Ark Data Disappearing While Adding Items

Thunderjunk

Ark Data Disappearing While Adding Items

Information on this bug seems pretty scarce, so I'm looking for some extra community input here. This is on unofficial servers, but it's been noticed by multiple people on multiple server clusters. Not sure if it's an official thing as well. When moving an item from player inventory to the Ark Data (via terminals/obelisks/etc), all items including those already in there and the latest one moved over simply disappear. Not recoverable from the map you uploaded them on, or any other in the cluster. They simply "POOF". You can continue to upload new items, but they get deleted again after every half dozen or so. is there an actual fix for this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

On officials some have said they have lost eggs, cryo dinos and items they uploaded and to be honest at first I thought they were putting items in the ob/transmitter by accident ~

Then today on official we were transferring over to rag to get the tek lights unlocked and my flak helmet just disappeared after uploading ~ I didn’t notice until I transferred over ~ I know I uploaded it because I checked to make sure my inventory was clear a few times before I transferred and the transmitter was empty ~ My boyfriend also lost his sword ~ We were lucky it’s just stuff we can replace easily ~ I hope this gets fixed soon 

I lost a cryopod arthropleura for no apparent reason,i was uploading like 15+ items on the transmitter in our base and only one item went poof,this cryo arthro,the only different thing that happened is that when you drag something to upload and you release click it says removed from your inventory at bottom left but when i transferred the arthro it didnt say it,i searched everywhere(previous servers,previous fridge where i took the cryo,)but couldn't find it

this is on official PVP small tribes

It seems to be almost completely random too, as we've tested as many aspects of it as we could think of. Sometimes it poofs after only a few items, and other times we can hit the upload limit, but then it even happens in the reverse, with the Ark Data disappearing while taking things back out of it. Obviously losing a slot cap of whatever resource you've just spend a significant amount of time gathering is a huge problem. Haven't had an issue with uploading dinos in the Creatures tab, but any cryo going in the Ark Data is likely to go bye-bye if you dare upload so much as a narcoberry after it.

So, I like to store utility animals for when I go to a new map for easier base building and went to get my stuff out of the ob...Nothing there. No items or animals. I tried fthe ob ob my clustered map and same drill. I popped over to singleplayer and miraculously my stuff is there. I'm happy it isnt gone forever, but my singleplayer isnt where I do progression or heavy breeding...Just kind putz around. Checked my servers to see if I messed up a setting, but I have disable upload and download as false. Super annoying.

• 3 weeks later...

You know what I think the same thing happened to me yesterday. I uploaded a bunch of stuff into the ark data and when I went over to Genesis my chainsaw and magnifying glass that was in the ark data were gone. I managed to download everything else but was going crazy thinking it was dropped on the ground when I transferred.

1 minute ago, Kaprosuchus said:

this has happened for a long time on my unofficial. it seems to happen more frequently if people try to upload things quickly. lost an entire obelisk full of cooked metal due it last week.

I agree adding things too fast can confuse ark servers, best to wait a few seconds before adding the next item. Hanging at the refreshing inventory message is painfully slow xD

Hi.

Playing PC Official PVE EU.

The last couple month i lost some random gear, i dont realy remember if on ul. or on dl. not a big deal, BUT just lost 2 cryoed rexes (Breeding pair) ul. fine from Val. server 512 but on dl. on Ext 464 server, cryos never got in inventory on char. :(

And yes i take the precaution to wait atleast 5 seconds and do a drag not a doubleclick. slow and easy.

Transferred other items in the same go and this is just bullying from ARK that it was the cryos.

Edit:
Just to add info. Checked timers before it started and ul. timer was around 7 minutes, finished all downloads with a timers reading 4 minutes and some secs.

So not near a server save...

Just out of curiosity, a question to those experiencing the issue on unofficial servers. Do you know which hosting provider (if not being run on a private box) your server is using? We use Host Havoc for ours. Trying to find some sort of commonality between these cases, outside of just Wildcard being Wildcard, since we can't do much to fix that.

On 5/21/2020 at 4:42 PM, Thunderjunk said:

Just out of curiosity, a question to those experiencing the issue on unofficial servers. Do you know which hosting provider (if not being run on a private box) your server is using? We use Host Havoc for ours. Trying to find some sort of commonality between these cases, outside of just Wildcard being Wildcard, since we can't do much to fix that.

I too am having this issue with the same service provider, did you find a fix?

On 5/21/2020 at 5:42 PM, Thunderjunk said:

I too have Host Havoc as a service provider. Maybe we should write a ticket each one of us and put this forum thread as a attachment. Im tired of losing items. Just lost 1000 Black Pearls to this issue.

Although this seems to happen all over the official network but still 3 in this thread uses the same provider. Might be a coincidence and might has something to do with it.

On 5/26/2020 at 2:08 AM, Michaelt said:

I too am having this issue with the same service provider, did you find a fix?

Archived