What are your go-to dinos when you first start a new ark for the island

MrGerge

#1) A raft. 

-Yes I consider that a dino.

-just hit notes till you get enough xp

#2) ptera

-now you have a raft so go to herb island in the bottom right corner of the map, taming ptera is easy here because there are no carnivore to run up and eat it

#3)anky is also easy to tame over on herb

#4)moschops

-fairly easy tame

-useful kibble

#5) now you should be metal tier, and have moschops kibble. It is time to go hunt down an argent !!! after that the island is your oyster. :)

before taming anything - i craft about 200 cloth hats (maybe more) to gain a few levels so i can make narco for taming.

ptera->argy->anky->doedic->bronto->rex

ptera - usful for scouting and pulling argy into trap

argy - good for weight / exploration / meat.

anky - good for metal & berries.

doedic - good for stone.

bronto - better for berries, good for wood.

Rex - good for meat / boss fights / defense.

this is my normal lineup. allows me to start building stone early on for my base, and get all the base crafting things going quicker.

Nice for me it is something like 

Moschops- Easy to tame and if u ride it u can take out some harder dinos ( High lvl ones leveled in health and melee can kill rexes easily)

Raptor- I normally wait for other tames until I get a raptor they are fast and with rider weaponry you can use then to tame other things

Trike?- If I am making a base in the spot I start off in I normally tame a trike

Pteranodon- Good for transport and taming argies 

Next it depends if I am moving to make a permanent base or staying there, somethings i go for are argies, thylas, dire bears, or an underwater tame.

• 6 months later...

I find Iguanadon a good early tame, it  is excellent transport,  enough health to take on dilos and raptors etc, fast enough to get away from the stuff it can't take on one to one 

With no stamina drain when running on 4 legs it really opens up the Island, helps you get around to tame those other utility dinos you need early game.

It can farm berries and even turn them into seeds if you need such a thing. 

Trike for thatch, berries - Ptera for flying - Raft for mobile earlygame base - Argy for jack-of-all-trades mount

From there: Phiomia for fertilizer, doed and anky for resources, mammoth or beaver for wood. Beelze for relatively easy cpaste before snails.

From there: Direwolf, baro, sabertooth or other "medium combat" dino for early caves: Dung beetles from those caves for better fertilizer (and some oil), tame giant bees for honey, tame achatinas for easy paste.

Once entering ocean, baronyx is a great first tame (reasonably good stats, spin/stun attack is great) and Basilosaur is, of course, a must-have.

Should mention I exclusively play singleplayer, so that affects my choices.

for me 1st is always ankilo : easy to tame, good for berries and nacoberries, good for defense,

next, doe, argentavis and ptera are all needed.

Brontosaure and diplo are a must have too : Diplo for farmig (it is fast and have weight), Bronto for defense, berries and plateform for "expeditions".

A theri is terribly good to have as soon as you can. But very hard to have at start
And as soon as you can too, a Rex

But the 1st one I taming is always ankilosaure for me at start 😀

Archived