Genesis Ocean Biome Blue Screening and Disconnections

leloup71

Genesis Ocean Biome Blue Screening and Disconnections

Im renting a G-Portal Genesis server and tonight in the ocean biome, we keep on being disconnected or blue screening!! Not only me, the other players too! Why is this happening and anybody else is living this nightmare?  I  dont know who’s responsible for this; G-Portal or Wildcard??

I don't bluescreen in the Ocean biome, we leave that to the Arctic, but I dc a ton. I play on officials and ocean is heavily built up but Ark has always had problems with lag issues in water. I think because it renders in further and for Gen it is a very active ocean so it has a lot to render in at once. 

Also private server here, but hosted by Nitrado.

I never had disconnect-issues, but both my tribe-mates had issues as soon as we did race-missions in the ocean-biome, they kept disconnecting while doing it.

I can just assume that either the server or the client (or a mix of both) can't keep up with the load, also of course depending on the value you set on the amount of Dinos - which includes the fishes. Unfortunately I don't think getting more CPU/GPU/RAM/whatever will help on either side because ARK is just poorly optimized.

Archived