Friends losing many chars in the last hours

arkark

21 minutes ago, Vactor0fficial said:

Rollback the servers like you have done before, this is the only way to fix this, before you kill the whole official clusters 

Problem is if they rollback more than the usual 15mins after a crash then all the people who were taming / raising babies / had eggs on incubators, etc, etc will shout even louder there shouldn't have been a rollback.

It really irritates me though that unofficials can restore characters but WC can't. Surely keeping backups and automating auto-restore if a character is lost (even if this only happened on restarts) would save so much GM time and player unhappiness it would be worth investing in the dev time to make it happen.

Also @Dollie, if you are advising players not to ascend while this problem exists then there should be an in-game announcement or at least it should be on the opening menu, it would save a lot of unhappiness, most people aren't aware of this issue.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so many people lost their characters... surely it would be worth rolling the server back for all the lost characters, compared to some ingame progress in that time.. 

trying to contact support is just not worth it.. there is weeks and sometimes months of waiting just to get a couple lvls.. not even engrams... this is ridiculous

4 minutes ago, Niki33311 said:

so many people lost their characters... surely it would be worth rolling the server back for all the lost characters, compared to some ingame progress in that time.. 

trying to contact support is just not worth it.. there is weeks and sometimes months of waiting just to get a couple lvls.. not even engrams... this is ridiculous

They messed this up. They need to properly fix this.

Any person with enough missions complete doesn't care about a free level 100 character. We can get levels, but grinding so many missions is not easy, and its not like we are running Master controller any time soon SINCE THE TWO PEOPLE WHO COULD START IT IN OUR TRIBE HAVE NO CHARACTERS!@#$@$

This is rollback worthy....

1 minute ago, Niki33311 said:

surely it is more important to get people their characters back, which they were playing with for years probably than couple eggs or farm runs that can be done in another day again! dont you think?

Agreed, I'm sure many people have hundreds of tames that are imprinted to them, own tribes, have every engram unlocked, etc. It's going to take forever to get that back, when most of the time this happens the GMs just say tough luck and you get a 105 character with 1 boss fight

1 hour ago, Dollie said:

Unfortunately, a rollback will not recover lost character data. If you were affected, please contact our GM's via Support for a character replacement.

@Dollie Thats not true. If you rollback the whole server to an an earlier date, lets say 15 hours ago. Every Character that was on the Server that time, would be "restored".

Oh yeah and contact GM's via support? Sure, lets wait 1-2 days to get a date where an GM "may" come to the server and give us an level 105 Char. We can do that ourself in less than an hour by killing baby giga.

And most GM will ask for a screenshot of the implant, but sry i dont think all player are that narcissistic that they do screenshots of their chars all the time, its not our job either.

Its easy to restore all Tek-Engram too.

4 hours ago, b0ender said:

not true. rollback will indeed bring characters back

Actually rollback wont bring back the characters unless it was done before next server save happened. You transfer off the server and your character will immediately removed from server and wont be saved on next server save. There is only 1 or 2 previous saves atchived until they are overwritten. Par the weekly or bi-weekly server save backup and before patches.

3 hours ago, Mucheng said:

@Dollie Thats not true. If you rollback the whole server to an an earlier date, lets say 15 hours ago. Every Character that was on the Server that time, would be "restored".

Not that simple. There would be other characters lost in rollback that were not on the server during save where servers would be rolled back. And that has happened before. They would have to do it manually to each server separately. And i dont think those characters lost are any less important than the lost characters now. So its lost characters either way.

Granted there needs to be better character save system than just the server save. We would need separate data server for characters but not sure if the current server cluster system plus cloud can do it without heavy modifications.

So if I read these posts right, its not possible to restore characters in a game who imprints, engrams, achievements and so on are important, because the don't save this data? I work for a software development company and every software has issues, but thats a major fail. But hey, what do I know?

There a good and bad days in this game, now the second leads.

Also play on 643. I have thankfully not lost my char.

