Timeouts when joining friends non dedicated server with mods.

FreakonFlight

Timeouts when joining friends non dedicated server with mods.

Every single time I try to join my friends non dedicated server I get a timeout message but my other friend can join. I've tried port forwarding, disabling my firewall, validating my game files (many many times). I have all the mods installed that the server host has and can also join other servers. I've noticed that whenever my friend joins the non dedicated server he gets a message that says loading mods 0 out of 24 until he joins that server. But I never get that loading mods page? It did however work once, I never changed anything just tried a different day and it just worked? I got the loading mods page and it joined the server? I feel like I've spent more time troubleshooting this than actually playing the game. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Since the mods are big they aren’t fully downloading in the time it takes to join the server so the game times out.  Continuously connecting will allow all the mods to finish eventually.  Or the player needs to download the exact mods by subscribing to them from steamshop.  Both routes take time to finish downloading.

Archived