The island, end game

wizard03

The island, end game

So Im just about done with the island. Working on breeding the tames needed to take on the bosses, but curious about what comes next? So lets say I tag the lvl 1 bosses, do I immediately go to the volcano cave and do an ascension? If so, what happens after that? Or do I try to go for the alpha bosses and take them out for the alpha ascension?
BIG QUESTION! When you do ascend, does the map restart/do you loose your tames and bases?

I started work on getting a crew together for the underwater cave run. Got super lucky and snagged a lvl 30 mossa {that was an ordeal! o.o} and a couple basils. Hopefully between the mossa and basils, I can work on getting me and mom through without an issue, but we have already begun talks of scorched earth. She keeps talking about a snow owl {not sure if that's scorched earth or not| but Iv taken a liken to the phoenix. Think Iv gotten an idea to get it at a very low level. hehehe.

Last but not least is, how does one go from one map to anouther with their character? Do you have to ascend? do you have to start all over? is it fun to redo new engrams and new kinds of equipment.....

Insight please.

I did gamma tek cave ascension and didn't loose anything, but for my tribe mate the screen went black and he had to restart ark, and he lost his rex and armor etc. But nothing else was lost. Fighting other bosses I've only lost one rex from a unrelated glitched out cryopod issue, and of course the bosses have killed some rexes. I've not fought bosses in any specific order, pretty sure you can just go for what ever floats your boat. Your map is not going to reset or anything like that. Transferring has nothing to do with ascension. Just go to a terminal and upload your character/ tames then log into the dlc you wanted to transfer to and you should be able to download them. If you have no player on that new map you should be given the option to download any uploaded player, if you uploaded tames and items in the other tabs you might have to make your way to a terminal or drop to get them downloaded, but you can also transfer items on your person. 

22 minutes ago, sjskdjkfa said:

I did gamma tek cave ascension and didn't loose anything, but for my tribe mate the screen went black and he had to restart ark, and he lost his rex and armor etc. But nothing else was lost. Fighting other bosses I've only lost one rex from a unrelated glitched out cryopod issue, and of course the bosses have killed some rexes. I've not fought bosses in any specific order, pretty sure you can just go for what ever floats your boat. Your map is not going to reset or anything like that. Transferring has nothing to do with ascension. Just go to a terminal and upload your character/ tames then log into the dlc you wanted to transfer to and you should be able to download them. If you have no player on that new map you should be given the option to download any uploaded player, if you uploaded tames and items in the other tabs you might have to make your way to a terminal or drop to get them downloaded, but you can also transfer items on your person. 

19 minutes ago, sjskdjkfa said:

Tame snow owls in the snow biome on extinction btw. (that is in the top right corner of that map, there is also managarmar there, and the waste land in-between the city and the snow biome is pretty dangerous so go prepared)

will ensure things are taken care of before hand, just in case. Id hate to loose a couple argy's we have. The rest of them are a meh....would hate to loose my egg farm, but not the worst thing. 
And have never transferred to a terminal. Im offline single player, so not sure how that works. Will delve a bit more into weather or not its easy to figure out, or if I need to dig deeper into how its done.
Would it be better to start a new run on a new map? Is it more fun that way?

And I figured the snow owls was not on scorched earth, but maybe I can show her the ways of the phoenix :P

I am in the same stage of the game. I have done all caves except swamp and snow. Doing snow later today. I have all my boss rexes bred, and I a have a blueprint for a 96 armor saddle. About half of them are crafted, but I have metal refining all over the map. My understanding is that the difficulty goes monkey then spider then dragon. As for the water cave, my tribe mate and I ran it with 2 really good Basilosaurus. I still need to find a alpha mosa and squid for the tek cave. 

16 hours ago, JustAnotherBeachNoob said:

I am in the same stage of the game. I have done all caves except swamp and snow. Doing snow later today. I have all my boss rexes bred, and I a have a blueprint for a 96 armor saddle. About half of them are crafted, but I have metal refining all over the map. My understanding is that the difficulty goes monkey then spider then dragon. As for the water cave, my tribe mate and I ran it with 2 really good Basilosaurus. I still need to find a alpha mosa and squid for the tek cave. 

bring lottsa arrows/spears for the alpha tuso….I think I spent 150 spears alone on trying to nip that one. o.o
Of course a solid mosa or maybe a hyper beefed up basil could do the job

10 hours ago, ArkRage said:

I have no idea. I'm too scared to do a boss fight incase I glitch and lose everything lol. That would be it for me. Good luck with whatever you do!

Dunno whats going to go down. We are defiantly eye balling the bosses right now tho

7 hours ago, wizard03 said:

bring lottsa arrows/spears for the alpha tuso….I think I spent 150 spears alone on trying to nip that one. o.o
Of course a solid mosa or maybe a hyper beefed up basil could do the job

I just need to find one. I have 2 40,000 health 900 melee Basilosaurus. They are definitely “hyper beefed up”. They are also mate boosted. 

10 hours ago, JustAnotherBeachNoob said:

I just need to find one. I have 2 40,000 health 900 melee Basilosaurus. They are definitely “hyper beefed up”. They are also mate boosted. 

get a bunch of scuba gear and spend the day under the water....took me about 16-20 in game underwater horsing around hours before I found one.

11 minutes ago, JustAnotherBeachNoob said:

I have already circumnavigated the island once. Killed all the squids (and alphas) I found. I guess back under it is. Where did you find yours?

It was kindo off by the east underwater cave for the artifact.  maybe more north, but I loose my sense of direction when underwater

I remember it was by the big seaweeds and south of carno island

Archived