How Do Genesis Transfers Work / Best Way to Get Magmasaurs?

Charyzard

How Do Genesis Transfers Work / Best Way to Get Magmasaurs?

(I'm on official PVE if it matters)

1. What is transferable? I assume dinos can be transferred off now since I see a bunch of the new dinos in peoples' bases. Can I transfer my own dinos there too and transfer them back? I always pod them and upload instead of uploading the physical dino to the obelisk since trying this doesn't work for me anymore for some odd reason.

2. How do you transfer off? I was told its super easy, like you can just 'teleport to the terminal' or something. My fear is that it is like Abberation where unless you have a tek teleporter, its a nightmare getting off. 

3. Best way to get magamsaur eggs without dying? I had the idea of transferring my rock drake to get eggs since it can easily climb in and out of the volcano trench. It has a really good saddle on it too so unless the volcano erupts I'm not worried about dying to magmasaurs. Was going to do a test run in singleplayer to make sure I know what I'm doing beforehand if this is possible. I also own a bloodstalker and a ferox, but I am not too familiar with how they work yet and I only have 1 of each. I have a thylacoleo as well that I could use to climb out. 

I know that magamsaurs eat only a specific type of rock taken from deposits on the moon biome, does their food spoil? Would I be better off just raising the baby in a small base on Genesis and then transferring it back when it is grown or is it not hard to mine a bunch of rocks and transfer them to the home server?

Any advice/answers are appreciated, I want to make sure I know exactly what the deal is and what I'm doing before I go there. Haven't gotten to play around on there in singleplayer yet. 

Archived