Jump to content

WolfBrinkTV

Gigas coming to an Official Genesis server near you!

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

no one forces you to use a giga for it. You are the only one ruining your own challenging experience. Your fun in the game is too deeply connected to others on PVE, don't let them ruin it for you and play your way, make it hard for yourself not for others. :)  

Edited by Fukushu
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Fukushu said:

no one forces you to use a giga for it. You are the only one ruining your own challenging experience. Your fun in the game is too deeply connected to others on PVE, don't let them ruin it for you and play your way, make it hard for yourself not for others. :)  

It is true that no one forces a person to use a giga, but that isn't the main point.

The term "temptation" comes into mind here, and most of us just sucks at resisting the temptation of using a giga to ruin the challenge (me included). Barring of Giga transfers would actually be a huge blockade, but that will never happen.

  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Vaculityjust because all your friends smoke, doesn't mean that you should...

Also the missions are extremely tideous they don't get better with every new time you do them. Did anyone really do them and think ''oh damn, I can't wait to do this mission for the 20th time, oh boy oh boy. LET'S GO'' if you are like that I really envy you that you can have fun so easily.

And if you say that you are concerned about new players being robbed of their experience, please don't pretend that you care about bob on the beach doing his first Genesis mission. :D 

Edited by Fukushu
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahahahaha.

Gigas will autoenrage on the 3rd or 4th hit from any alpha hunt bar the megaloceros and kill you.
They are highly unsuitable for most if not all  alpha missions unless carefully managed.
Yes they may decimate the gamma/beta fights, but its not like tribes endgame cant the do same anyway.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Ahahahaha.

Gigas will autoenrage on the 3rd or 4th hit from any alpha hunt bar the megaloceros and kill you.
They are highly unsuitable for most if not all  alpha missions unless carefully managed.
Yes they may decimate the gamma/beta fights, but its not like tribes endgame cant the do same anyway.

Indeed, most alpha hunt are even worse WITH a giga. Most alpha missions need carefull thinking, and planning. 

Some people are acting like all 168 mission are completed on 1 day with the -magical one chomp- giga, dont worry ain't gonna happen.

Ps: Im wondering if the same anti giga people are completing moeder with the bred 19k hp 400m mosa's on official rn or just use an army of megalodon's, cause u know mosa's are op and all.

Edited by Likeitis
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From a PvP perspective I would say it would be a bit unfair, but who cares if someone does alpha missions with a Giga? Really nobody cares about rankings except of those who are on top of them and why should I care when some soloplayer can do alpha missions now? It´s good that they have the opportunity to complete the map on their own now (if it´s really as simple with a Giga as people think)...

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Likeitis said:

Indeed, most alpha hunt are even worse WITH a giga. Most alpha missions need carefull thinking, and planning. 

Some people are acting like all 168 mission are completed on 1 day with the -magical one chomp- giga, dont worry ain't gonna happen.

Ps: Im wondering if the same anti giga people are completing moeder with the bred 19k hp 400m mosa's on official rn or just use an army of megalodon's, cause u know mosa's are op and all.

You didn't take into account over breeders who has gigas that are bred to its OPness with 600%+ DMG or so. Its Rage does make it worse since it literally becomes uncontrollable, but its where the beauty lies. It also gains boosted damage, and since it attacks anyone and anything, it deals more damage to Alpha Brutes as well.

 

True, it doesn't kill Alpha Brutes with just one chomp, but it makes it easy enough for people to complain about it. Also, its mainly mission that requires killing specific creature that is giga-worrying.

 

Afaik, Giga can't be sent to the Master Controller Fight since the Arrival Protocol follows the same restriction as that of most other boss arenas.

 

Mosa are like Rexes water equivalent imho, Megalodon just gets ripped to shreds fast unless they are fully health-bred to tank 16-20 hits from Alpha Moeder's bite.

Edited by Vaculity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

You didn't take into account over breeders who has gigas that are bred to its OPness with 600%+ DMG or so. Its Rage does make it worse since it literally becomes uncontrollable, but its where the beauty lies. It also gains boosted damage, and since it attacks anyone and anything, it deals more damage to Alpha Brutes as well.

 

True, it doesn't kill Alpha Brutes with just one chomp, but it makes it easy enough for people to complain about it. Also, its mainly mission that requires killing specific creature that is giga-worrying.

 

Afaik, Giga can't be sent to the Master Controller Fight since the Arrival Protocol follows the same restriction as that of most other boss arenas.

 

Mosa are like Rexes water equivalent imho, Megalodon just gets ripped to shreds fast unless they are fully health-bred to tank 16-20 hits from Alpha Moeder's bite.

We beat Alpha Moeder with ease. 3 mosas and 5 basilos. 3 of the basilos were tamed and all only had 40-50 armor saddles. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Vaculity said:

You didn't take into account over breeders who has gigas that are bred to its OPness with 600%+ DMG or so. Its Rage does make it worse since it literally becomes uncontrollable, but its where the beauty lies. It also gains boosted damage, and since it attacks anyone and anything, it deals more damage to Alpha Brutes as well.

