How you fell in Love with Ark

Zarn

How you fell in Love with Ark

I always remember my first night on.the island . Freezing to death and huddled around a campfire.  My bones broke just as a Trike stepped over me from the darkness. I thought he had broken my leg as opposed to the cold. I was hooked.. now 4600 hours later I'm still hooked. Although now I spend more time worried about  Megatribe politics on official , I still fondly remember that first night on the Ark. 

How about you? 

What made me fall in love with ARK? Simple.

I love dinosaurs :I

But seriously, the fact you can control dinosaurs won me over in a heartbeat. On top of that, just the general do-all, have-all feel of the game (in spite of usual in-game antics, mostly hostile in nature) meaning you can do just about whatever the hell you want. Make friends? Go for it. Make enemies? Easily done. Tame yourself an armada of super-mutated dodos and slaughter all that dare cross your path?...A little more difficult to accomplish, but whose gonna stop you? Aside from the usual suspects lol

I remember my first night on bob beach...I was huddled up with my best friend in a thatch hut while we tried to decipher the self-titled 'fog of hatred' over a roaming alpha raptor. We thought it was tracking us down, though looking back on it now, these AI creatures have no sense of 'tracking', just mindlessly running circles on itself. Another friend of ours was investigating while we chittered with fright and excitement in our hut of fibrous matter. Suddenly, he died...and we were thrown in to an absolute panic. We had no idea what to do! Where to go, how to fend it off, as it was obviously faster and stronger than us in our little bobby forms. Then our campfire dies, and the heightened state of adrenaline reaches new levels. I believe our friend returned, tore down a thatch wall, and told us yeeping harpies to effing RUN.

And we did.

I think then and there was when I realized that ARK was a whole new adventure for me. I haven't been so hooked to a game like this in a very long time, and I've been playing off and on for many years. Hopefully more~

I remember tranqing my first bronto. He spawned next to my little thatch box and trampled all the trees in the area (which don’t respawn cuz singleplayer). Once I learned tranq arrows I went to take him on. It was an intense battle but I won. Named the fella chad. I unfortunately deleted the save but I actually kinda felt attached to this bronto :(

Archived