Guide to Bosses and TEK gear

Tician

Hi there,

I am playing with 2 friends on Genesis - we started fresh when Genesis came out - and none of us has any idea how to reach some sort of "endgame" - we tamed a few Rexes, Allos, Spinos, bred and mutated Direwolfs and Baryonix' (probably useless for bosses, but those are our favourite dinos^^).

I want to slowly get into killing bosses, I know that on previous maps you can summon them with the items you get from killing wild Dinos, but I am not sure if you can do that on Genesis as well - and where. We have quite some TEK-items and I really want to have the cryofridge, but we can't use or craft them - I read we have to kill bosses (or the endboss?) to get the TEK replicator for example (we have one, but can't use it).

So I wonder: Where do we start? What's the easiest boss and where do we go on from that point?

easiest boss for me was the ape on the island, took in 19 rexs with 700-800 melee, 30k health, 70-90 armor saddles, and 1 yuty with a good saddle.  Put all the rexes to the right of the spot you arrive, right against the cliff, then pulled the ape to the rexes with the yuty, once he was down to the rexes just had them all attack, and kept them buffed with the yuty.

spider was the second easiest, dragon on island was a pain in the arse for alpha.

The manticore I was invited to join up with someone elses tribe, brought my own rex but they wanted me to use one of theirs. Gas mask required (best to have 2 or 3) shotgun with 200%+ dam, 200 shells, flak armor.  The rex they had me ride had 38k health and 900+ melee (don't remember exactly) . all the non-rode rexes were controlled by 1 player, who took out the mobs of rockgolems and deathworms,  the rest of us were responsable to shotgun the manitcore till it landed (or was at a sliver of health).  after it landed, the rexes rushed it and finished it off.

the valguero bosses went pretty quick, pretty much the same setup for them on gamma and beta, after arrriving waited for the dragon to come to the rexs, and killed it off, you want to kill the dragon as fast as possible after the fight starts, the longer it lives the more damage its fire breath does, best if you can attack it from the sides, after the dragons dead, we'd take out the ape, then shotgun the manticore till it landed (or was at a sliver of health) and had the rexes finish it off.  best if you have 4-5 people going in so you can do more damage to the manticore faster.  used 200%+ damage shotguns, 200 ammo,  flak armor, and 2 gasmasks for each player in the fight, simulates on everyone as well just incase the manticore knocks em out.

hope that helps.

I forgot about that: We killed the Spider in the lair on Valguero quite easily with just a few Direwolves + a Daeodon for healing, but I am not sure if that counts as a boss since it wasn't summoned.

Thanks for the structured description, I really appreciate it, but now I think we need some years more in order to get Rexes with that high HP and Atk values x.x I thought the gamma-bosses could be done with some smaller stuff ;-;

38 minutes ago, Tician said:

I just noticed, we need artifacts to spawn bosses - bu artifacts don't exist on Genesis, so we can't do bosses. How can we unlock TEK-items in Genesis? For example TEK Claws or TEK Replicator, we have the items but we can't place or equip them. Do we really have to defeat that final boss?

You unlock the Engrams by killing the !MISSION!-Bosses, you will need an amount of mission finished to be able to "hop-in" (teleport) to the boss. 

Just take Moeder as example: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Moeder,_Master_of_the_Ocean#Gamma_Moeder, every stage unlocks other tekgrams . You find him in the mission board under the ocean biom table

Here's the "endboss": https://ark.gamepedia.com/Corrupted_Master_Controller#Gamma

Hope this clears things up :)

19 hours ago, Tician said:

I forgot about that: We killed the Spider in the lair on Valguero quite easily with just a few Direwolves + a Daeodon for healing, but I am not sure if that counts as a boss since it wasn't summoned.

Thanks for the structured description, I really appreciate it, but now I think we need some years more in order to get Rexes with that high HP and Atk values x.x I thought the gamma-bosses could be done with some smaller stuff ;-;

it doesn't take years to get the rexes up on their damage,  just a lot of breeding, scrap the bad baby hatchlings, and keep the good ones, always make sure both male and female family lines have room for mutations to improve your chances of getting mutations.  You can get 500 melee base rexes up to 30k health and 700-800 melee :)

On 4/27/2020 at 8:47 AM, Tician said:

Hi there,

I am playing with 2 friends on Genesis - we started fresh when Genesis came out - and none of us has any idea how to reach some sort of "endgame" - we tamed a few Rexes, Allos, Spinos, bred and mutated Direwolfs and Baryonix' (probably useless for bosses, but those are our favourite dinos^^).

