Community Crunch 223: Genesis Transfers, Fixes and On The Horizon

StudioWildcard

that video proves nothing, his highest melee giga was 400 melee after that died he gets on one that has 283 melee wild tamed giga. Plus I doubt he setup server settings to match official settings as he is doing it in single player/private server. 

Along with just sitting infront of it not backing up just sitting there taking damage like a bob, 2nd encounter without the help of the other gigas was only taking 383-500 damage on the one he was on 1264 damage on the unridden ones. 

Gigas wouldn't attack because they were spawned in but could of done it if the gigas worked as intended and this is speculation but I doubt gigas will only due 300-400 damage per bite as shown in that single player "test server"  so your gigas rage on alpha is a mute point right now.

disappointed that gigas are allowed into genesis. Going to make missions easy now .worked hard  on missions  to get bps etc but it doesn't matter now we can transfer bps etc  over so what's point in doing missions over and over .

I love genesis map and the whole difference from other maps having to start new breed lines etc  water tames new lines but  now  gigas and other dinos transfers   doesn't make it as fun now. don't see point in breeding new things.

I would like to know if I'm the only one having trouble with several of the missions in Genesis. Namely, the Hunt missions. I start the mission, but no footprints show up. Not a single one. But it says that there was a "last seen footprint." I don't know whether it is bugged, or if I'm doing something wrong. Anyhow, if someone could Aid me in figuring this out, it would be most appreciated.

Edited by JadeValstrax910

I would like to know if I'm the only one having trouble with several of the missions in Genesis. Namely, the Hunt missions. I start the mission, but no footprints show up. Not a single one. But it says that there was a "last seen footprint." I don't know whether it is bugged, or if I'm doing something wrong. Anyhow, if someone could Sid me in figuring this out, it would be most appreciated.

Edit: Nevermind. I figured out what was wrong. It works now. :)

3 hours ago, Kelsiebug said:

To those who are BITCHING ABOUT GIGAS dude NOBODY FORCING YOU TO USE YOURS!!! Saying "bye to the challenge"? Unless you use a giga there's still a challenge for YOU like seriously stop ? just dont play the missions with people using gigas THAT FREAKING SIMPLE!

Agreed.

It's as if someone else's gameplay choices matter. It's a sandbox. Play your way.

14 hours ago, mogrot said:

@Dollie to be fair i really hate to read this open transfers. This never should have happened. Not only you will make the missions a faceroll, also the whole experience of Genesis is gone... I have never seen such a letdown from a gamers perspective in my 10.3k hours of ark. I really think you should reconcider this enabling of transfers, at least for dinos. I would just let it be able to transfer X-dinos or Genesis-specific dinos, but never allow to get any dino in this map. All the people who did the effort to get 168 missions must have had fun, but also feel stupid now. Genesis will become a face roll map. 

There is so much more that people can experience, but you take it all out. Now we will not only have laggy servers, where missions are less possible to do, but we also have gigas, rock drakes,... Might aswell let tek suits enabled... flyers enabled etc. It doesn't really matter to be honest... A dark day for the ark community 

People that did all missions knew before hand the transfers would open why do you feel your efforts are invalidated now it's strange ngl

NICE! this is probably the best community crunch in a number of weeks!  We have been having a helluva time on crossplay servers center, scorched earth and the island.  I’m definitely excited to see what is in store for the quality of life.  The base game itself is a ton of fun, especially when it’s running smoothly and as designed.  This is awesome guys keep up the good work! This is what most of the community has been wanting!  Keep us updated, would love to see some awesome QOL implements and how about some fixing of mistakes made in regards to nerfs?  Since the cheating enforcement is fully underway and doing it’s job, can we get transfer timers removed in pve?  Please?  Especially since they were instituted to deter cheating and failed miserably.  Repeal of flyer nerf on pve? Maybe?  Thanks for the good work guys, keep the communication coming!

• Haha 1

Roger that , in the past we still recived content just no access to tek tier . Valguero was a head scratcher as to why we did not get it. Same with the Center.  I get extinction and genesis but still think we could get the maps just no Tek options . Wildcard also never communicates that the No Tek servers are being passed over . After Genisis I wont be purchasing further expansions until they launch and we know if our server cluster is being supported. At this point I'd be happy if they let us migrate off to other officials. 

• Like 1

Will you guys also be fixing the bug on xbox where you cant feed or use the climbing properly on the Ferox for the host of non dedicated servers only? I cant even enjoy riding feroxes with my friends because I cant go where they can and I'm stuck asking them to feed it before he turns back into a small version. 

51 minutes ago, Zarn said:

Roger that , in the past we still recived content just no access to tek tier . Valguero was a head scratcher as to why we did not get it. Same with the Center.  I get extinction and genesis but still think we could get the maps just no Tek options . Wildcard also never communicates that the No Tek servers are being passed over . After Genisis I wont be purchasing further expansions until they launch and we know if our server cluster is being supported. At this point I'd be happy if they let us migrate off to other officials. 

I think it's more that you're lucky they haven't been closed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JadeValstrax910 said:

I would like to know if I'm the only one having trouble with several of the missions in Genesis. Namely, the Hunt missions. I start the mission, but no footprints show up. Not a single one. But it says that there was a "last seen footprint." I don't know whether it is bugged, or if I'm doing something wrong. Anyhow, if someone could Aid me in figuring this out, it would be most appreciated.

yea ive had this happen to me to where the other people in my group could see them. maybe mess with your gamma or try it at night. 

9 hours ago, Kelsiebug said:

To those who are BITCHING ABOUT GIGAS dude NOBODY FORCING YOU TO USE YOURS!!! Saying "bye to the challenge"? Unless you use a giga there's still a challenge for YOU like seriously stop ? just dont play the missions with people using gigas THAT FREAKING SIMPLE!

completely agree. there will still be a degree of difficultly to the alpha missions. they are not a walk in the park. this will help the ones that want to unlock the skift and not have to relay on paying another tribe to hit the button for us.