performance minimal structure and un-cryo'd tame servers

hugozilla

Suggestion

minimal structure and un-cryo'd tame servers

New Server type with a maximum tribe limit of 30 uncryo'd tames,  800 structures [foundations, wall, doors, etc...] and limited to 20 tribes with structures. 

I could be wrong but its been my observation that PVE servers have been almost unplayable because of huge bases and crazy amounts of tames. PVP servers do not have the same issues with over population of tames and huge bases filling up a map as they self police themselves from the gluttony.   This excessive clutter leads to lag, DC's and crashes.  When I first started playing ARK there were many times when the server would be full and you had to wait for someone to log out so you could get in and we did not have the issues we have now.   So I reject the idea that the reason for the issues is the number of people on at one time. Our extinction server rarely has more than a dozen players and lags and crashes all the time.

These new maps could be smaller to help naturally restrict over population and clutter.  This is what I thought they were doing to some degree with Genesis with separate Biomes, but it was our experience that the server we played on became unstable only after a month.

I love this game. I have been playing since 2015 on multiple systems: PS4, PC, mobile, Switch [I even tried Pixark].  I'm not the best player. It's only been since extinction that I really started advancing into Tek and getting comfortable with boss fights. It makes me sad that now that I'm close to the pinnacle of the game and I can not play without the frustration of lag, crashes and getting booted.  I really don't want to give up on the game, and if it means I have to play with some heavy restrictions I'll take it.

4 replies to this server topic

On 4/30/2020 at 10:33 PM, Aylana314159 said:

So you mean a server with only 20 total tribes allowed? So first 20 people who join and create solo tribes are allowed, then the server is locked from anyone else placing structures?

Not saying its a perfect plan but what I am suggesting is servers with heavy restrictions on things that lead to issues, because people don't seem to be able to control themselves. If you have a better plan let me know.

Archived