Time to own up and sell your game

Jasonhamilton

2 hours ago, XxxGodzxxX said:

IDK , but running the game as it is now , is NOT working (that is apparent). But will they have the sense to actually do something about it ? I doubt it , thus it is as good as it will get . I noticed that one of the servers I play on (official) was just "worked" on  LOL. It's still running the same way it did as before they "fixed" it. so ......yeah

What? ARK is still massively popular

I don't even care anymore about the bugs. I started playing way less because the lags and server saves are such a waste of lifetime. Playing the game is at least something fun and while some would already argue that playing games is already a waste of lifetime it just seems so much more as such if you have to wait 50 seconds every 15 minutes to do anything. Playing on 200+ ping also doesn't make anything better same with having to look up the transfer timer before you go into a cave with holes or lava just to not fall into them because of the server save lag....

If this game was mostly lag free and they managed to constantly have the server save like in every MMO or other multiplayer game instead of the 15 min garbage, this game would be amazing. Sadly the lags ruin it for me and even on Aberration servers you have to deal with the 15min saves which after 2 years of playing annoy me beyond belief.

9 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

I don't even care anymore about the bugs. I started playing way less because the lags and server saves are such a waste of lifetime. Playing the game is at least something fun and while some would already argue that playing games is already a waste of lifetime it just seems so much more as such if you have to wait 50 seconds every 15 minutes to do anything. Playing on 200+ ping also doesn't make anything better same with having to look up the transfer timer before you go into a cave with holes or lava just to not fall into them because of the server save lag....

If this game was mostly lag free and they managed to constantly have the server save like in every MMO or other multiplayer game instead of the 15 min garbage, this game would be amazing. Sadly the lags ruin it for me and even on Aberration servers you have to deal with the 15min saves which after 2 years of playing annoy me beyond belief.

All this may be true for official servers, but not the game in general.

I don't think any developer/company out there would want to bother purchasing this game and have to try and work within the existing codebase.  Just look at how often patches are mishandled and tend to cause new bugs.  Plus the obvious lack of communication and coordination in the current dev team.  I can only imagine how fragile and scattered the code must look at this point.

Regardless, the game is still a huge amount of fun.  I think when you play for a long time it's easy to forget all the amazing things that Ark gets right.  And yes, some of the bugs/issues are annoying and sometimes game-breaking.  I actually just quit in late February because I was tired of the reoccurring Win10 with controller whistling.  But I sure got my money's worth out of this game.

20 hours ago, d1nk said:

What? ARK is still massively popular

I didn't say it wasn't popular ,but it is losing people because of the way its run. I was talking performance wise , the lack of optimization and lag/bugs not being fixed. The  game this far out shouldn't be running this poorly and seems to constantly get more and more bugs in it , because of lack of testing before release.And the size of it is utterly rediculious.

4 hours ago, XxxGodzxxX said:

I didn't say it wasn't popular ,but it is losing people because of the way its run. I was talking performance wise , the lack of optimization and lag/bugs not being fixed. The  game this far out shouldn't be running this poorly and seems to constantly get more and more bugs in it , because of lack of testing before release.And the size of it is utterly rediculious.

Spot on. They should announce ark survival devolved and put it back into early access...

Archived