ARK has become a pay-to-win game because of the ARK blackmarket

ChrisGamingYT

there is a ARK blackmarket out there where you can buy OP dinos and without those you have no chance to win, therefore ARK has become a pay-to-win game

time to open your eyes WILDCARD, and end all server transfer + global wipe on official

I know the black market guys are going to attack me like savages because they're going to fear for their wallet, all I have to say is bring it on, you don't scare me

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You aren’t saying anything ppl don’t already know still doesn’t make it pay to win though because wildcard has nothin to do with it. The same can be said about literally any game ppl either sell items or accounts depending on the game that’s always been around and against the rules in pretty much every game 

I never paid money for an in game item and I have all the boss stuff I want. 

I traded a new comer tribe an anky and argent not too long ago,  in 30days they were bringing me the latest stuff.

it also helps to know what people want,  u can easily tame wild event low level females of most popular species and trade that to others who have the powerful stuff.  There no need to spend cash on anything other than the dlc.

people even trade for level 1 versions of animals.  Anyone can tame a few level 5s and breed until they get level one and clone and trade away.

3 hours ago, ChrisGamingYT said:

there is a ARK blackmarket out there where you can buy OP dinos and without those you have no chance to win, therefore ARK has become a pay-to-win game

time to open your eyes WILDCARD, and end all server transfer + global wipe on official

I know the black market guys are going to attack me like savages because they're going to fear for their wallet, all I have to say is bring it on, you don't scare me

Ah yes the whole I cant fight so everyone else is using OP stuff they must've bought argument.

3 hours ago, ChrisGamingYT said:

Worst solution EVER. Honest people have spent years breeding their lines and trade them as intended on official forums and you want to simply wipe everything? How is that going to change anything other than cause all the honest people to quit.

What needs to happen is wildcard needs to either completely segregate the servers of people who actually PAID for Ark and those who get it "free-to-play" like they do in China. Why? Because when a game is free to play, there are no consequences to your actions. If you're banned, you just grab another steam account, download free-to-play ark, and return back to what you were doing. This is why Chinese tribes will frequently laugh at anyone threatening to report them, saying that they'll just use one of their other half dozen accounts. If they had to pay $150+ for all ARk content every time they got banned, the actual punishment might have a bit more sting to it.

1 hour ago, AndrewLB said:

Worst solution EVER. Honest people have spent years breeding their lines and trade them as intended on official forums and you want to simply wipe everything? How is that going to change anything other than cause all the honest people to quit.

What needs to happen is wildcard needs to either completely segregate the servers of people who actually PAID for Ark and those who get it "free-to-play" like they do in China. Why? Because when a game is free to play, there are no consequences to your actions. If you're banned, you just grab another steam account, download free-to-play ark, and return back to what you were doing. This is why Chinese tribes will frequently laugh at anyone threatening to report them, saying that they'll just use one of their other half dozen accounts. If they had to pay $150+ for all ARk content every time they got banned, the actual punishment might have a bit more sting to it.

You can buy ark keys for like 3$, 15$ if you want all dlc.. even as a non chinese person

The real money trade is gigantic in ARK. Tons of mega tribes make huge amounts with the real money trading. 

People sell everything and for prices you could buy a ARK again just for some starter stuff but people buy it. I remember the news about a mega that bought servers and clusters from other big tribes. Paying 10k $ for a whole server cluster is IMO just crazy but they make more than enough money with the real money trading to afford those things.

You can't even report them unless they tell you INGAME that they are selling for cash and even then it would be probably hard to proof. 

Everything outside of the ARK client has nothing to do with Wildcard (told by a GM) and they won't/can't do anything about it.

I really don't think that this is healthy for any online game but I see many of you underestimating how many people trade for real money in ARK and how quick it can boost you or give you the advantage you need. Attacking the OP because he said ARK is P2W is just wrong, the game clearly has a big issue with IRL money trading which is probably too hard to stop or control by Wildcard considering that even Blizzard is not able to stop it while putting a lot of effort into it.

Just a reminder that some people and many mega tribes make thousands of $ from ARK this is not a myth or conspiracy, it's just how it is and has been for a very long time but nearly every online game suffers from this.

20 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

You can't even report them unless they tell you INGAME that they are selling for cash and even then it would be probably hard to proof. 

A GM once told me that even if people admit doing banneable stuff in chat, it's not a proof in itself. I reported so many players who braged about cheating in chat and nothing has ever been done, same for teamers on small tribes. WC simply won't do anything unless you have video evidence or rocksolid screenshots, like floating bases (found a few over the years, all devwiped) for example.

