Improvement Ideas for Drops, Water and Mushrooms

singalty

Improvement Ideas for Drops, Water and Mushrroms

Hi guys.

First don't get me wrong I love ab and its where I spend the most time on our cluster. But we have had a lot of negative feedback from newer players about the map and I am attempting to consolidate some suggestions that I think would make it more appealing.

1) Finding a drop. "How do I leave aberration??" This is the number one most overwhelming complaint, some leaving ab forever over this one thing.

Suggestion: Almost every new player tries to tame a bulbdog. Add "Show nearest drop when lit" option, as a player-only-sees beam directly to the nearest drop location for five seconds (no path finding)

2) Where's my water? There is obviously mixed success with condensation tanks from the many posts I have read on the subject. Wildcard should properly address this so condensers are more reliable and productive on aberration (2x) granting full irrigation effects for the cooker etc similar to the well update (ab only). Also pipe height limits are a ridiculous concept on ab and should be eliminated for that map.

3) Make ab gas a thing. Right now I have to haul hundreds of weight in green gems and gas balls to make a fraction of the gas that I can otherwise make on Rag with a lot less effort. So my current solution is to tell abs gas offering to go back into the isolated hole from where is came and continue using Rag. I suggest Ab gas grind yield 3x more from chem bench, then its worth using. I know ab is supposed to be hard, but don't be miserly too.

4) Gems and Mushrooms should be more relevant. Seriously why do we even have all this stuff?? Nobody from any of the other maps cares about it except when they want a cliff plat or a wing suit. Again, greater effort should yield greater reward. Here is a proposed direct substitute table:

Green Gem = Flint

Blue Gem = Scrap Metal (yes you can melt down gems now)

Red Gem = Hard Poly

Aggeravic Mushroom = Bug Repellant (3 seconds per)

Benefits of Aquatic and Auric Mushrooms should be boosted (something like 3x)

Ab mushrooms should grow in Island artifact caves .. where we see mushrooms growing .. making the easier artifacts possible to attain without any other gear or dinos as a point of skill (see Aggeravic Mushroom above). It would also introduce island players to the concept of mushrooms as a form of ab-promo.

Archived