best method to mass breed magmasaurs

Giorgino87

best method to mass breed magmasaurs

The fact that they only breed in lava is a big factor that slows down mass production. What is the ebst way to circumvent this?

Askign for PVE-like environment options

I was thinking of building a breeding pen next to a lava pit, with beds. I could leave there all breed magmasaurs, afst move there and make a collection of eggs every time they can mate (once per day on 3x). Pen could be even of stone maybe?

Another option was to leave all magma open in base, and build a tek generator+tp next to a lava pit. THis would also allow me to breed them every day. Now, the problem is that magmasaurs in volcano biome can destroy tek, right? what about eruptions? If stone buiilding pen gets damaged it's not a problem, but I'd like to avoid to lose tek stuff, or even worse magmasaurs to be killed 

tbh, Volcano eruption are the least of your worries if you have positioned your building well enough to avoid the magma rocks from landing on that area.

Magmasaur will pick a fight with almost anything, even buildings, and doesn't help either since it can destroy everything.

Don't bother building a breeding pen. Its a waste of time and resource. Best you have a building nearby instead, preferably far away from the other magmasaur you want to breed with, and have several creatures or magmas on neutral  following one passive magmasaur to guard any magmasaur you plan to breed with.

21 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

There are pools you can build over that are out of the range of the eruptions.  You just lay them out over catwalks over the lava in rows, leave a middle walkway for the stud to walk up and down.

i tried to build using ceilings and pilalrs, and when I was putting on them it was saying requires lava to breed... :(

8 hours ago, Giorgino87 said:

i tried to build using ceilings and pilalrs, and when I was putting on them it was saying requires lava to breed... :(

They have to be touching the lava to breed. And if it still shows that even after putting them on a lava, move them around till you see the "Enable blah blah blah" on the female.

Archived