Looking for ideas

Dinobros2000

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if it's already been done, but I thought of an idea centered around maintaining endangered species.

Here's some ideas with it.

There will only be a set amount of any specific creature on the map and once they are gone, they will not come back. Creatures that normally only spawn one, will have at least one male and female.

They can breed in the wild and protect their own young or revenge on those who attack or steal them. If you want to go even more in depth, you can have certain species abandon their young to fend for themselves making them a tiny threat to smaller creatures as they struggle to grow on their own.

wild offspring have a chance to be imprinted by humans but if the parents are not taken care of they could attack their own offspring touched by humans.

Humans can tame creatures as normal or collect fertilized eggs. They can also release creatures back into the wild by using the unclaim feature.

In this way players will have a lasting effect on what creatures survive or become extinct.

There can be many little nuances or options to select as well. Maybe even having a creature you returned to the wild recognize the one that imprinted them and decide not to eat them.

• 1 month later...
On 8/17/2020 at 1:55 AM, Omnifarius said:

I'm not sure if it's already been done, but I thought of an idea centered around maintaining endangered species.

Here's some ideas with it.

There will only be a set amount of any specific creature on the map and once they are gone, they will not come back. Creatures that normally only spawn one, will have at least one male and female.

They can breed in the wild and protect their own young or revenge on those who attack or steal them. If you want to go even more in depth, you can have certain species abandon their young to fend for themselves making them a tiny threat to smaller creatures as they struggle to grow on their own.

wild offspring have a chance to be imprinted by humans but if the parents are not taken care of they could attack their own offspring touched by humans.

Humans can tame creatures as normal or collect fertilized eggs. They can also release creatures back into the wild by using the unclaim feature.

In this way players will have a lasting effect on what creatures survive or become extinct.

There can be many little nuances or options to select as well. Maybe even having a creature you returned to the wild recognize the one that imprinted them and decide not to eat them.

Umm something close already, it’s calle the hunted I think.

Archived