Anybody figure out a pattern to ferox stats when you enrage or are they random?

SylenceTheMind

Anybody figure out a pattern to ferox stats when you enrage or are they random?

I've submitted a bug wondering when we'll get a fix for this but having them re-roll stats when enraging is irritating. Is the re-roll intended perhaps? Anybody know a fix or a rhyme or reason behind the stat changes? They've fixed them to remain static when they go small again (thank god) but going large.. I'll see a 1400% melee damage go to 300% after enraging.  

I have done a little bit of testing with the ferox on single player with commands to figure out how to breed them efficiently and the answer I discovered was a little bit more complex than just a multiplier based on the small ferox.

In the wild, when the small ferox transforms during taming it has these stat multipliers based on the small form:

Health x20

Stamina x10

Food x2.6666666...

Weight x6.363636...

Oxygen x1

Damage x1

However, when tamed the small ferox gets the bonus levels but the large ferox keeps the original stats based on the multipliers of the wild stats of the small ferox. After the second transformation after tame, the large one then had a small increase in the damage stat which I attributed to the taming effectiveness multiplier, though it was hard to verify. I could be wrong.

When you start to breed then though, it gets a little strange.

The large ferox stats will have no correlation to the small ferox stats. It seems as if the small ferox never transformed in the wild then the stats for the large ferox were never rolled. You can see that if you use the command dotame on a wild ferox or if at the beginning of genesis you tamed it by tranqing it which has since been fixed as far as I know.

That being said, what happens with a bred ferox or a wild ferox that never transformed in the wild? The large ferox will then randomly roll its stats based on the levels available from the small ferox on the first transformation.

So in conclusion, if you are trying to stack mutations on a ferox it seems you have no control over which stats get put on the large ferox. So traditional mutation stacking of a single stat will not work the same way... The only thing that seems to effect the stats of the large ferox after breeding is the overall level of the small ferox just to increase the amount of levels rolled into the stats.

Disclaimer: These were my observations from just a couple hours of quick testing. I am not saying all of these findings are 100% accurate. I apologize for any misspellings, grammatical errors, or calculation errors. I typed this up quickly while also being preoccupied. I may have forgotten things and I may also have some things wrong, but hopefully it will give you a better understanding of how the large ferox stats work.

Holy raptor. Thank you for such a detailed write-up. So what it sounds like according to your findings is stat breeding is useless for the time being. We're able to breed with consistent results as small ferox but if the large ferox is going to random roll based off of level then we should be going for highest level only, and hope it rolls into hp/dmg when it's enraged. I really hope WC fixes this.. or this isn't acting as intended otherwise this is a lot of wasted time focusing points in HP/DMG while breeding.

Have several lines of Ferox being bred, and just popped some perfect stat twins in one line. The twins did not maintain identical stats once transformed, rather one had high hp while the other had higher damage, however the damage was still pretty garbage.

Hope they fix this or that this is not intended because they ruined all my Easter breeding efforts if so...

Archived