Tek Dedicated Storage - still theft friendly?

slejo

1 hour ago, sjskdjkfa said:

Uhhh, yours doesn't say locked? My understanding is that the issue was that when it was locked stuff could be withdrawn, so people had to pin lock them to lock lock them. In otherwords locked wasn't locked at all, only pin locked was. That's not the devs fault if your box is neither locked nor pin locked.

The devs bothered to say this was fixed.   Which this poster here is saying it wasn’t.  And you are busting out old information that we are all beyond at this point.

20 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

The devs bothered to say this was fixed.   Which this poster here is saying it wasn’t.  And you are busting out old information that we are all beyond at this point.

I don't have any idea whether it is fixed or not! I don't agree with your sentiment- "old information that we are all beyond..." you should check yourself there. There is no reason to attack me for trying to disseminate information to someone when we are in a forum designed for that. How am I to know what anybody knows? Further the pic he shared... if it was locked wouldn't it say locked as he is looking right at it? All though now that I'm thinking about it I seem to remember looking at a locked tek box and being puzzled that it didn't say that it was locked. See, I didn't know old information, apparently they don't say they are locked! 

20200407145122_1.jpg?width=1168&height=6

3 hours ago, sjskdjkfa said:

I don't have any idea whether it is fixed or not! I don't agree with your sentiment- "old information that we are all beyond..." you should check yourself there. There is no reason to attack me for trying to disseminate information to someone when we are in a forum designed for that. How am I to know what anybody knows? Further the pic he shared... if it was locked wouldn't it say locked as he is looking right at it? All though now that I'm thinking about it I seem to remember looking at a locked tek box and being puzzled that it didn't say that it was locked. See, I didn't know old information, apparently they don't say they are locked! 

fixed.jpg

Maybe, if you had actually read the original posters post,  you could have noticed that they were referring to a recent change put in the patch notes of the game where WIldcard EXPLICITLY stated, "FIxed an issue with Dedicated storage locking behavior on PvE (Players could withdraw items when it was "locked").

ANd the fact that dedicated storages could be withdrawn from by 3rd parties was and is old information.   And the original poster was well beyond that tidbit as they weren't asking about that, they were asking about how could it still be like that when the developers stated - it's fixed.

I might be rude sometimes, but when I make mistakes I admit it or shut up (usually) , I don't double down(well... maybe not all the time).

The default position of any deployed storage device is locked from the beginning.  Players have to manually unlock it for it to be unlocked.  The Tek dedicated storages are different in that we can interact w/ them w/out fully opening their inventory.  This was not fixed properly it would seem.  

They need to set permissions to tribe only in pulling up the wheel menu.  They have not successfully done that yet.

3 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

20200407145122_1.jpg?width=1168&height=6

fixed.jpg

Maybe, if you had actually read the original posters post,  you could have noticed that they were referring to a recent change put in the patch notes of the game where WIldcard EXPLICITLY stated, "FIxed an issue with Dedicated storage locking behavior on PvE (Players could withdraw items when it was "locked").

ANd the fact that dedicated storages could be withdrawn from by 3rd parties was and is old information.   And the original poster was well beyond that tidbit as they weren't asking about that, they were asking about how could it still be like that when the developers stated - it's fixed.

I might be rude sometimes, but when I make mistakes I admit it or shut up (usually) , I don't double down(well... maybe not all the time).

The default position of any deployed storage device is locked from the beginning.  Players have to manually unlock it for it to be unlocked.  The Tek dedicated storages are different in that we can interact w/ them w/out fully opening their inventory.  This was not fixed properly it would seem.  

They need to set permissions to tribe only in pulling up the wheel menu.  They have not successfully done that yet.

Yea, I read the patch notes before even coming here, and even had that info in my brain as a probable portent to the post I was clicking on. Yea, I studiously looked over the original post, indeed it was about what I thought it was about. HOWEVER, I noted in the picture it didn't look like the box was locked, so I thought to myself, maybe they DID fix it, but this guy just left his box unlocked. I thought to myself, perhaps this guy misread the intent of the patch notes and thought he could now leave his box lock unlocked, pined, what ever and it wouldn't be thief friendly. So I thought I'd spell it out explicitly.

3 hours ago, sjskdjkfa said:

perhaps this guy misread the intent of the patch notes and thought he could now leave his box lock unlocked

You really think im retarded?

BTW. This dedicated storage structure was brand new set up 3-4 days before someone took 100k. Do you think Tek Dedicated Storage is placed as unlocked by default?

if its pve its locked by default

if you're on pvp everyone can take a swig at it unless you pin it

I recently placed down some dedicated too. for fear of wc's spaghetti I pinned them all.

sorry about your loss but you should pin everything. there's still a bug where if you're accessing a box from behind a wall/ceiling your E button will set it to unlock. this may happen when you press E to dismount too.

so its always better to pin boxes. give them some random numbers. and put them behind closed doors

1 minute ago, slejo said:

i dont care much for this 100k./ Ark is a permanent process of prosper and loss. (BTW 90% loss not caused by you).
My only regret is that the WC did not fix this exploit correctly. Just like many other things

quick question, are you playing the steam version of the game or win10 store version?

On 4/28/2020 at 4:21 PM, slejo said:

Tek Dedicated Storage - still theft friendly?

I hoped they fixed this. Untill i have found that over 100k dust "disappeared" from my INDOOR base dedicated storage.
It was over 320k yesterday.

fixed0.jpg

fixed.jpg

LOL I was the person that took it want it back you'll have to pay some metal though ?

12 hours ago, sjskdjkfa said:

Well I finally happened across a locked tek box out in the open today, and it had 100 fiber in it, which I was unable to remove. Further it actually said that it was locked, weird.

Yep. Thats odd in the op’s pic that it does not say locked. Then again would not be first time someone accidentally unlocked storage during a lagspike. On vaults you only need to be bit wrong spot when accessing with ”e” and it will unlock the vault instead of opening it.

5 hours ago, dronlay said:

What a nice thief, only take 100k

why not take everything , lol

You should probably ask your tribemates.

Why not take everything? You might not know this but I do since I frequently harvest dust on extinction and move it to my other maps... but element dust is HEAVY! Unless the thief came back with a weight specked character. But if we assume that he had 400 weight..

1 stack of dust weighs 50 and has 1k dust

100k = 5,000 weight

5,000/400 = over 12 trips

If this was pvp his character likely had even less weight than that.

And that's requiring 400 weight is spare weight capacity, in order to move about freely you need to have only filled 75% of your max capacity also would need to perhaps neglect gear, but the thief could run naked I suppose. Further op mentioned it was inside a base, otherwise the thief could have rode a weight dino right up to the box. Also idk how easy it is for the thiefs to glitch themselves into and out of our bases. But anyways it probably got tedius for him and he just stopped from boredom.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Fetzen said:

Works this Makros only on PC or have we on Xbox the same Problem?

PC, but nothing prevent anyone from testing combinations manually on consoles as well.

1 hour ago, sjskdjkfa said:

Why not take everything? You might not know this but I do since I frequently harvest dust on extinction and move it to my other maps... but element dust is HEAVY! Unless the thief came back with a weight specked character. But if we assume that he had 400 weight.

You might not know this but... whip + tek pants.

Archived