Friends losing many chars in the last hours

arkark

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
19 minutes ago, TraXz said:

Don't make tickets. Contact them on twitter, it's the only place they respond

The only thing they will answer him on twitter is to submit a ticket as character restoration is done through tickets.

47 minutes ago, Adamdenterkin said:

4 days now without a ticket response. Should i just post this every day until they respond? 

Spamming the forums, or anywhere else for that matter won't help. Tickets are processed in order they were submitted so just be patient and your turn will comes.

So here is what you get as response after a few days and its not that what it should on a fail where Iam not guilty:

Greetings Survivor,

Thank you for contacting Studio Wildcard Customer Support. I am Wildcard GM XY.

We are really sorry to hear that you had the misfortune of losing a survivor. Unfortunately, we are unable to get back your original character. However, we are able to give your character some exp to get you back on par with your lost character. We are also able to help with tribe ownership and imprint transfers if needed! If you have screenshots of your lost character's specimen implant info (full screen), please send them over to us for review.

Please provide us with the following:

1. Your previous character LVL

2. Your FULL tribe name

3. Do you need Imprint Transfers? (yes/no)

4. Do you need ownership restoration? (yes/no)

Things to know about character restorations:

What we CANNOT help with:

·         Ascending players

·         Restoring items, blueprints, element

·         Bringing your original survivor back to life

In regards to Tek Engrams & levels past 105:

·         You MUST provide us with screenshots of your old character's implant info showing the bosses that you have beaten (full screen, uncropped)

·         We are not able to ascend characters, but with approved screenshots we will be able to assist with the exp needed to get you back to your old level (NOTE: the character receiving the exp MUST have already done the bosses and ascended)

·         We cannot restore over LVL 135

·         With approved screenshots, the Tek Engrams that we are able to restore consist of the Replicator, Generator, Transmitter, Teleporter, and Cloning Chamber

In regards to Imprint Transfers:

·         Please take all dinos OUT of cryos in preparation for the transfer. Dinos that are inside of cryos will NOT be affected by the transfer

·         If you have baby dinos, please make sure you have enough food in your baby's inventory after you take them out of cryos. We are NOT responsible for baby deaths due to starvation.

In regards to Tribe Ownership Restoration

·         Please send us a screenshot of your tribe log (full screen) showing that your old character was the owner. Plus the coordinates of your tribe base

·         A tribal vote will be held. Please have 3-4 admins online during the appointment

·         Note: this does not guarantee the tribe restoration. We will need to submit the ticket over for approval.

How does the appointment work? (this will answer most of your questions and save time to get you the quickest appointment available):

·         Please let me know if this is something you would be interested in doing and I will provide you with a link for scheduling.

·         For the appointment, you will log into the server that you provide to us. (If you would like to change servers, please let us know ahead of time).

·         If you have not created a new survivor for that server yet, you will do so before the appointment. At the time of the appointment, we will join your server and if you are on that server with your new survivor, we will teleport to your location in game.

·         We will then grant you a set amount of lost experience on top of what you have already earned with your new survivor.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and we look forward to hearing back from you!

Sincerely,

GM XY
Studio Wildcard

and also mentioned by other players:

P.S. these are simple in logics, have little need for extra work and little room for mistakes. 

I wonder why no action has been taken about this issue yet...… unless having characters lost or trapped in a malfunctional server is an intended design? if so, I wonder who made this decision.

On 5/2/2020 at 5:17 AM, MostSpy said:

Upvote if u want this!

Um...… I start to think posting here is useless. Does anyone know who make all the decisions for this game?

As far as I know they are not working on character loss, and the servers are still more unstable than they had ever been in the last 3 years. There is no up coming DLC or events...…… Anyone know what (or, if)are they working on now?

16 minutes ago, nameless said:

I guess other people in this topic either rage quit or gave up......

Your guessing is right, sadly. Most of the ppl I know that lost the char in this incident have quit or are just logging on to maintain their bases. I hope they change their mind, but at the same time I understand its not only they have to do the effort of doing old bosses and ascensions again (that really, if you know the right people you can rush in a day or two), it is the crazy number of mission that need to be done again.

I really hope wildcard learn from this that this kind of stuff needs to be permanently saved and resilent against character lost. Even if its at the cost of being globally shared across all the chars one player can have in an steam account, I think that is preferable before having to repeat all of this work.

How to fix this now? Nerf number of missions required for alpha boss, so if this happen again, at least the player can redo alone most of the work, if not all.

7 hours ago, arkark said:

Your guessing is right, sadly. Most of the ppl I know that lost the char in this incident have quit or are just logging on to maintain their bases. I hope they change their mind, but at the same time I understand its not only they have to do the effort of doing old bosses and ascensions again (that really, if you know the right people you can rush in a day or two), it is the crazy number of mission that need to be done again.

I really hope wildcard learn from this that this kind of stuff needs to be permanently saved and resilent against character lost. Even if its at the cost of being globally shared across all the chars one player can have in an steam account, I think that is preferable before having to repeat all of this work.

How to fix this now? Nerf number of missions required for alpha boss, so if this happen again, at least the player can redo alone most of the work, if not all.

Indeed...….. when I started in the official server I saw many base with tons of creatures and wondered why the owner never came back. Now I see that each empty base is a heart broken player.

@complexminded @Jen @Cedric @WildcardJaeger @WildcardLelantos

@Jatheish @Dollie 

For anyone who knows... is there any reason that mission/ ascensions/tekgrams/ imprints are not shared across characters belonging to a single account in the same cluster?
Is it balance? technical reasons? or some other reasons we as players never considered?

• 1 month later...
On 5/15/2020 at 11:00 PM, nameless said:

this is another topic that ended with no end..... I guess

Well its been a month since your post.

My Appointment to have my lost 130 character "replaced" with a 105 (because nobody told me i was supposed to have a picture of my implant saved) is in 3 days.

At this point its been almost 2 months so in that time i have leveled up again from level 1, and gotten every Tekgram, and not even on the same server my Appointment is on. The only reason i don't just cancel is because i have Gigas id like to transfer my old imprint on.

The entire "we will replace your character" is BS because anyone who loses a character and told to wait 2 months even if they had a picture of there implant would have quit, or just leveled up again. 

So yeah the topic ended with no end.

Archived