Is starve taming better for taming effectiveness?

Kamil

Someone on my official PVE server tamed a 145 Bronto using the starve taming method, without any balm. The Bronto got all of its bonus levels.

I thought taming effectiveness is dependent on how many times a Dino eats taming food.

Does that mean starve taming is better for getting 100% bonus levels; or would the Bronto get 100% effectiveness regardless if tamed via starve or regular?

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, Kamil said:

Someone on my official PVE server tamed a 145 Bronto using the starve taming method, without any balm. The Bronto got all of its bonus levels.

I thought taming effectiveness is dependent on how many times a Dino eats taming food.

Does that mean starve taming is better for getting 100% bonus levels; or would the Bronto get 100% effectiveness regardless if tamed via starve or regular?

The only benefit of starving your tames first is that you can wake them up if something attack them without wasting kibbles. Other than that, it makes no difference.

EDIT: Didn't realize it was mobile. I have no idea if it matters on that version but it definitely don't on PC.

Archived