Recent testing on ferox breeding.

RaynaBranch

Recent testing on ferox breeding.

Im one of the main breeders for my tribe on official PVP. Some of you may know me for my autistic obsession with bloodstalkers.

Anyways, recently i tried starting a ferox line.

I started with a (small form stats) 502hp, 420st, 557% damage male, and a bunch of 0/0 clones with 302hp, 400st, 226 damage.

Instantly some inconsistencies came up.

I got ferox at 312 hp, 480 hp, and 276 hp. After 40-60 breed babies i have not gotten a single 502 hp ferox.

Ferox damage is also extremely inconsistent, almost all of them came out with 300.5% damage. A couple came out with 557 however. But where did 300.5 come from?

Second thing i did was morph them all to see if that was inconsistent as well, surprisingly.. it was /s.

with 4 identical small ferox, all with 312hp, 400 stamina, and 300.5% damage, here are the results in big form (sorry didnt track these ones stamina).

2x 7.9k hp, 200% damage

1x 8.9khp, 338% damage

1x 9.8k hp, 373% damage

What?

But it gets weirder. When they got small again, some of the stats changed.

Both of the 7.9k hp ferox as well as the 9.8k hp ferox now had 402hp. But the 8.9k hp ferox now has 593hp.

One of the 7.9k hp ferox, now has 663% damage, the rest of them reverted back to 300.5%.

So i'm thinking breeding ferox is completely useless right now? Am i missing something?

All of this testing was done on a Scorched earth server, all ferox were bred on Extinction, male breeder was sourced from genesis before recent ferox patches, female clones were sourced from genesis during easter event for some nice pink colors.

Still broken it seems... I can say something about them. Testing breeding using the mod "BestEggs" i notice that the mod cannot recognize the "mothers" after the transformation or after a new transformation, meaning you don't have your "original" dino anymore after you transform them once. The game constantly destroy your dino and give you a new one after each transformation (that's probably the origin of all this randomized stats).

I remember that i had a baby ferox with 880% (base, not imprinted) MD from nowhere too in my SP (parents with 405% and 500%) - i can only guess that the small one can sometimes inherit the transformed stats (but i don't know if after the transformation they keep the stats - i just cryopoded this one back in the day).

Like i'm not totally sure about all this, but maybe you should look at over all level and their stats.  As far as the players who have been charging people (tek or dust, not $)to run through alpha controller, they told me emphatically that stats don't matter as much as the over all level of at birth.  Can you cross check your different stat values and see any correlation between the higher level births having better melee over lower level births? 

yea i gave up breeding them because stats are always something else on the large shapeshifters not the small ones.

i cloned a ferox, even this clone got other stats...

a joke.....

but is that something new... no...

maybe they just play the waiting game until the op ferox with 85 points in hp and 70 in melee have despawned or lost their stats xd

Archived