Which of these 6 Cave Creatures do you want to get a TLC in TLC phase 3

Scribelord

Which of these 6 Cave Creatures do you want to get a TLC in TLC phase 3  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you think needs a TLC the most?

• Araneo
    • Megalania
    • Arthropleura
    • Pulmonoscorpius
    • Titanoboa
    • Onyc

On 4/27/2020 at 6:26 AM, Aylana314159 said:

Araneo would seem a bit redundant, its should have had some of the abilities of the bloodstalker.

With the power creep of the DLCs, it makes most the original creatures useless. Balance is needed.

I personally would like to see weaknesses on creatures.

Nobody really cares about it though and that's the point especially if its tamable 

I can get them being weak at certain points but I think theres alot of ways it can be improved without making it too much like the Bloodstalker 

Honestly the way I view it:

Araneo = new model to make it look more like a actual spider, abilities and resize

Megalania = new model and resize (not too large but a buff in size would be quite nice)

Arthropleura = fix it's incredibly stupid looking face, like seriously it looks so good up until it's face

Pulmonoscorpius = grab ability 

Titanoboa = Remodel, new abilities, slight size buff, rideable 

Onyc = remodel, new abilities, resize, rideable 

3 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

I honestly think there needs to be more creatures in the caves, different ones at least. I think maybe a new kitteh, some different lizards perhaps, or maybe a few mammals to help mix up the old "bats, snakes, and creepy crawlers" theme that seems to be constant in almost all the caves.

Yea that would be nice, occasionally a cave includes a creature that's not normal like a sarco or megalosaurus but for the most part it's similar 

I also like the idea of a alpha cave creature (something like a alpha megalania or araneo I think would fit perfectly as mini bosses in a cave)

9 hours ago, Scribelord said:

Yea that would be nice, occasionally a cave includes a creature that's not normal like a sarco or megalosaurus but for the most part it's similar I also like the idea of a alpha cave creature (something like a alpha megalania or araneo I think would fit perfectly as mini bosses in a cave)

I agree completely with the alpha cave creature's. Granted, Id hate to run into one on foot without a tame, but maybe one where you could use a thylo

• 7 months later...

All of them
Heres some of my ideas

Megalania: a small remodel, New ability (Spit): It acts like dillo venom but it does more damage over time and lowers stamina (can be immune if you have Lesser, gasmask or Hazard suit, Adds poison to dinos (lowers HP and stamina (does more damage if you have more Max health), Able to climb with limitless Stamina (so no need to hop off) (Abbernet version spawns in Blue zone) and There eggs can be used to make Light blue Kibble

Spider: New model, has hair, looks a bit bigger and looks like a much of spiders together, able to climb walls, Jump/leap!, Very Nibble/Fast, Able to change its weeb types like stego! And able to spawn on AB in Every zone!
Weeb fling: Slows down target and you deal extra damage to target

Weeb Work: able to wrap weebs on builds or dinos to add armor to them (very handy for fights) for buildings it adds extra protection/health and for dinos it acts as Armor (will go away when attacked though)

Weeb Wire: able to drag targets to you and can inject them with venom for health (like bloodstalker) and can move yourself around better (a poor man's bloodstalker) and can be use to drag people off mounts (useful in cave bases) 

Weeb Bola: able to fire a Bola like weeb to stop targets (need to fire more for bigger targets)

Arthro: New model, with these weird tingly things on its face, able to Fire a Spray of Acid like a shotgun/flamethrower at a short range or fire a long range acid shoot, Able to climb up walls a bit, able to spawn in swamps, Most animals (Aside from sloths) will not attack you

Scorpion: New model: has little hairs on its stinger, and looks mean! can spawn in new colors (dark blue, desert sand, Brown, Black, grey and Crimson) 
Able to uses ether claw or stinger (claw attack breaks armor better and is able to Grab someone if there health is low enough (for player it has to be 25% less) or uses stinger stinger does torpor and can be set to only uses that attack!, and has a AOE spin! they will do a 360 spin with there stinger and deal damage!
They also produce 1 Narcotic every hour. and they have natural Armor!

Bat: New model, Able to land or ground or ceiling, gain pack buff, Able to screech and makes bats stronger.

Titanoboa: New model, Both poisonous and constrictor (great!), Able to Leap at targets, able to Latch on to target like Dien and able to either bite or Inject venom, Rideable (its slightly bigger) Able to Grab eggs without making mom mad, Can grab small targets and eat them (they can only grab humans)

When they wrap around a Target they lower oxygen so dinos can suffocate, and the snake can bite or inject venom to kill a target faster!  

2 hours ago, Udam said:

Most animals (even sloths) don't attack them do there acid blood.

:/ that removes a large amount of said sloths purpose and proper function.

Titanoboa: New model, Both poisonous and constrictor 

My time in swamps goes down 50%, from .5% I now only spend .25% of my ark time in swamps, that is 1/400

don't make it more powerful like your doing, make it usefull

All of them really, but to very different degrees. 

Megalania- Really only needs stat buffs, around Thyla level in terms of basically everything, maybe even stronger seeing as how it's slower. Definitely better health, melee, and better movement speed than what it has now. Doesn't need any new abilities or anything. 

Arthropleura- Doesn't need any changes, good as is. If something HAD to be changed, I'd make it an omnivore to nod to the fact that IRL Arthros were herbivorous. 

Araneo- Definitely a new set of abilities, though I do like its model as is. Maybe make them a pack animal that when tamed will work together to web up larger targets like Rexes and stuff to make taming at lower levels a little easier. 

