Ingame Voting-System

Gopa

Suggestion

Ingame Voting-System

Greetings!

After the announcement that the Genesis-Servers are open for transfer at Mai 15, many ingame Players/Tribes lose their ARK-Goals for alpha-missions & bosses. That the servers gonna be open for transfer some day, was clear, but many hoped it wouldn't be that soon and/or the dinos that are allowed to be transfered were limited like at the Abberation opening.

Aftrer scrolling though the forum I had the impression that there seems to be a huge gap, between what players on the live servers want and people that are using the forum (to express their wishes there). It somehow feels like two dif. worlds... I would suggest an Ingame Voting-System so the Players that aren't active on the Forum also have a Impact on the decisions that are made for them. With Genesis the UI is allready there, a new Tab with a Text-Box with the announcement and 2-4 Buttons below with options to klick for a voting would be enough.

Cheers :Jerblove:

10 replies to this server topic

There are 2 dif. types of ID's that can be used. 
Like they use it on Account-Achiv./Skins that would unlock the skins for all of your Characters. They can ban the hole Acc and not only one character... It's called Player ID and Steam ID, the Player ID is the path to your character, the SteamID is bound to your Account. 
So if you have clicked to vote,the boolean for your acc hit 1 (or true/fals) and you can't vote anymore with any other character. 

7 minutes ago, Gopa said:

So if you have clicked to vote,the boolean for your acc hit 1 (or true/fals) and you can't vote anymore with any other character. 

I don't mean 1 player voting with multiple characters on a server. I mean players who don't play on a specific server creating a character and voting just because they can. Mega tribes and those with lots of friends ensuring the votes go their way.

4 minutes ago, Gopa said:

Whats the dif. for a Forum-Account for a upvote? You dont need Ark to creat an account and post stuff here, those player ingame bought atleast the game once! 

Votes don't mean anything. WC has things that will be done and things that will not be done. Big official networks of servers was their plan.

people who think transferes ruin challenge of the game are just creating a problem that is not there. all they are trying to do is force others to play the game they want to play it. when transferes open up, just don't upgrade dinos. simple as that, stop making others bend to your will. (this is not a post directed to anyone specific in this thread).

Hm... I think you don't get my point. I have never said, that they shouldn't open the Servers. This Vote-System should help WC in making some decisions like (if we stick on the server-Opening topic) when to open them and lets say witch dinos should be allowed to be transfered etc.. Think outside the box, this shouldn't be a ulitmate tool to force the dev.-team to do what the playerbase wants. They dont need to publish the numbers of the voting-outcome etc., it should just be one more info Tool (like the Forum) to evaluat the mindsetting of the playerbase.

1 hour ago, sluggo5 said:

people who think transferes ruin challenge of the game are just creating a problem that is not there. all they are trying to do is force others to play the game they want to play it. when transferes open up, just don't upgrade dinos. simple as that, stop making others bend to your will. (this is not a post directed to anyone specific in this thread).

If a voting system was implemented, i imagine most would vote for opening transfers. 

13 minutes ago, Gopa said:

Hm... I think you don't get my point. I have never said, that they shouldn't open the Servers. This Vote-System should help WC in making some decisions like (if we stick on the server-Opening topic) when to open them and lets say witch dinos should be allowed to be transfered etc.. Think outside the box, this shouldn't be a ulitmate tool to force the dev.-team to do what the playerbase wants. They dont need to publish the numbers of the voting-outcome etc., it should just be one more info Tool (like the Forum) to evaluat the mindsetting of the playerbase.

The playerbase will have opposite options on most topics. I think implementing an in-game system like this would be a waste of time at this point. Maybe it would have been relevant during early access.

16 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

The playerbase will have opposite options on most topics. I think implementing an in-game system like this would be a waste of time at this point. Maybe it would have been relevant during early access.

Intresting point of view! But the game hasn't "stoped". New DLC get published, the game isn't the game that it was after the release. Things are still changing, just take a look at Genesis - with porting, going into bossfights/missions etc... I would say: Better late then never :)

Archived