Snow Biome

Snow Biome

I've been reading through some things and just need some clarification on the air conditioner. If I put a few inside my home in the snow biome will that help to keep us warm? So far we've been using standing torches, fireplaces, our forges and full fur suits, but wondered if there was another way or something I'm missing. I've also read about people using the Kairuku, which is another option I'm open to just don't know how it works. Any insight would be great, thank you!

Air conditioners are working on very small radius. To efficiently use them to keep your house warm, you need to install lots of them, which depends on a size of your base of course.

Single A/C unit has a range of two foundations. But it should be noted, that its effect is +100 insulation on the center and decreases with distance (reaching zero two foundations away). So basically, you have to install an A/C on every two foundations or even denser.

In my opinion, the best and the most aesthetic way to survive on the Snow Biome is a fireplace (or multiple of them). A fireplace gives almost 3x more of insulation (+285) than an A/C and it creates a feeling of warm and cosiness, especially during a long, snowy night.

I used to live on a Snow Biome and I loved situations, when there was a huge snowstorm outside and I was sitting with my friends next to the fireplace. ?

carry a ferox or an otter on your shoulder, problem solved.  Also, you can get upgraded fur gear from doing the doed race in volcano.  Improve your fur and wear otter or ferox and you are fine in the worst conditions out there.

If I was gonna create a sub-floor in the snow biome below my main floor, I'd put old school furnaces all around underneath and fill them with wood constantly to burn up for the coal as well as the benefit of a heated floor.  THen I'm not burning gas and wasting poly on making a/c units and I get a material out of it I can use later on.

*also more specifically to one of your questions, air conditioning units balance out the temperature no matter which extreme we are talking about.  This way, they work for eggs that need -50 degrees and eggs that need +50 degrees, and can do them both at the same time. magmas hatched side by side w/ penguins.

Archived