Pulmono- Also just needs new abilities, though a change to the face are wouldn't be unwarranted. I think a "Chitin Armor" type thing would be cool. High damage resistance at high health, and as you get lower the damage resistance goes down(Like a snowball effect) but your damage and speed go up, allowing the Scorpion to get out of sticky situations better. Also buff the damage to torpor value to make tranqing easier, and add a tracking icon above creatures the scorpion is currently tranqing(Has hit in the last 20 seconds or so).

Onyc: Don't really know how to make these guys better, maybe buff their tamed movement speed and give them a pack boost or some kind of armor. Unmountableable creatures are harder to TLC than mountable ones are. 

Titanoboa: Change the name of current Titanoboa to Gigantophis and remove the frill. Then, give the name Titanoboa to a snake a little over the length of a Rex found in rivers and swamps. The new Titanoboa focuses on squeezing prey to death, and can even wrap around the likes of Mammoths and Rexes. People and ridden tames can struggle away from a wild Titanoboa the same way you can from a Bloodstalker, but it's more difficult. This squeeze does damage and torpor. Their main bite attacks do not inflict Torpor, as Titanoboa are not venomous. To tame a Titanoboa, you must KO them and feed them fertilized Eggs(Basically the same as they are now but not passive). When tamed, Titanoboa make for good combat and taming mounts. They have good health and moderate melee, with respectable speed on land and in water. When using a tamed Titanoboa's squeeze, you must play a minigame to damage and tranq targets. If you do not, the Titanoboa can be used as a bear trap, holding targets in place while a tribemember tranqs the creature. If you do play the minigame(Similar to the Mammoth War drums but a little more fast paced) the Titanoboa will squeeze its target. With every successful completion of the minigame, the damage and torpor done will go higher and higher, capping at a 75% boost. 

On 12/4/2020 at 11:57 AM, Dinobros2000 said:

:/ that removes a large amount of said sloths purpose and proper function.

My time in swamps goes down 50%, from .5% I now only spend .25% of my ark time in swamps, that is 1/400

don't make it more powerful like your doing, make it usefull

the sloth can still attack them and get the buff, but in the WILD, they don't. if tamned yes, but roaming in the wild they are left alone. (i may remove)

and the snake, they bite small targets, but they constrict large targets (like sarcos, rexs, brontos etc (like a dien) Humans would be too small to do it unless you want to be turned into paste...

On 12/4/2020 at 12:04 PM, GP said:

You didn't add Megalosaurus to the list, technically a cave creature. That would be my choice.

i was going to list that one but i forgot it lol

heres my idea of it.

Awake/tired: When awake they walk clumsily but they still move pretty fast but stam drains faster, and they still work well, they can still pick up targets but its not as good, they can run and attack as fast as a normal one, but its better if you attack at night! (so they are not useless in the day but if you let them sleep in they will get better or you set them to night only. 

Sleep in: if you let them sleep in for say 9 hours in real life, they can move the same as the night version and have the same attacks but does not have damage resistance and Hunter vision! 

Night: they take less damage (even fall damage), They have hunter vision (its like bloodstalker vision), Attack much faster! same movement speed, Roar makes targets do less damage (like mammoth), When they grab a target they violently Thrash them around (if you deal damage to it it will stun it and drop you) 

(Camo) they have skin cells called chromatophores and it acts like a chameleon, allowing them to blend in with their environment. not fully but it makes them match the area
(note: it does not make them cloke like a Drake, just makes their skin change color of their environment and you get a (Hidden buff). (so if you're in the snow it will turn white, if you're in a jungle you turn green with brown, if you go to the mountains they turn gray, if you go to the desert he turns Sand color. what even color is around him, he will turn that color!) (even the AB version!)

Slight new animations, and a Very small remodel (just updated to look better) 

My changes personally:

Spider: Remodel to be a bit smaller, venom attack that drains health slowly and a alpha spider kinda thing would be cool.

Scorpion: First of all it must not spawn outside caves (except deserts and wyvern trenches) because it makes it both annoying and creepy. Also it needs grab ability and it needs to produce a venom that is like 5-10 times stronger than narcotics.  Also it needs a remodel and changes in the hitbox.

Megalania: Needs to be bigger and needs a spit attack that will make you blind for 20 seconds also needs to spawns rarely at swamps.

Onyc: Needs a buff and needs to be bigger also must be a shoulder mount.

Arthropleura: Needs to be territorial and must be an omnivore.

Titanboa: Needs to be bigger.

The araneo should have less giggle sounds because there annoying and should have actual fangs instead of that weird mouth it has right now.

Megalania shouldn't spawn in swamps, it lived in the deserts and grasslands of Australia.

Onyc should be tamed with chitin and not be aggressive. 

Arthropluera should also not be aggressive, it was a scavenger like every other millipede.

Titanoboa should be able to grab and constrict dinos and be semi aquatic, and have no venom. It was a python, not a cobra.

17 hours ago, birdguy0705 said:

The araneo should have less giggle sounds because there annoying and should have actual fangs instead of that weird mouth it has right now.

Megalania shouldn't spawn in swamps, it lived in the deserts and grasslands of Australia.

Onyc should be tamed with chitin and not be aggressive. 

Arthropluera should also not be aggressive, it was a scavenger like every other millipede.

Titanoboa should be able to grab and constrict dinos and be semi aquatic, and have no venom. It was a python, not a cobra.

I think they should spawn rarely in the swamps ,very rarely the jungles and the badlands and dunes of SE and Rag.

bat: i all want for bats is to just land lol

arthro:......

Titanoboa. i like this but why not both? the ark does some freaky stuff to animals. why not make it both venomous and a Constrictor 

small things like humans, dodos, and dilos it uses its venom to knock out animals, to big dinos like parars, sacros and even spinos, they can Leap up and wrap around a area to make the sufficate, they can also inject venom as well! 

(like a Dien but more scary)

Archived