The game isn't worth much now

dtabb09

Suggestion

The game isn't worth much now

It's genuinely really sad to see such an incredible game instantly ruined for so many players. I don't really care what the reason for removing the tether distance is, all I know is that you teased players, making the game seem better than it was and then took it away. A lot of people stopped playing this game or like me, just bought it and want their money back. At the very least the devs could not be morons and could say more than 1 tweet about it. I hate developers like this that will tease you with a great game and then BAM it turns out you wasted your money because you have a console. I'm soooo mad I wasted my money on this game. If they didn't say that putting the tether distance in originally was an accident, this would look like a scam..........

2 replies to this server topic

The biggest issue with the removal of the tether distance option for consoles is the fact that not everyone has the money to rent a server, nor does everyone want to go looking through the list of dedicated servers to find that one server where the settings suit them. Also hosting a dedicated server disables someones ability to play unless they have a second console, which again not everyone has the money to buy a second console. 

People run non-dedicated servers so they can play with their friends with the settings they want. By removing the tether setting, it removes the ability for people to play the way they want to play without spending ridiculous amounts of money, which is the whole point of a sandbox game by the way, to play the way you want to. You can't really do that when the people you want to play with are confined to a 250 meter or kilometer radius. Nor is it fun when the people you wanna play with can't explore caves without the host being with them.

Archived