Refunded Ark because off the obnoxious sounds

Balsjak

id like to refund my steam version but cant as I bought it a few years ago.  steam wont let you play crossplatform so I can tplay with friends.  win 10 version does but cant afford it.  ive recently been playing or trying to play on ragnarock.  the starting area dino in the easy area are way to high of a level.  ive noticed the dinos to be level 180 to 293 in the area.  also there is a dragon flying around in the area that is level 233+.  ive seen its level just b4 its killed me each time.

16 hours ago, Balsjak said:

Refunded Ark because off the obnoxious sounds

Hi,

I really liked the game on it's own, but the constant never ending obnoxious sounds made me refund it on Steam.

Just wanted to let the devs know.

Cyl.

Feel free in the future to just stop playing a game without joining its forum to say you refunded it

Sorry i didn't elaborate.

The sounds that drive me crazy are:

•  footsteps from large dinos, turtles and most babies 
  • dodos 
  • Archy birds screeching 
  • the 'hippo' and trike sounds
  • fire places and torches
  • fabricator
  • crafting arrows: pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling
  • switching weapons/tools
  • seagull sounds when i'm near a beach

We tamed a pretty lvl 174 tech raptor with almost perfect stats. I stated to mix and breed then hatched the eggs... the sound those baby raptors make when eating is what pushed me over the edge and made me refunded the game.

In my search history i can see that I've wasted more time trying to mute sounds, lighting/reflections and improve hit registration then actually gaming. The're are thousands of Dutch, English and German posts/topics by people that dislike a lot of the sounds and not a single solution. It's a shame because this game has all the potential. 

Been fun,

Cyl.

ps: playing with SFX sounds mutes makes the game feel hollow and boring.

19 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

Are you referring to the fart noises? Those are the best. I love when an awkward moment is broken by a farty noise, also great when you are looking for poop!

The fart sounds aren’t the best ... buhhh ?

The best sounds are the female char’s when thirst or hungry.. every time I hear them , I’m positive she’s Almost achieving climax ...???

6 hours ago, Quilleute said:

The fart sounds aren’t the best ... buhhh ?

The best sounds are the female char’s when thirst or hungry.. every time I hear them , I’m positive she’s Almost achieving climax ...???

You have no idea, it used to be even worse, like, ugh, it was annoying. You fall off something high and...just annoying as all get out. 

12 hours ago, Balsjak said:

• dodos 
  • Archy birds screeching 
  • fabricator
  • crafting arrows: pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling, pling

We tamed a pretty lvl 174 tech raptor with almost perfect stats. I stated to mix and breed then hatched the eggs... the sound those baby raptors make when eating is what pushed me over the edge and made me refunded the game.

In my search history i can see that I've wasted more time trying to mute sounds, lighting/reflections and improve hit registration then actually gaming. The're are thousands of Dutch, English and German posts/topics by people that dislike a lot of the sounds and not a single solution. It's a shame because this game has all the potential. 

Been fun,

Cyl.

Man you need help...

The hit detection is a different post I made. 

On 4/25/2020 at 2:35 AM, Allanballan said:

Man you need help...

If you google how to mute things or dinos in Ark you will find lots and lots of people that dislike certain sounds. Some dinos make sounds with a 4 to 5 second interval. That means the sound plays roughly 800 times an hour. Transporting stuff from one side of the map to the other means hearing that bird screeching every few seconds. Can't you comprehend that some players find that obnoxious? 

My RL friends that are still playing mute the SFX when moving the Bronto bases because they can't understand each other on Teamspeak. We planned on using mobile bases to explore the Island, but we didn't because of the Bronto footsteps. From what I've seen so far a lot of people would enjoy the game more if they had more control over the sounds. 

• Volunteer Moderator
On 4/24/2020 at 1:03 PM, Balsjak said:

• dodos 
  • Archy birds screeching 
  • fabricator

Been fun,

Cyl.

If you experienced all that, then you definitely played over 2 hours, and therefore not eligible for a refund on Steam.

Pretty sure you still have the game, didn't get a refund, which is why you continue to come back here.

So, next time, just be honest, say you don't like the sounds and don't make up stories for "views".

On 4/24/2020 at 8:03 AM, Balsjak said:

• dodos 
  • Archy birds screeching 
  • fabricator

Been fun,

Cyl.

DUDE ! you CAN'T have it both ways .....grow up and stop whining about things that can be turned down.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Balsjak said:

Played on my buddies account/pc before i bought it ? The part that sucks the most is not playing RL friends.

This ain't about views or trolls. Just giving feedback in the hope I can someday enjoy this game. 

So you played on your friends account, experienced all the noises, then bought it yourself, complain about the noises and then seek refund.

If you want to someday enjoy this game then get used to it now, because those noises aren't going anywhere.

I didn't mes around with his settings. In total I've probably only played around 8 hours. Most of it with SFX sounds off. When I started playing at home is when i found out the sounds couldn't be muted. I don't see how i'll ever get used to those sounds. That's when I refunded the game. 

Sorry for having a "wrong" opinion and sorry for trying to give feedback.

Archived