Time to own up and sell your game

Jasonhamilton

I think it is time you guys do right by your game and own up to the fact you can not manage this game or run it properly and that you should sell the game to a company that can get the game running and working like it should great game but poop equipment running it come on guys fix this poop up already 

15 minutes ago, Jasonhamilton said:

I think it is time you guys do right by your game and own up to the fact you can not manage this game or run it properly and that you should sell the game to a company that can get the game running and working like it should great game but poop equipment running it come on guys fix this poop up already 

The game is mostly fine. 

They could just form a new company to run the official servers. Subscription and/or cash shop to support them.

2 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

The game is mostly fine. 

They could just form a new company to run the official servers. Subscription and/or cash shop to support them.

I personally wouldn't pay to play it . After watching how they ran (or lack there of) survival of the fittest into the ground ,then gave up on it , I don't think wildcard is capable of running this game smoothly. IMO this is as good as it will get.

32 minutes ago, XxxGodzxxX said:

this is as good as it will get.

I play on my own server and its great. I don't experience the issues that official servers have. The game itself is fine. 

33 minutes ago, XxxGodzxxX said:

I don't think wildcard is capable of running this game smoothly

I would change "this game" to "official servers"

I fell like if they sell the game it will turn it to an entirely different game than it I was in the beginning and now! I don’t think we should go to selling, just maybe the guys at the top care more about fixing bugs and giving the community what it wants rather then pumping out maps and “cash cowing” and leaving the wastelands of maps behind from bugs and map design!

While I get where you're coming from - you want the game fixed because you like it and don't have confidence in WC to fix it - what gaming company would ever touch it? What business would touch a messy codebase that they don't know and spend money fixing it? There's no money in fixing the game, sadly, because as much as people complain here, they still play, right? Fixing bugs won't bring in all that many new people - new, shiny content that is of news value does. It's sad but true.

For all their faults, WC is most likely the developer that cares the very very most about the game. I can guarantee that no company that takes it on will care as much about it (possibly with the exception of passionat ARK players getting together to take it on, but then: would the skill to do anything about it be there?) and caring about the game is the only driver for fixing bugs.

8 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

This makes as much sense as asking the owner of a restaurant to sell his business because you don't like the food... normal people would simply not return, letting others that does enjoy themselves.

nono we like the food, but we do not like the waiters and waitress and the boss how they server it to us and sometimes like evererytime we find a hair in our food.

1 hour ago, ishootpaint said:

Didn't they already do just that when they sold to Snail Games?

https://mmos.com/news/snail-games-usa-acquired-studio-wildcard-developer-of-ark-in-december-2015

How can wildcard sell what they do not own?

True. I still think they could probably shift the management of official servers onto a different team.

1 hour ago, ishootpaint said:

Didn't they already do just that when they sold to Snail Games?

https://mmos.com/news/snail-games-usa-acquired-studio-wildcard-developer-of-ark-in-december-2015

How can wildcard sell what they do not own?

Isnt it Snail Games bought Wildcard rather than Snail Games bought Ark ? 

But yes. 

IDK , but running the game as it is now , is NOT working (that is apparent). But will they have the sense to actually do something about it ? I doubt it , thus it is as good as it will get . I noticed that one of the servers I play on (official) was just "worked" on  LOL. It's still running the same way it did as before they "fixed" it. so ......yeah

3 minutes ago, XxxGodzxxX said:

IDK , but running the game as it is now , is NOT working (that is apparent). But will they have the sense to actually do something about it ? I doubt it , thus it is as good as it will get . I noticed that one of the servers I play on (official) was just "worked" on  LOL. It's still running the same way it did as before they "fixed" it. so ......yeah

Ark is #7 on the steam chart, so that points to the game being fine.

Archived