Gigas I have been using are on an unofficial genesis with boosted lvl up stats, reaching close to 1,400% melee.
You last approximately 3 hits, upon which the giga enrages and kills you, failing the mission, or if you not riding it, will bite the alpha brute 2/3 times more before keeling over.

Unless they've severely nerfed the alpha hunt scaling since I last tried, I'd dread to think how little an official giga would fare against the alpha spino.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Vaculity said:

You didn't take into account over breeders who has gigas that are bred to its OPness with 600%+ DMG or so. Its Rage does make it worse since it literally becomes uncontrollable, but its where the beauty lies. It also gains boosted damage, and since it attacks anyone and anything, it deals more damage to Alpha Brutes as well.

 

True, it doesn't kill Alpha Brutes with just one chomp, but it makes it easy enough for people to complain about it. Also, its mainly mission that requires killing specific creature that is giga-worrying.

 

Afaik, Giga can't be sent to the Master Controller Fight since the Arrival Protocol follows the same restriction as that of most other boss arenas.

 

Mosa are like Rexes water equivalent imho, Megalodon just gets ripped to shreds fast unless they are fully health-bred to tank 16-20 hits from Alpha Moeder's bite.

A giga with 600m base damage still has only 31k-34k health, i did beta raptor yesterday with some bred rexes leveled to 800melee and 35k health (same as giga), just to see how you can split the damage. 1 giga will make beta as easy as a small rex gang, but alpha is a different story, you will need at least 5-6 mate boosted bred max level gigas, and hope they don't enrage and kill you in one chomp like Akeno said. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@caleb68that and some people ''worry'' that bob can take their place on the list. So all their hard work has gone down the drain because bob is now a way better player than them in ARK PVE. ^^ 

They lose their prestige and can't show others anymore that they are leading the lists or have done the bosses while no one else could, this seems to matter a lot for some people to the point that they will lose all the fun if others become able to do the same on the server. 

Everyone has their own issues and has fun in the game in a different way but if all your enjoyment in the game is linked to being ''the best'' in ARK PVE <- PVE! and you instantly lose that enjoyment just because others have it now easier or never wanted the struggle and you despise those people and Wildcard just because of that you should really reconsider the way you play video games...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Akeno017 said:

Ahahahaha.

Gigas will autoenrage on the 3rd or 4th hit from any alpha hunt bar the megaloceros and kill you.
They are highly unsuitable for most if not all  alpha missions unless carefully managed.
Yes they may decimate the gamma/beta fights, but its not like tribes endgame cant the do same anyway.

that is what im saying im thinking most of these people havent even tryed alpha missions to know how bad they are. were talking about LVL 3000 brutes alphas. and if you dont like it on PVP go to PVE. and if your on PVE play the game how you want to stop worrying about everyone eles. OR get GUD 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, XxsidwinderxX said:

that is what im saying im thinking most of these people havent even tryed alpha missions to know how bad they are. were talking about LVL 3000 brutes alphas. and if you dont like it on PVP go to PVE. and if your on PVE play the game how you want to stop worrying about everyone eles. OR get GUD 

doesn't increasing the level of wild dinos also increase the level of boss dinos?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2020 at 11:44 AM, Likeitis said:

Indeed, most alpha hunt are even worse WITH a giga. Most alpha missions need carefull thinking, and planning. 

Some people are acting like all 168 mission are completed on 1 day with the -magical one chomp- giga, dont worry ain't gonna happen.

Ps: Im wondering if the same anti giga people are completing moeder with the bred 19k hp 400m mosa's on official rn or just use an army of megalodon's, cause u know mosa's are op and all.

You know I have TAMED x-mosas 21k 404m, the moeder fight was a joke anyways, we did it on basis too. That fight needs to be harder, tbh. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, youtubesteak said:

You know I have TAMED x-mosas 21k 404m, the moeder fight was a joke anyways, we did it on basis too. That fight needs to be harder, tbh. 

I agree the moeder may deserve a buff as i had no problem with gamma (solo) and beta (2 persons) , i have yet to complete alpha, but that are the stats on our official server at the moment. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hahaha y’all cracking me up thinking gigas are gonna be the answer. I play on an unofficial with official difficulty, 2x imprint and that’s it.  The gigas we did alpha spino with hatched at 400 melee and had 50k hp and max level, everything in melee put them to just over 1k. Without mate boost hit for over 6k. Someone said on one of the forums that the alphas take over 6x reduces damage. That is false. It’s 5x reduced. Similar to how gamma difficulty they take 5x damage. The first time we fought alpha spino we made the mistake of fighting him in the water on the second encounter. He cut through my 350 saddle and raged my giga in 3 seconds flat. Do not under any circumstance fight him in the water. These fights are no joke and should be treated like a boss fight. Even the alpha raptor will rage a giga with a 350 saddle in no time. Mate boost is an absolute necessity as is a a good yuti. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...