22 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

Attacking the OP because he said ARK is P2W is just wrong, the game clearly has a big issue with IRL money trading which is probably too hard to stop or control by Wildcard considering that even Blizzard is not able to stop it while putting a lot of effort into it.

Not because Blizzard fails at doing it means everyone else can't.

I've been playing Everquest since 1999 and they delt swiftly and efficiently with the issue. Players were selling specific quest items and in-game money for IRL one. Even raids for hard quests were being monetized by the community at some point. Verant/Sony (pre-Daybreak) applied a massive insta-ban policy on the matter. If you were even suspected, you were banned permanently with no possibility to play that account ever again.

A few years later, they pushed the idea further by adding their own in-game item (krono) bought with IRL cash that can be traded to other players for in-game money. The item can also be consumed at any time to add +30 days to your in-game subscription. We could debate all day long on the impacts on the in-game ecenomics regarding that specific item, but my point is, it can be done.

@Darkholis in WoW you can at this point buy gold from Blizzard. It probably stopped it to some degree unless people undercut their prices but IMO it's still a very, very destructive system.Blizzard selling gold themselves now, it makes it way more accessible for everyone and Joe who would have never spend IRL money on gold now buys from Blizzard  because he didn't trust the China Farmers.

It's a pay to win mechanic in my opinion which some people would try to argue about like those ''pay to progress'' mechanics which are also just pay to win. Any advantage you get over others ingame is pay to win, easier access to gold, faster leveling, bought gear, buying inventory slots and many more. Unless it's 100%%% only cosmetic and not sellable it is just simply Pay 2 Win. 

ARK is not a Pay 2 Win game but OP posted about some issues that are in the game and ruin the balance to some degree with outside influences.

11 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

@Darkholis in WoW you can at this point buy gold from Blizzard. It probably stopped it to some degree unless people undercut their prices but IMO it's still a very, very destructive system.Blizzard selling gold themselves now, it makes it way more accessible for everyone and Joe who would have never spend IRL money on gold now buys from Blizzard  because he didn't trust the China Farmers.

It's a pay to win mechanic in my opinion which some people would try to argue about like those ''pay to progress'' mechanics which are also just pay to win. Any advantage you get over others ingame is pay to win, easier access to gold, faster leveling, bought gear, buying inventory slots and many more. Unless it's 100%%% only cosmetic it is just simply Pay 2 Win. 

ARK is not a Pay 2 Win game but OP posted about some issues that are in the game and ruin the balance to some degree with outside influences.

I get your point mate and I never said once the game as well as these are not P2W. I simply provided an example of how the blackmarket system (what the OP mentionned) can be ruined if the devs are willing to invest time into a proper solution.

I agree with you that P2W ruins gaming and thus shall be limited to cosmetic items only. For me P2W is where you can't have specific items/access to certain aspects of the game unless you pay. In just about every MMOs, you can reach the end-game content without spending a dime on in-game currency. On the flip-side, games like EVE pretty much requires you to buy in-game money/skill injectors. If you don't you will never reach end-game on your own as learning every skill in the game requires ±20 IRL years.

Another good example are World of Tanks and World of Warship. The tank one has premium vehicules which are known to be far superior to what's available to non-paying players, thus is a P2W mechanic. In the ship game, you have premium ships that only gives you extra credit per game, but have no significant advantages over normal ships, thus not P2W.

14 hours ago, ChrisGamingYT said:

Not sure where you get your ideas. You posted within an hour of this that you only play SP 

The OP dinos you mention, where are you suggesting these came from? Are you saying that people can just buy whatever spec'd dino they want and someone can custom spawn it into the game? Or are you saying that some people are stupid enough to pay real world hard cash for a dino? A dino that was bred by some in game breeder and  that can be traded for in game with gathered resources?  

Real world trading is against the C.o.C,  if you have evidence then report that to WC and the perpetrators can be dealt with. If you have evidence that someone can magically spawn in whatever level dino they want on official servers to sell, again report it 

I don't think you have any evidence of these things

But from what I can see, what you are doing now is either trying to inflame the community with your raptorpoop with no foundation of fact,  or you are fishing for visitors to your presumably dead or dying gaming channel

1 hour ago, Hemplethwaite said:

Not sure where you get your ideas. You posted within an hour of this that you only play SP 

The OP dinos you mention, where are you suggesting these came from? Are you saying that people can just buy whatever spec'd dino they want and someone can custom spawn it into the game? Or are you saying that some people are stupid enough to pay real world hard cash for a dino? A dino that was bred by some in game breeder and  that can be traded for in game with gathered resources?  