I really doubt that they will rollback the servers, but would be 100% ok with them doing it to help ppl that lost their char.   If people are forced to do missions+boss fights etc. over again I fear that the server community will just be destroyed. I don't think people have enough patience left.

The only way they can make people happy if they Don't want to rollback servers , is next big patch roll a breeding event so players can raise the loss tames they had / give something back to the community that we lost from this ascension problem. 4x Breeding event across Official Cause right now the way I feel about all this stupidness with ascensions I wanna leave ark  . cause its stupid you spend your time hard grinding 168 /176 Missions and for what ? to lose it on ascension of all the ways you can lose why didn't a alert go out on forums about this surely someone knew or had reports of it happening . @Dollie

Sounds like a joke but they really are not doing any backups of player db

Just go reponse related to loosing my 133 lvl char due to rollback:

"We are really sorry to hear that you had the misfortune of losing a survivor. Unfortunately, we are unable to get back your original character. However, we are able to give your character some exp to get you back on par with your lost character. We are also able to help with tribe ownership and imprint transfers if needed! If you have screenshots of your lost character's specimen implant info (full screen), please send them over to us for review."

@mogrotthey won't do anything since they will say ''Oh, sadly there is no admin command to ascend players'' 

It's not allowed to have a duped character but they don't have anything to help you if you lose your character. They can't restore your char, they can't ascend your char and they only give you SOME engrams IF you had pictures of your lost character. You otherwise get an useless lvl 105 character that you could have leveled with 1 purple drop on extinction...

At the moment you also have you wait 3-7 weeks to get any help from the GM's, why even bother reporting it anymore....Just give everyone a duped main character OR program an admin command to ascend players...

I am sitting here two days later after losing my level 130 character with 91 missions, and alpha kills from every boss other then master controller which i had beta. I have no easy way to get beta master controller again since the person who could start it also lost his character due to this bug.

I have not even made a new character at this point because i am so upset over this, and it is honestly hard to even play Ark when the game does something like this to you because of a known bug, and all anyone tells you is that if i am lucky i might get a level 105 character to replace all the hard work i put in. I can get most of the boss kills again, but the idea of grinding all those quests again is depressing to the point i don't want to play Ark.

All this and i have not even got a response to my ticket after two days.

22 hours ago, Fukushu said:

@mogrotthey won't do anything since they will say ''Oh, sadly there is no admin command to ascend players'' 

It's not allowed to have a duped character but they don't have anything to help you if you lose your character. They can't restore your char, they can't ascend your char and they only give you SOME engrams IF you had pictures of your lost character. You otherwise get an useless lvl 105 character that you could have leveled with 1 purple drop on extinction...

At the moment you also have you wait 3-7 weeks to get any help from the GM's, why even bother reporting it anymore....Just give everyone a duped main character OR program an admin command to ascend players...

Funny thing is, there are admin commands to ascend players... I just don't understand how wildcard still cannot have proper character backup in place so a GM can restore it. @Dollie allow us to save our characters so that when we lose it(with ark it is WHEN and not IF) a GM can just restore that saved character. And before you say that this is not possible, I can show you multiple methods how it is possible based on character duping and the old server saves that can be downloaded.

I do get the frustration over losing a character and it's totally not acceptable that they don't have back-ups for this or can't restore it. But saying they should do roll backs on all servers it has happened is a very stupid statement. Why would you punish 95 % of players progress over the last couple of days because a few players got unlucky? You don't think this would cause even more hate? 

Anyways, does anyone know if it's safe to transfer between servers or is this part still messed up aswell ?

On 5/3/2020 at 3:20 PM, Homith said:

Has anyone had their character replaced yet? What was the result?

I have not even gotten a response to my ticket yet let alone a replaced character. You would think massive amounts of people losing characters would force them to at least let us know what to expect.

By the time i get a response i will have had to farm bosses and missions again on a brand new character. At that point they might as well give everyone a second character so at least when this crap happens again we have a backup. 

At this point xfering servers is like playing the lottery.

Archived