ASM - Availability: Waiting for Publication Issue

Linkx32

ASM - Availability: Waiting for Publication Issue

Issue: Server running through ASM is found on LAN but not reachable for external network. ASM shows Availability as "Waiting for Publication" Server does not show in public server list and connecting directly through IP does not work either.

Troubleshooting already performed:
1. Ensured Server port: 7777 and Query port 27015 are forwarded to my local server IP of 192.168.2.25
2. Tried enabling Raw Sockets and forwarding ports 7777 and 7778.
3. Turned off servers local windows firewall entirely.

On this machine I have had public Minecraft servers run with no issues in the past.
Something about Ark and ASM in particular I suspect is being blocked from broadcasting by my network firewall. (Untangle Firewall - For anyone who's familiar with it).
I do not see anything explicitly blocking it anywhere in the firewall but suspect some aspect of it may be getting implicitly blocked. 

To anyone who may be more familiar with the way Ark and ASM function to broadcast and make servers available publicly....Any ideas what may be causing this issue or rules I may need to put into my firewall to fix this? Any other ideas?

Thanks For the Help.

Ignore the "Waiting for Publication" part of ASM. See if your server is visible on Battlemetrics.

That feature is pretty useless. Mine finally stopped showing "waiting for publication" after we had been public for a couple of weeks. It was obviously in the lists long before that.

Just check that you can connect externally.

I've had this waiting for publication issue before and it was always something wrong with port forwarding with the router, firewall, something along those lines. After I resolved those issues the waiting for publication went away and the servers were in an available status. I think even on the ASM forums they tell you that portforwarding/firewall is the issue for this. Double check that on your server box and you should sort it out. 

Waiting for publication isn't definitive that there is an issue, its best to see if your server is available through other means. Ark-servers.net is my goto since you can set your server up immediately, Battlemetrics can take a day or two before it shows up. My servers showed waiting for publication for several months due to a double NAT issue but were still publicly accessible and visible on the server lists. That said ASM doesn't do anything other set the configuration parameters so once the config is generated ASM can be removed and your server will still function just without the GUI tools to start and stop your server. I would double check your port forwarding settings if those are good maybe try a different port. You might also try a different ethernet port if you have one, ran into an issue last week helping another admin where his 10gb port wouldn't accept the port assignment.

Thanks for all the responses. I should not have put the focus on the waiting for publication message. The real issue underlying is my server is not responding to requests for connection. 

I work in network administration and can safely say without a doubt that my port forwarding is set up correctly. 

Yesterday I used Wireshark to confirm a friends ip reaching out to my server on the correct port and hitting my server box. But my server is sending (back to my friends IP) an icmp error saying nothing can be found on that port. 

I have disabled windows firewall completely. 

I tried both with and without raw socket enabled. At this point I'm seriously convinced it's a problem with either ASM or the server application itself. 

If anyone has any other ideas besides checking firewalls or port forwarding it would be greatly appreciated because I am at a total loss at this point. 

*edit* - I should also specifically mention the server is not being found under steams server lists when added specifically by ip and port. You just get the standard message "server not responding" 

I can confirm it isn't and issue with ASM, if you can confirm your runserver.cmd file has the correct ports you configured within ASM. You can also check your listening ports in resource monitor to see if your ports are being assigned to shootergame.exe. You should see the server port+1 and your query port. That's how we caught the 10gb port that wasn't cooperating, it was showing a random server port. Are you able to connect via LAN? Also what are you using for a router? 

Archived