Real world trading is against the C.o.C,  if you have evidence then report that to WC and the perpetrators can be dealt with. If you have evidence that someone can magically spawn in whatever level dino they want on official servers to sell, again report it 

I don't think you have any evidence of these things

But from what I can see, what you are doing now is either trying to inflame the community with your raptorpoop with no foundation of fact,  or you are fishing for visitors to your presumably dead or dying gaming channel

Nice try. For you to look into my post history... you must be really worried about your wallet... just saying.

Right now I only play solo but before that I used to play PVP and I know everything about pvp problems.

Evidence? Just google it up, it's not that hard. If I were Wildcard AND if I wanted to put an end to it, I 'd just go to those blackmarket sites and buy something to catch the culprits and wipe them all. Even if you use a proxy tribe they should be able to use the logs to backtrack the original dino owners.

Regardless the best and easiest way to end it all is to disable all server transfer permanently, and do a global wipe. Only way for ARK to get new players that will stick to the game rather than stop after a week because they never had a chance to go anywhere.

43 minutes ago, ChrisGamingYT said:

Regardless the best and easiest way to end it all is to disable all server transfer permanently, and do a global wipe. Only way for ARK to get new players that will stick to the game rather than stop after a week because they never had a chance to go anywhere.

The debate regarding transfers occured years ago when SE was launched and WC's position never changed since then. Trying to bring this up again is a total waste of time.

A global wipe won't fix anything, even for new players. Vets like me can easily get to level 100 and unlock tek within 24 hours of a fresh wipe, so new comers will still get their rear ends destroyed, no matter what.

A good step would be to enforce an actual mutation cap and heavily restrain tribe size and teaming.

I have forgotten to point out that these OP dinos for sale have been unfairly obtained through a breeding exploit that is detailed here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3LHIjYUQZI

this is the reason why mega tribes are on beginner servers to tame a massive amount of low level females and Cedric of Wildcard has even contributed to this exploit (whether he knew it or not) by implementing wipes on beginner servers to clear all alphas from these servers and make sure mega tribes would not waste any time

6 hours ago, Darkholis said:

The debate regarding transfers occured years ago when SE was launched and WC's position never changed since then. Trying to bring this up again is a total waste of time.

A global wipe won't fix anything, even for new players. Vets like me can easily get to level 100 and unlock tek within 24 hours of a fresh wipe, so new comers will still get their rear ends destroyed, no matter what.

A good step would be to enforce an actual mutation cap and heavily restrain tribe size and teaming.

Dude if you can get tek stuff in 24 hours from a zero base start and with no leg up from an established crew, then I am seriously doing something wrong somewhere ..............

13 hours ago, Fukushu said:

The real money trade is gigantic in ARK. Tons of mega tribes make huge amounts with the real money trading. 

People sell everything and for prices you could buy a ARK again just for some starter stuff but people buy it. I remember the news about a mega that bought servers and clusters from other big tribes. Paying 10k $ for a whole server cluster is IMO just crazy but they make more than enough money with the real money trading to afford those things.

Everything outside of the ARK client has nothing to do with Wildcard (told by a GM) and they won't/can't do anything about it.

I really don't think that this is healthy for any online game but I see many of you underestimating how many people trade for real money in ARK and how quick it can boost you or give you the advantage you need. Attacking the OP because he said ARK is P2W is just wrong, the game clearly has a big issue with IRL money trading which is probably too hard to stop or control by Wildcard considering that even Blizzard is not able to stop it while putting a lot of effort into it.

Just a reminder that some people and many mega tribes make thousands of $ from ARK this is not a myth or conspiracy, it's just how it is and has been for a very long time but nearly every online game suffers from this.

Everyone who's mocked OP should feel pretty foolish at this point, unless they just had absolutely no idea.  The trade is indeed pretty big, though...

9 hours ago, ChrisGamingYT said:

Nice try. For you to look into my post history... you must be really worried about your wallet... just saying.

Right now I only play solo but before that I used to play PVP and I know everything about pvp problems.

Evidence? Just google it up, it's not that hard. If I were Wildcard AND if I wanted to put an end to it, I 'd just go to those blackmarket sites and buy something to catch the culprits and wipe them all. Even if you use a proxy tribe they should be able to use the logs to backtrack the original dino owners.

Saw your name and the low post count, it's not like you're a huge contributor to the community. I knew you'd been posting the same thing in other unrelated threads so figured you have an agenda.

PVP was too toxic for you? So now you just want to wreck the game for the unaffected PVE community

You know what,  a wipe of PVP might be best for the game.

And re-purpose all the  servers to PVE that would solve the problem. No more market for P2W and the toxicity it brings 

Archived