Constant 2x on official?

johnm81

Boosted rates so boooooring! 
For weekends, 2x is fine, permanent takes away the grind and make the progression way too fast. 

3x and 4x was a joke aswell. It's funny they want to compensate for all this quarentine and isolation, which for most people means they have more time to play ARK and progress.. 
But when it's "normal" times and people are working or whatever and has less time, no rates are boosted except for weekends. To me it seems stupid. 

2x rates are totally fine IMO and please don't come with ''oh but we already play on 2x'' :D 

Who in their right mind wants to breed a giga for 2 weeks and imprint every 8 hours. That always reminds me about a crazy guy in our school back in the day when ''Age of Camelot'' was a thing. He woke up in the middle of the night to defend his base for hours during workdays and came to school to sleep.

This game shouldn't be just for the jobless or super ''gamers'' to enjoy. I can't think of anyone ''normal'' who wants to breed a tuso. mosa or giga for 2 weeks with nearly no time to miss any imprints...

9 hours ago, TraXz said:

For weekends, 2x is fine, permanent takes away the grind and make the progression way too fast. 

3x and 4x was a joke aswell. It's funny they want to compensate for all this quarentine and isolation, which for most people means they have more time to play ARK and progress.. 
But when it's "normal" times and people are working or whatever and has less time, no rates are boosted except for weekends. To me it seems stupid. 

....I ....Nevermind...

10 hours ago, TraXz said:

Confused The Big Lebowski GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

1 minute ago, ChrisGamingYT said:

the concept of "hyperinfliation" might be too difficult to grasp for a less educated person

if a government decides to create 10X times more banknote that won't magically make everyone 10X times richer, that will just make the banknote 10X times less valuable

You seem to think ARK has an economy or something?

9 hours ago, ChrisGamingYT said:

the concept of "hyperinfliation" might be too difficult to grasp for a less educated person

if a government decides to create 10X times more banknote that won't magically make everyone 10X times richer, that will just make the banknote 10X times less valuable

The difference of "real life" and a video game might be too difficult to understand for an uneducated person like you. 

Rates in ARK has no comparison to your statement. 

19 hours ago, ArkRage said:

Oh shurrup. Just shurrup. They are being thoughtful thinking of their players for once and here you are mooooaning. 

Go do a few 12h shifts and then come and complain about the boosted rates.

I'm at work aswell, i'm not staying home everyday like many of you. 
I still do believe that 2x is making the game way too easy and shorten the progress by a significant amount, which kills the fun of the game faster. 

For some breeding on certain tames, I can understand that 2x feels better, but they should honestly just fix the breeding timers for these tames. 

On top of that, it makes people tame and breed more, which causes even worse server performance because it has to calculate for more timers which causes a lot of stress on the server. It's already highly populated do to isolation, increasing the stress on their servers because of boosted rates are not going to make the experience better. Just the opposite. 

Archived