Community Crunch 223: Genesis Transfers, Fixes and On The Horizon

StudioWildcard

now with 2x breeding always on, this also means that alot of servers are high ping, which brings other nasty problems, abover 120ping the fertilized eggs are not reaching the ground when dropped from a female and egg incubation timers are totaly out of sync and surprise hatching on you all the time.

can you please fix these ?

@Dollie to be fair i really hate to read this open transfers. This never should have happened. Not only you will make the missions a faceroll, also the whole experience of Genesis is gone... I have never seen such a letdown from a gamers perspective in my 10.3k hours of ark. I really think you should reconcider this enabling of transfers, at least for dinos. I would just let it be able to transfer X-dinos or Genesis-specific dinos, but never allow to get any dino in this map. All the people who did the effort to get 168 missions must have had fun, but also feel stupid now. Genesis will become a face roll map. 

There is so much more that people can experience, but you take it all out. Now we will not only have laggy servers, where missions are less possible to do, but we also have gigas, rock drakes,... Might aswell let tek suits enabled... flyers enabled etc. It doesn't really matter to be honest... A dark day for the ark community

• Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, mogrot said:

@Dollie  公平地说,我真的很讨厌阅读此公开转账。这永远都不会发生。不仅您可以轻松完成任务,而且《创世纪》的全部体验都消失了……从我的10.3万小时方舟游戏中,我从未见过如此令人失望的游戏玩家。我真的认为您应该重新考虑这种转移的实现,至少对于恐龙而言。我只是希望它能够传输X-dinos或Genesis特有的恐龙,但绝不允许在此地图上获取任何恐龙。所有努力完成168个任务的人都一定很开心,但现在也感到愚蠢。创世纪将成为一张脸谱图。 

人们可以体验到更多的东西,但是您将其全部拿走了。现在,我们不仅将有无法完成任务的服务器,而且还有大型演出,岩龙等……也许还可以启用tek套装……启用传单等。老实...方舟社区的黑暗日子

Super agree

Thank you thank you thank you.

THIS is what a community Crunch should be.  Everything informative and straight to the point with clear information given out.  I love this one so much.  Thank you for the time it took for you to get all the information together and lay it out in a clean and efficient way.

So glad dinos that can be tamed off server are able to be brought over to genesis.

• Like 1

THANK YOU WC! 

I am SO SO happy with this crunch. I love genesis and I've been waiting for the transfers! I personally am THRILLED Gigas will be allowed, they are my

all time favorite dino. 

Thank you for all of the hard work and time you are putting into this game. And thank you for the x2 to keep us occupied ❤️

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, BossPaco said:

Seems I can exit to main now with my XB1X. I’m happy. Now to see if I can get on extinction without being DCd in wave 4 on my first ever OSD. Not being able to reconnect with my passive set wyvern was very stressful. Funny that this game causes me stress when I play to unwind. 

Thanks for fixing what you can. I do appreciate it very much. 

EDIT: Logged into extinction, looked around, went back to my shack so I could grab a bite and when exiting to main I got booted to xb home screen. I was able to leave Ragnarok and go to Extinction without trouble. Unsure if this is helpful at all. I rock a XB1X and this is obviously after today’s download. Hope you can find some relief soon. 

Just so I'm clear, you're also seeing a crash after going to the main menu when exiting while on Extinction using an XB1X?  FWIW I'm seeing that as well.

I have no idea if it's related, but also on our nitrado cluster my character has gotten duped 2 out of the 10 or so times I've transferred between extinction and valguero on our cluster.  :(

@Dollie

We seriously need to look into removing hatch frames from platform dinos. These are used to block turrets from hitting the dino, mostly used on the Paraceratherium and Quetzal. This makes it difficult to defend any base against essentially an exploit. See videos below.

https://streamable.com/ts3wvd

https://streamable.com/x44tda

https://streamable.com/ugh3wb

Please consider removing hatch frames from Platform saddles. Thank you. 

Edited by TES

Was like most on here who were hoping that dino transfer's would not happen on Genesis, seeing how they said "we cranked the difficulty way up" but yet there are plenty of people/tribes offering alpha runs of master controller for weeks now. There is no need for transfers of dinos all that will happen is it will become another ragnarok or extinction map A.K.A Dino storage lot. And these servers are plagued with crashes/kicks/rollbacks/1-2 min server saves and frequent lag spikes wanna-be breeders flock to rag and ext for the easy meat farming and gathering element.

I'd like to know what dino is so tanky that it needs the giga as a counter part in genesis, cyro podded dinos don't have cryo sickness anymore so you just have to toss out a few more dinos. The gigas will just make genesis a joke I haven't raised a giga since 675 melee and I solo purple drops without cheating with offline billboards or spike walls (its against CoC).

Would have been nice to actually have some server stability with the limited dinos on there wouldn't have every person trying to bring dinos there that should never be there in the 1st place. Prime example mana's allowed but not rideable so we can see a bases with 200 manas sitting there please don't get me started.  Just to breed their c#@p on [gen-one insert server number] and trade/sell said dino. Because people are already bored with Genesis with its lack of things to do and farming mats is so easy. 

Should have been a lot more dino restrictions like on aberration, than to just allow almost all the dinos just turning Genesis servers into a chit show performance wise because the ark gluttons/hoarders won't limit themselves to a reasonable size base nor dino count.

If anything just blue prints should be the only thing transferable in not dinos. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Ngl it has made me really happy that they have finally started to fix all these bugs and glitches and that meshing is so low now. Such a shame they couldn’t of done this sooner when the player base was much bigger but I would like to thank the devs for doing something and opening up to the fan base more. Keep it up

For everyone containing of open transfers, there is this amazing thing players can do. They can rent server spaces and design the setting how they choose, including the transfers. And if you can't afford it, there is probably a server already made, you just have to look

Edited by Nitrozeus2289
  • Like 1

Thoughts on an aberration revamp like the island? Thinking maybe a cool underwater cave system that would house some larger underwater creatures like tusos, plesis, and mosas? Also maybe allowing snow owls on the map but leaving them as unrideable like the manas will be on genesis? Owl pellets are annoying to transfer and it could make it nicer for us ab mains. 

4 hours ago, Duckhunter1030 said:

So you are going to ruin genesis with gigas and op rexs coming in. This game was a challenge but now it will simply be easy and pointless. Don’t be surprised when players stop playing this game altogether. So much for something new. 

Enabling transfers did not ruin SE, aberration, ragnarok, extinction, or valguero. Nobody is forcing you to use them, you can play with your crappy dinos all you want.