Community Crunch 223: Genesis Transfers, Fixes and On The Horizon

StudioWildcard

15 hours ago, suzi said:

disappointed that gigas are allowed into genesis. Going to make missions easy now .worked hard  on missions  to get bps etc but it doesn't matter now we can transfer bps etc  over so what's point in doing missions over and over .

I love genesis map and the whole difference from other maps having to start new breed lines etc  water tames new lines but  now  gigas and other dinos transfers   doesn't make it as fun now. don't see point in breeding new things.

Pride and accomplishment of having good Xrex army is the reason why you do it.   Let everyone play the way they want and I will play the way I want.   If I don’t like something then I go to PvP to kill stuff and break things.  The way I see it I’m going to still make new lines of Xdinosbecause that’s what I do. 

We plan to pivot back to further balance and QoL improvements soon, including a pass on breeding to improve player’s experience and further tweaks to mission rewards and crates on Genesis.

Oh my God yes. The breeding and mutation system needs to be made clearer. The UI needs to be more detailed about how mutations work and happen, the way you obtain them requires a complete rework, and honestly even stats should be made easier to deal with. I play on unofficial PvE and I have seen waves over waves over waves of people coming from official who need to be explained everything despite having hundreds (sometimes thousands) of hours in the game. And it's sheer insanity that we need a third party app like ARK Smart Breeding for that, given that you don't provide tools to do so yourself. It's time to do something about this. 

Sidenote on the crate part of this quote : I like Genesis (though that map is clearly not designed for people to live permanently on it, and it feels many disposable in many ways) but I miss loot crates on this map. I understand it's not an actual ark so it makes sort of sense to tie loot to missions instead, but loot crates promote exploration of a biome, and are less task-oriented, which in PvE makes a big difference in how you play. Also, more broadly, one of the recent patches messed up loot the appearance of loot crates on other maps (the "big electricity ball" at the top of the beam never disappears, so you think it has just landed and actually it's about to disappear by the time you fly to it), and it's really a silly change that provides no improvement. Please revert this.

22 hours ago, Kelsiebug said:

To those who are BITCHING ABOUT GIGAS dude NOBODY FORCING YOU TO USE YOURS!!! Saying "bye to the challenge"? Unless you use a giga there's still a challenge for YOU like seriously stop ? just dont play the missions with people using gigas THAT FREAKING SIMPLE!

I basically agree.

But...be honest: your next shop is 20 miles away.

1. You have no car, no train , nothing, just your feet. So you'll walk.

2. You have the possbility to take your car or to walk. What do you choose?

I think to have the possibilty  is the "problem".

• Like 1

On 4/27/2020 at 7:08 PM, JohnFFL said:

Trust us I'm sure all the other tribes that worked hard to do the alpha content feel the same way.

as one of those tribes that did work hard to do the alpha content... no. why should i care about this? how does it effect me in any way that now smaller tribes can bring better dinos to do alpha content that i had to work my ass off for? it doesn't. i'd be selfish to say it does.

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Carsten3 said:

I basically agree.

But...be honest: your next shop is 20 miles away.

1. You have no car, no train , nothing, just your feet. So you'll walk.

2. You have the possbility to take your car or to walk. What do you choose?

I think to have the possibilty  is the "problem".

Options always create dilemmas. However, self control is what is needed. If someone feels they are forced to use Gigas just because the option is there to allow them, then they suffer a serious lack of self control.

It's the same thing for those that play single player and the option to use cheats.

24 minutes ago, GP said:

Options always create dilemmas. However, self control is what is needed. If someone feels they are forced to use Gigas just because the option is there to allow them, then they suffer a serious lack of self control.

It's the same thing for those that play single player and the option to use cheats.

Of course it's nothing more then self control. on the other hand there's a kind of comfort we all have in certain way.

It is not just about doing the boss's, it is about defending your base against megatribes with Gigas munching your base and taking all the materials you harvested the past 3 months.

You build your base from thatch to metal with all the Dinos and resources available on Genesis.  Day one on open transfer the Mega tribes come in on one giga an meatrun your base only because they have access to Giga's which noone on Genesis had.

Oh and they are polite and wait until you are offline so you don't have to watch all your hard work and dedication evaporate into nothingness as they load up all your resources and head back to one of their 13 servers.

I would just like to thank the devs for all they do. I know they get alot of hate and have to make very hard choices. This is a massive game and with a big game comes with wholes. I know alot of other game developers who release a game and not care what anyone has to say. They made a web site to hear out players problems and have used fan created maps and mods.  Just like real life your not going to make everyone happy. Hope i do not get to much hate for this. Hope everyone has a great day.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Norsha said:

Allowing Gigas on Genesis is not a prudent move.  Gigas are not native to Genesis and do not belong here.  They are far too overpowered and overbred from other servers.  There is no need for them to be on Genesis there is no counter for them because there are no flyers.

Please rethink this horrible decision.

Who knows they might be wiping out overbreeding with the upcoming changes to breeding. Maybe an actual hard max at 20 mutations.

4 minutes ago, XxsidwinderxX said:

I would just like to thank the devs for all they do. I know they get alot of hate and have to make very hard choices. This is a massive game and with a big game comes with wholes. I know alot of other game developers who release a game and not care what anyone has to say. They made a web site to hear out players problems and have used fan created maps and mods.  Just like real life your not going to make everyone happy. Hope i do not get to much hate for this. Hope everyone has a great day.

Agreed. WC has done a good job, are they perfect no. But giving us so many choices in how to play is amazing. Single player, unofficial, mods, etc.

They have also continued with official servers being free to play (with purchase of Ark), no monthly subscription fee or cash shop, even though these might be good business decisions.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2020 at 7:37 PM, Duckhunter1030 said:

So you are going to ruin genesis with gigas and op rexs coming in. This game was a challenge but now it will simply be easy and pointless. Don’t be surprised when players stop playing this game altogether. So much for something new. 

Cant agree any more,They try to do things and end up ruining there game,i quit small tribes and offcial all together because of things they do like this

9 hours ago, Norsha said:

Allowing Gigas on Genesis is not a prudent move.  Gigas are not native to Genesis and do not belong here.  They are far too overpowered and overbred from other servers.  There is no need for them to be on Genesis there is no counter for them because there are no flyers.

Please rethink this horrible decision.

you realize TEK Gigas are in the lunar. there in genesis they just haven't made them tamable. There in the coding and can be mated on unofficial maps. So they should be adding them too.