What's the Difference between having a cluster and traveling between saves?

Wetnoodle

What's the Difference between having a cluster and traveling between saves?

I like the idea of having a cluster so that way I dont have to level up dinos on each world and build a base/start over. I want to be able to have a base on Ragnarok and go drake hunting on aberration then hop over to extinction and fight a titan. I cant afford to run a single server let alone 3-5. I could run it off my pc which is decent on all epic I get 50 frames. I have a 3OOGB Free on my hardrive and 130 on my ssd and 16gb of ram.

I know uploading dinos/Characters to different saves is a thing is that the same? Or will I loose my characters tribe and such in the other save? If so how could I run a server of my pc?

A cluster requires that several maps (servers) are running at the same time, and that they're linked by the same cluster ID to allow survivors, dinos, and materials to be transferred between them.

Running a server on your machine: Each map would be a server.  You need about 8 GB RAM and a CPU core per server.
Start reading here... https://ark.gamepedia.com/Dedicated_Server_Setup

The PC you mention would be ok for 2 maps, but I wouldn't recommend playing on the same machine that acts as the server.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

16 hours ago, Larkfields said:

A cluster requires that several maps (servers) are running at the same time, and that they're linked by the same cluster ID to allow survivors, dinos, and materials to be transferred between them.

Running a server on your machine: Each map would be a server.  You need about 8 GB RAM and a CPU core per server.
Start reading here... https://ark.gamepedia.com/Dedicated_Server_Setup

The PC you mention would be ok for 2 maps, but I wouldn't recommend playing on the same machine that acts as the server.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Thank you for explaining it, Actually I figured out how to switch between single player saves like a cluster server thanks to a mod and some config tweaking. It takes a min to switch over but It's practically the same as a cluster I believe. I can transfer over Item,Dino's and my player via the obelisk to other saves without worrying if I'm gonna loose them. I've been switching between Ragnarok and the island alot to move dinos and my base stuff over.

Archived