Losing hope

Hey everyone, guess I'm looking for advice? I started playing Ark on the mobile edition and since have switched over to ps4. I started on unofficial with a group of friends so they could learn how to play with the intentions of switching to Official PVP. Only 3 of us including myself ended up playing on Official PVP. However we just kept getting raided by mega tribes leaving us with no room to grow, expand or enjoy the game. So we tried our luck on Official PVE and so far I'm finding it to be extremely annoying between the constant lag, that kicks us offline, especially when flying, pillars everywhere and massive builds that leave no room on the entire map to build.

I guess I just need advice before I lose hope on playing this game.

Official PVP = constant raids, unable to advance or grow.

Official PVE = constant lag, no room to build. 

Help ?

You and your friends are welcome to play on my PS4 PvE server. Obstructive building is against the rules in my server. Those not adhering to that rule are banned and their structures demolished.

The only lag I have noticed on my server is when large structures render, then there’s lag for a few seconds as the large structure renders in. Once it has done so, it’s smooth again. 

My server is based in UK. 

Further details: 

on official pvp server:

1. pick an island, center, se, valg or ab server with a high pop that isn't being attacked.

2. Build small base with no tames. Don't tame.

3. Don't talk in general chat till you see who the mega tribe is on server.

4. Ask to speak to mega identifying yourself as a small tribe that wants to build here but first wants to ask permission.

5. Offer to help mega farm for server defense. 

6. If mega says no leave then don't argue about it go back to step 1 and start over.

7. If mega says yes farm for mega and assist in server defense and try to make friends with them.

8. Ask to be put on Do Not Raid list of mega but if you are raided don't complain just rebuild as you didn't build much (see rule 2). If told to leave go to step #1. DON'T COMPLAIN.

Do this but go slow and don't rush. There are a lot of raiders that pretend to be doing what you and your friends are doing and the mega will be skeptical of you at first. You will be attacked several times don't hold it against them as they are often going to error on the side of caution for their tribe. Eventually it will work and you will be on a server where you will have time and space to build up but be warned once you do, all of that megas enemies will become yours. And they will try to kill you.

glhf.

1 hour ago, johnm81 said:

on official pvp server:

1. pick an island, center, se, valg or ab server with a high pop that isn't being attacked.

4. Ask to speak to mega identifying yourself as a small tribe that wants to build here but first wants to ask permission.

6. If mega says no leave then don't argue about it go back to step 1 and start over.

7. If mega says yes farm for mega and assist in server defense and try to make friends with them.

8. Ask to be put on Do Not Raid list of mega but if you are raided don't complain just rebuild as you didn't build much (see rule 2). If told to leave go to step #1. DON'T COMPLAIN.

Do this but go slow and don't rush. There are a lot of raiders that pretend to be doing what you and your friends are doing and the mega will be skeptical of you at first. You will be attacked several times don't hold it against them as they are often going to error on the side of caution for their tribe. Eventually it will work and you will be on a server where you will have time and space to build up but be warned once you do, all of that megas enemies will become yours. And they will try to kill you.

glhf.

This is a joke right?  Buy a game to play so you can have other people tell you how you should play it ?  Just stop please     LOL    C'Mon 

2 hours ago, AirplaneSlider said:

This is why I play singleplayer lol. Singleplayer is just as fun.

I wanted to play single player, but on a server so that I could have the chance of actually randomly bumping into another survivor an/or seeing their bases, without having to play with or against them. Didn’t want to PvP.  That’s why I started my own server. Now I can play how I want and have some control over who can play on my Island. ?

Have you thought of starting your own server so you can play with those you trust?

Yeah so I'm noticing. Unfortunately I think I may just have to do some research, buy/rent an unofficial server and hopefully set it to official settings. I completely agree, it is a lose/lose situation to be in. When I tried Official PVP my tribe and I moved from The Island to Extinction, brought our stuff and were wiped before we even had a chance to set up. We tried our luck again, only to be wiped again from resources to tames(don't know why we thought it was a good idea). As for Official PVE, I'll say this, the bases, builds and tames from other players are impressive and beautiful, just unfortunate I won't be able to find a spot. I currently just put so much work into my small build only to find out it's a raptor spawn point and every time I go on I'm dead ?? 

Questions to buying/renting a server:

1. How do I do it? Tips/tricks?

2. Can I cluster maps together? Tribe would consider The Island, Ragnarok, Valguero and possibly some others that we've purchased such as Scorched Earth and Extinction. If yes, how?

P.s. Sorry guys I'm new to the forums and don't know how to direct replies.

3 minutes ago, CrystalSpace said:

Questions to buying/renting a server:

1. How do I do it? Tips/tricks?

2. Can I cluster maps together? Tribe would consider The Island, Ragnarok, Valguero and possibly some others that we've purchased such as Scorched Earth and Extinction. If yes, how?

1. Either rent or run the server software on your own hardware.

2. Yes clusters are possible, but it does get expensive if you rent. Cause you have to rent a server for each map.

You could always look for a community to join. 

Edit: I think PS4 is the only platform with no option to run on your own hardware and renting is required.

4 hours ago, johnm81 said:

on official pvp server:

glhf.

"asks permission" to play a game you bought. Lmao. So glad I don't play official

11 hours ago, XxxGodzxxX said:

This is a joke right?  Buy a game to play so you can have other people tell you how you should play it ?  Just stop please     LOL    C'Mon 

The game you are buying is many games that you can play official, unofficial, single player, ect. But if you 'choose' to play on official you are also getting into a game of war, economics, and yes  diplomacy. You MUST play the diplomacy game or the mega will play the raid game. Your choice. Live with the consequences.

You're absolutely right, I should expect nothing less then to have people who are level 100+ with gigas, manas and dragons to come destroy my 2x2 stone huthut. They obviously needed my thatch and flint. Next time I'll just leave the door open with a sign up that says "Don't destroy. Just take."

There's no competition when you bring a gun to a fist fight. 

Hence why I'll be staying on my official pve or some unofficials my friends have until I can purchase my own server.

27 minutes ago, FullyGinger said:

I thought this was about lag and getting kicked. It’s really awful to put all that effort into your game and suffer loss, not because it’s part of the game (being eaten, etc. lol) but because the game keeps crashing. 

Yeah. Losing stuff to glitches and disconnects sucks. Just glad WC gave us server software to be able to play on good hardware.

Archived