it yet. I was just in the process of the transfer from Genesis to a Island that was ABOUT to do Ascension. I am not sure how Ascension has anything to do with it since we had not actually opened the door.

1. Uploaded my items to do ascension
2. opened transmitter to transfer to official island
3. Hit transfer on my character and saw something called login lock. I have never seen this before today, and it kicked me to the log in screen.
4. waited 5 minutes
5. Logged in official island and saw the downloading character screen
6. Sat and waited 5 minutes while game just sat on downloading character screen. I googled it and people said they had to restart there game
7. Restarted Ark and went to log in Island again. No character found, and no character in upload. Also no character on Genesis either.

Archived