How I would nerf manas

Frost027

How I would nerf manas

Although I think an entire rework is needed to truly fix them for pvp balance, this is how I would simply nerf them so other things could actually complete in the game.

This is entirely for PvP, and has nothing to do with PvE. So, here it goes

-Reduce saddle armor cap from 124 (and 188) down to a hard cap of 60 armor

-Cap health at 7.5k before imprint

-Cap melee damage at 415% before imprint

-Reduce health per level by 55%

-Reduce melee damage per level by 18%

-Decrease stamina cost of all actions by 20%

-Decrease managarmer ice breath damage by 75%

-Decrease managarmer dive bomb damage by 50%

-Increase time to freeze all targets by 33%

-All ground creatures (including the quetzal) have their freeze time reduced by 65%. This does not apply to other enemy manas

-Mana deal 3.5x increased damage to each other

-Wyverns, Griffins, and Rock Drakes can no longer be frozen by manas

-All flying creatures have their freeze time reduced by 90%

-The freeze immunity increase from 30 to 90 seconds

-The Reaper King and Rock Golem can also no longer be frozen by manas

-Added an 8 second cooldown to the dash ability

-60% of the damage a Lightning Wyvern deals to a mana, will ALSO be dealt to the rider

-Fire Wyvern breath deals 9x increased damage to manas, and will also set fire to the rider

-Ice Wyverns are immune to ice breath damage, and being slowed by Ice Wyvern breath will prevent a mana from jumping or dashing

-Every 0.5 seconds of using ice breath in the air, increases its stamina cost by 12.5%

I know. All this for one creature. And I still think they'd be slightly overpowered.

The stat caps are to prevent them from getting grossly overpowered stats. The majority of the nerfs are too severly nerf the damage so they don't melt everything in 2 seconds. And also to make the freeze stun waaaaay less effective, so they can't kill everything with no effort.

The mentioned Wyvern counters, are obvious. Give manas a counter.

Personally, I think a total rework would be better, say, remove all damage from the ice breath, or reduce it's damage by 95%. Or their mobility. Being so fast, dealing so much damage is such BS.

And Wildcard, since you can't realize how much you've ruined your game, I've provided you a way to actually make your game worth playing as to where the entire damn game isn't ruled by one creature, even after 5 nerfs.

You don't need to modify cards to be "inclusive" or "add variety" to competitive games, you simple remove them from the gamemode. Banning wild dinos with crazy abilities from PvP should be a thing to shut all the nerfs that cripple PvE and turn amazing dinos into literal s* with no uses but decoration (we have enough dinos in this category already).

They can be a very expensive/large Phiomia if they apply 33% of this ridiculous list. They do s* a lot already (to the point i think my Mana will die from intestinal cancer at any moment) - i feel they are 1 nerf away from this reality.

One thing needs to change for sure: flyers need to drop down to the ground and not float frozen in the air - because that's just ridiculous...

Manas shouldn't be balanced around the lines on offical pvp, they need to introduce counters to it. With those nerfs a 150 tame mana would be basically unusable.

Since the mana is filled with explosive gases, it would make sense that certain thing could ignite it. I'd say when it's hit by fire, bullets, or explosives it looses all of its stamina and additionally takes more damage from said attacks. I'd also let it do multiple dashes and strafes midair again. This way a mana can be grounded by even a single bullet, but you can use those dashes to dodge.

Archived