Arrival protocol question

iedwa003

8 hours ago, iedwa003 said:

Arrival protocol question

I fought and defeated the master controller on PS4 single player. After going back to the map I didn't have any of my gear or the dinos I brought to the fight. Is there somewhere specific that they respawn or is everything I brought with me just gone?

From my understanding, sometimes the gear you have on despawns (thats wht you hear ppl saying put everything on a dino). The dinos should spawn where you activated the mission.

the gear gets dropped in the arena.   Its because wildcard used the same cut scene code that the Tek Cave uses, which has the same exact problem.   This is why everyone says stick everything on your dino before it exits you,  just like with the Tek Cave you most likely will drop all items when it exits you.

You'd think they would of addressed that problem when they decided to reuse the Tek Cave Coding for the cut scene, but I guess they figure 'it works properly, enough'.  Who knows, perhaps the individual who coded it used some cryptic coding algorithms and no longer works there, and the current coders can't decipher the coding. ? 

on a serious note - they should of fixed the coding before even thinking about using it for something in new DLC.

2 hours ago, caleb68 said:

the gear gets dropped in the arena.   Its because wildcard used the same cut scene code that the Tek Cave uses, which has the same exact problem.   This is why everyone says stick everything on your dino before it exits you,  just like with the Tek Cave you most likely will drop all items when it exits you.

You'd think they would of addressed that problem when they decided to reuse the Tek Cave Coding for the cut scene, but I guess they figure 'it works properly, enough'.  Who knows, perhaps the individual who coded it used some cryptic coding algorithms and no longer works there, and the current coders can't decipher the coding. ? 

on a serious note - they should of fixed the coding before even thinking about using it for something in new DLC.

Is that a random thing? Normally I spawn on a new character, kill it, download my normal one and still have all my gear. That's also what happened to us at master controller. No gear was left or put on dinos.

4 hours ago, semo said:

Is that a random thing? Normally I spawn on a new character, kill it, download my normal one and still have all my gear. That's also what happened to us at master controller. No gear was left or put on dinos.

seems to happen more often then not with the tek cave. the way you wrote that confuses me though, you say you kill it with character b then download character a?

or after the fight, you create a new character, kill yourself, then download the character you went into the fight with?  haven't heard anyone say they do it that way, perhaps thats a way to keep from losing items then

On 4/25/2020 at 3:33 PM, caleb68 said:

seems to happen more often then not with the tek cave. the way you wrote that confuses me though, you say you kill it with character b then download character a?

or after the fight, you create a new character, kill yourself, then download the character you went into the fight with?  haven't heard anyone say they do it that way, perhaps thats a way to keep from losing items then

After the cutscene I hit the end button and come back to the screen with all our beds. Maybe I could already download the character at this point, but usually nobody realizes at this point and spawns at a bed, Then Im usually on a fresh lvl 1 character I didnt even make. So I kill it, and next time at the screen with the beds I go to download survivor, where I find my main character with the gear as well. Thats official PS4 for me.

Like those guys say as well: https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/1692659769962949366/

At least for master controller we also kept the gear throughout the download process. Tek cave has been a while, but I think it was the same for us.

Archived