Using Dynamic Rates custom link

Has anyone been able to utilize the command line option below? I have tried hosting the dynamcconfig.ini file from a local machine running a webserver and inserting the link to that machine but it still pulls the rates from the official website instead of mine. 

?customdynamicconfigurl=<link> 

8 hours ago, thenatclanwy said:

Has anyone been able to utilize the command line option below? I have tried hosting the dynamcconfig.ini file from a local machine running a webserver and inserting the link to that machine but it still pulls the rates from the official website instead of mine. 

?customdynamicconfigurl=<link> 

Make sure you're only trying to change the options allowed...  TamingSpeedMultiplier, HarvestAmountMultiplier, XPMultiplier, MatingIntervalMultiplier, BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier, EggHatchSpeedMultiplier     https://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration

Also: the documentation implies that you have to have   -UseDynamicConfig   on the command line

I have that option as well and I copied the official ini and only changed the harvest rate value as a test so everything is setup exactly like the official dynamicconfig.ini except that one value. Have you been able to make it work?

My command line arguments and dynamincconfig.ini file contents

start "8-Test" /high /affinity 0C "C:\ArkSM\Servers\Server8\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe" TheIsland?listen?MultiHome=192.168.1.10?Port=7777?QueryPort=27015?MaxPlayers=70?AllowCrateSpawnsOnTopOfStructures=True?customdynamicconfigurl=http://192.168.1.188/dynamicconfig.ini -UseDynamicConfig -serverkey=island-test -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -EnableIdlePlayerKick -clusterid=Natclanwy -ClusterDirOverride="C:\ArkSM" -NoTransferFromFiltering -UseBattlEye -servergamelog -servergamelogincludetribelogs -ServerRCONOutputTribeLogs -usecache -StasisKeepControllers -structurememopts -nosteamclient -game -server -log
TamingSpeedMultiplier=2.0
HarvestAmountMultiplier=8.0
XPMultiplier=2.0
MatingIntervalMultiplier=0..5
BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=2.0
EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=2.0

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2020 at 8:09 PM, thenatclanwy said:

I have that option as well and I copied the official ini and only changed the harvest rate value as a test so everything is setup exactly like the official dynamicconfig.ini except that one value. Have you been able to make it work?

My command line arguments and dynamincconfig.ini file contents

start "8-Test" /high /affinity 0C "C:\ArkSM\Servers\Server8\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe" TheIsland?listen?MultiHome=192.168.1.10?Port=7777?QueryPort=27015?MaxPlayers=70?AllowCrateSpawnsOnTopOfStructures=True?customdynamicconfigurl=http://192.168.1.188/dynamicconfig.ini -UseDynamicConfig -serverkey=island-test -ForceAllowCaveFlyers -EnableIdlePlayerKick -clusterid=Natclanwy -ClusterDirOverride="C:\ArkSM" -NoTransferFromFiltering -UseBattlEye -servergamelog -servergamelogincludetribelogs -ServerRCONOutputTribeLogs -usecache -StasisKeepControllers -structurememopts -nosteamclient -game -server -log

TamingSpeedMultiplier=2.0
HarvestAmountMultiplier=8.0
XPMultiplier=2.0
MatingIntervalMultiplier=0..5
BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=2.0
EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=2.0

I don't see  -UseDynamicConfig on your command line. 

Also according to the docs, that option must be last on your command line.

I've been playing around with this all day and I'm pretty sure its broken. If I use  -UseDynamicConfig  it always pulls from the official server config. I can not get it to read the file from my web server. I've tried leaving out the http, adding it in. I've tried putting it at the end. ...

Looking at my web logs it isn't even trying to read the file.

• 7 months later...
  • Volunteer Moderator
15 minutes ago, Moretic said:

haha, forgot to remove pws... :D

Shut down your server, remove the following from your launch command:

?customdynamicconfigurl="194.236.214.43/dynamicconfig.ini"

Reboot, connect to your server, run the following command:

admincheat forceupdatedynamicconfig

Then check into your showmyadminmanager and your taming multiplier should have been updated to 10. At least, everything looks good besides a conflict having it defined twice.

EDIT: And ofc, change your passwords. 😆

still did not work... but have it working now, seems there was a hostname issue ( reported as the server started ) and when I fixed that it now all seems to work, not sure why the hostname had anything to do with it :P  also used ForceUpdateDynamicConfig :D now I am only missing the webalarm part :P thanks for the help

Archived