I want to slowly get into killing bosses, I know that on previous maps you can summon them with the items you get from killing wild Dinos, but I am not sure if you can do that on Genesis as well - and where. We have quite some TEK-items and I really want to have the cryofridge, but we can't use or craft them - I read we have to kill bosses (or the endboss?) to get the TEK replicator for example (we have one, but can't use it).

So I wonder: Where do we start? What's the easiest boss and where do we go on from that point?

I u really want to follow the lore of the game you will need to follow this order -- The Island, killing all the bosses u will be able to go into the tek cave to ascend and then move to Scorched earth, at there u have to kill the manticore, there is not ascention because devs just decided there was no time to include that, then u will go to abberration where u have to kill rockwell to ascend again and move to extintion, there u have to tame the three titans and with them u have to kill the king titan to ascend again and move to genesis.... in the process u will be able to transfer your dinos to keep your breeding lines getting better with mutations, every boss require different strategies and dinos, some of them do not require dinos if u know some secret recipes like the cactus broth, wich we use to kill alpha rockwell with no dinos, just shotguns.... I have my personal channel where i share with my friends out boss fights on officials servers. https://www.youtube.com/user/erickicaza

GL in your Journey.

1 hour ago, SpCowboy said:

... and move to extintion, there u have to tame the three titans and with them u have to kill the king titan to ascend again and move to genesis....

you don't have to tame the titans to kill the king titan, some friends did it with meks n' rexs to deal with the dino's on the ground.  plenty of youtube videos showing that its possible as well...

May be worth mentioning not only to focus on Rexes if killing bosses is your intention. While Rexes (And Yuty combo) are in favor for most killing, you will come to surprise that such powerhouse strategy may not be as easy as it seems.

If you plan to kill bosses once you have the stat of the dino, there are a few things to note:

• Moeder can be started at any time in the giant mission terminal found deep under water in Ocean Biome, but if you don't have decent water dinos stat bred like Mosa and Basilo, you are gonna have a bad time. I would advise against using Spino, as good as it is.
    • You can find the location of that terminal by marking the mission "One Tough Moeder". Be mindful of the aggressive dinos lurking there.
      • P.S: Bring Health Brew. 
  • Corrupted Master Controller requires you to clear specific number of mission before you can start at any time. No tributes or any of that schnitck. Just number of cleared missions (Based on difficulty) for the one starting the fight (others don't need the amount of cleared mission). This can be started via using the "Arrival Protocol" from HLN-A.
    • On that topic, you need to make sure the missions you are doing are up to your skillset, dino and equipments. Alpha missions are no joke, especially if you want to kill a specific creature for the said mission.
    • Also, if you friends are from an ally tribe, their dino won't come with them (but they do). However, a work around would be to claim their dino, and once everyone warps in, unclaim and let them claim back before the cohorts warps in.
      • P.S: Bring Lesser Antidote.
    • This boss also follows the same limit as that of other boss arena: 10 Survivor, 20 Dino, within Drag Weight limitation. Don't even think about bringing dinos like Rock Elemental and Giganotosaurus over. lol.

Well, I am not yet thinking about doing the Master Controller even though we started breeding Tek Rexes now - nothing big yet, still trying to get a 0/0 male and female for the start.

We are looking forward to kill Moeder on Gamma soon, we have a giant army of bred and imprinted Barys (10k HP, 600% Atk) and trying to tame some Mosas to ride, but this is really hard. First of the issue to find one with a decent level and the next step to lure it into the small cave we blocked with a behemoth gate in order to tame it. Since we started on Genesis we aren't able to even have any Giga tamed - as far as I know there aren't any on that map - and we don't have the platforms and canon required to tame a rock-golem, so they are out of choice anyway^^

Archived