Large Ocean Platform - Bug?

caleb68

So I built a metal ocean platform and placed it, and was trying to build a small pen on the inside of it by snapping stone walls down from the side of the platform, but I ran into a issue,   only two of the inner sides could have walls snapped down from them, the other two said that they were obstructed.  Is this a bug or is there some trick to making this work?  this was my first ocean platform, sadly lag caused me to destroy it while trying to remove a ceiling from the floor area.   

1. Any suggestions to get past this problem with the walls colliding with the sides of the platform?
  2. Can leeds / alpha leeds destroy the metal platform?
  3. Can alpha Sharks damage it?

8 hours ago, caleb68 said:

So I built a metal ocean platform and placed it, and was trying to build a small pen on the inside of it by snapping stone walls down from the side of the platform, but I ran into a issue,   only two of the inner sides could have walls snapped down from them, the other two said that they were obstructed.  Is this a bug or is there some trick to making this work?  this was my first ocean platform, sadly lag caused me to destroy it while trying to remove a ceiling from the floor area.   

1. Any suggestions to get past this problem with the walls colliding with the sides of the platform?
  2. Can leeds / alpha leeds destroy the metal platform?
  3. Can alpha Sharks damage it?

Personally, I use stairs to go 3 down on the insides, then a ceiling snapped to the bottom of the stairs, and walls up from the ceiling, then you can remove stairs. This way you can go 3 deep from the platform. When doing that and snapping back up, I'm always able to place walls all the way around. 

As far as I know, neither aggros to the structure. 

4 hours ago, GP said:

I would maybe suggest putting ceilings all around the edge and then walls down from that maybe? Not sure, just a thought.

yeah i tried doing stone ceilings, that wouldn't allow any walls down along the edge unless the ceilings went 1 in from the platform edge, so it actually made it issue worse.

the ocean platform is a cluster %^&* they only half made it u go to far below and the building panels are to far from platform u cant build another next to it u cant join them for such a good ideas they have only half thought it through may be the could get ideas from platform plus but there concept is fubar i have stopped using them because of these reasons

Archived